What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jet removal  (Read 9466 times)

benalexe

jet removal
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:13:58 pm »
My guess is you guys can't give me any advice on this since all jets are different.  My jets have an outer ring.  You can turn the outer ring to turn the water flow on and off.   When you turn them conuterclockwise to the off position and keep turning the jet pops out.   I can't for the life of me get the jet to pop out.  When I had a service call I had the tech do it for me and it popped out in an instant.   He made it look so easy.

Any suggestions on how to pop these suckers out?

Hot Tub Forum

jet removal
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:13:58 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: jet removal
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:25:34 pm »
Maybe try to push down while turning??

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 01:20:19 pm »
My guess is you guys can't give me any advice on this since all jets are different.  My jets have an outer ring.  You can turn the outer ring to turn the water flow on and off.   When you turn them conuterclockwise to the off position and keep turning the jet pops out.   I can't for the life of me get the jet to pop out.  When I had a service call I had the tech do it for me and it popped out in an instant.   He made it look so easy.

Any suggestions on how to pop these suckers out?

Word of advice.
 I wouldn't get in the habit of removing Waterway jets!!!  They have a tendency to start blowing out and or the little tabs that hold the jet in start breaking or getting soft, then have to be replaced because they wont stay in.  We learned this when we sold Artesian  also  200 series Jacuzzi, 600 and 700 series Sundance.   Also to include many other major manufacturers.   That I don't need to list.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 01:38:40 pm »
Back in 2004 Waterway changed their chemical composition of the jets ... Artesian was one of the victims of this. My 2005 tub had some or all of a certain size of the bad jets. They were the medium sized swirling jets. Whatever broke under the warranty they replaced, I think I was up to 6 or 7 jets.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:42:06 pm »
We recommend that people remove their jets once per year and clean them. The older jets by waterway (and others) had issues with the plastics. it rotted away and they fell apart. They have since changed the type of plastics used. We have not had issues in quite awhile, unless you have poor water chemistry.

Ben...Turn counterclockwise till the jet stops, then turn hard, you will hear a click, then pull out. DO NOT remove the little jets that are in thermospas, they are not like the other jets and your spa will leak.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

benalexe

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »
Thanks Hilbilly,

The service guy told me the same thing about the little ones.  But I can't for the life of me get it to come out. I can't get a good grip of the ring. The service guy also told me to try and get some rubber kitchen gloves and that may give me a better grip.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 10:02:45 am »
They can be a pain sometimes. Do the faces turn easy or are they kind of sticky. If they do not turn easy there may be debris built up behind them which will make removing them even more difficult.

he is right, rubber gloves may help..Good luck!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:42:08 am »
First take a prybar and large hammer....Just kidding ;)

I've found that making sure the water is perfect with PH and Alk for atleast a week before and putting in about 6 oz stain and scale helps if I have to remove all the jets.

This is a trick to help them move and not break.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 01:06:05 pm »
Very good suggestion! I use stain and scale to clean them up sometimes if they are really bad too.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 01:06:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42