What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How hot is too hot?  (Read 2789 times)

tinybubbles

How hot is too hot?
« on: June 10, 2008, 02:44:59 pm »
So, it's been sweltering hot and the water in my spa is 107.  I've adjusted the circulation pump so that it only cycles for a few hours a day, overnight, when it's cooler.  Is it normal for the water to be this warm?  It's only the beginning of June.  What is going to happen in July?  Is there some point where the spa can be damaged by the high temps?  I thought I've read people blame blisters in the shell on hight temps.  It seems like the insulation that keeps the water warm in the cold temps would also keep the water cooler during high temps.  I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

How hot is too hot?
« on: June 10, 2008, 02:44:59 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: How hot is too hot?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:28:25 pm »
Even when it was over 110 last year I was able to keep my tub at 102 or so.  I kept it on summer or economy mode whater it is called at 80, then had the cover propped open with tennis balls.  Occasionally when I wanted it real cool, I would dump some water and add more but that didn't help a lot because the tap water was about 80.  I did do the ice cube a few times too for the kids.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 09:43:59 pm »
I am having a hard time to.
just around 102 with all the pumps of.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 10:43:32 am »
So,  Is it normal for the water to be this warm?  It's only the beginning of June.  What is going to happen in July?  Is there some point where the spa can be damaged by the high temps?  .
The tub will shutt down on its own if it gets to hot (some tubs at 110, some at 113) to protect you and the tub. It is normal for a well insulated tub. Its called heat creep.

You can try opening up the cabinet doors to let some heat out, and the tennis balls under the cover was a good idea too, lets heat out but helps keep dust ect from getting in.

Watch how short a period that you keep the circ pump off. It may cause water clarity issues.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 07:47:13 pm »
It's so hard to keep a spa cool out here. I'm in the Mojave desert and with the cover off on a cool day it doesnt even get down to 95 lol
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 07:47:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42