What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Swell-Tub's New Spa Search  (Read 75224 times)

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
Re: Swell-Tub's New Spa Search
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 01:15:02 am »
I wet tested the Grand Bahama in the Island Series, and the Piper Glen in their high-end series.  Both were nice.  Piper Glen was gorgeous, but didn't wow me for the price.  I probably would have gone Grand Bahama or Grand Cayman in the Island Series if I was going to buy Artesian.  Price was great and therapy was decent.  For my wife and me, other manufacturers fit us better, but the Artesians were nice tubs.  And I want to say the Island Series were in the mid 5 thousand range -- slightly more to upgrade to bigger pumps or an extra pump.
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 01:15:02 am »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 01:45:10 am »
We are looking at the Pelican Bay 8X9. With all the extra LED's, poly-planar stereo system that includes XM stereo, cover lift, steps, and taxes we out the door for $12K. There are no others options available so this unit would be loaded with every available feature.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

rodd4lsu

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 05:48:10 am »
My wife and I bought an Artesian Dove Canyon in the end of December and we're very happy with it. The individual pumps for each seat is a great idea, no sharing of pump output makes sense to me don't know why more mfg's don't go that route. We compared it to a Jacuzzi 480 and it didn't take long for us to make up our mind that the Artesian was the way to go for us. We did have one minor issue, the connector for the lights wasn't plugged in, had to remove a panel and snap it back in place, but overall, we're very happy.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 08:19:19 am »
I have a 2005 Artesian Grand Cayman. I couldn't afford the Piper Glenn which was their top of the line back then.

It is a nice tub, gave me a lot for the money and was the best value for me. Back in 2005  (with 2004 pricing I paid $6500 for it).

I have gone on the Artesian website and they have changed the design of it for 2008(?) and it now looks closer to a lot of other tubs - Piper, Optima and others with a foot dome. It has plenty of power when you want it and can be gentle when you need that.

The only thing I will caution you about is sometimes a manufacturer puts too many jets int the tub and the jet action suffers. I have 52 jets but now they make them with 62, it doesn't sound like much but 10 jets may be enough to go from "wow" to "huh" ... I'm talking from experience as I saw another tub that I was going to buy and the tub manufacturer turned their tub into a "huh?' tub. Of coarse if you wet test this will be avoided.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 09:17:00 am »
They had several blems for sale at the factory. Some with a jet missing or an extra jet was installed. They don't have separate model lines so all tubs go down the same line. I guess this is why they have some blems. Anyway I can get a Piper Glen blem for $7-8K. A new Piper Glen was like $11K out the door with taxes. The seven extra LEDs is $400 and the top of the line stereo with floating remote is $800. This was included in the $11K price. I had a budget for $10K but almost spent $15K a couple of weeks ago, so if the wet test goes well then I will be right in the middle of both prices.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 09:19:04 am »
My wife and I bought an Artesian Dove Canyon in the end of December and we're very happy with it. The individual pumps for each seat is a great idea, no sharing of pump output makes sense to me don't know why more mfg's don't go that route. We compared it to a Jacuzzi 480 and it didn't take long for us to make up our mind that the Artesian was the way to go for us. We did have one minor issue, the connector for the lights wasn't plugged in, had to remove a panel and snap it back in place, but overall, we're very happy.

How many jets does your 5 motors run?

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 11:00:51 am »
They had several blems for sale at the factory. Some with a jet missing or an extra jet was installed.

Huh, how the heck does that happen?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 11:25:57 am »

Huh, how the heck does that happen?

The guy who installs the jets can't count that high. I don't know. When I looked at the blems I couldn't see anything wrong with them. Alot of them were returned by stores that went out of business so they had 2006 and 2007 tubs but called them blems because they were returned.

2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 12:50:09 pm »
 We sold Artesian before Jacuzzi for 4 years, in the end the Jacuzzi won out.  The Artesian is a nice spa, and they have a lot to offer.  

We did have trouble with quite a few right out of the box, it was always a cross my fingers, I hope this runs type of deal. Once we worked the kinks out of them they seem to run fine.
   I know since they built a new factory their quality control went up quite a bit.  But we still stuck with Jacuzzi, I was selling Jacuzzi 10 to 1 over the Artesians, in the end I was blowing new Dove Canyons and Piper glens out at 5000.00 just to get rid of them.

Overall I like the Jacuzzi better, but like others have said check em out!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 04:40:48 pm »
Tonight I'm wet testing a Hot Springs Envoy. The Grandee is looking good but they don't have one wet. I guess in Nevada it is against the health department code to allow wet testing of tubs. The reason is that you swap sweat with other people so it becomes a community spa at that point.

I do have one question how many use your stereo in the spa? I'm told they don't get used much because the jets drown them out.

2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 06:38:59 pm »
Tonight I'm wet testing a Hot Springs Envoy. The Grandee is looking good but they don't have one wet. I guess in Nevada it is against the health department code to allow wet testing of tubs. The reason is that you swap sweat with other people so it becomes a community spa at that point.

I do have one question how many use your stereo in the spa? I'm told they don't get used much because the jets drown them out.

I went with the SpAudio II system with my tub (the same one you will be testing tonight).  I didn't have a stereo on my old tub, but I use this system almost every time I get in.  At least on the Envoy, the sound is not drowned out by the pumps.  I like it and would get it again if I got a new tub.  But, it is an expensive option.

Enjoy the wet test!
Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2008, 12:17:04 am »
Well we just got home from wet testing the Hot Springs Envoy.

Dealership = Outstanding (Spas by Renee)
Hot Springs Quality = Outstanding
Envoy Functionality = Far less than wow. The tub was small and difficult to get around in. Temp was 104 inside so we overheated pretty quick. We couldn't stay down in the lounger. I had my wife and 28 year old daughter with me for the test.

We sat in the Grandee dry and it was far more comfortable. So our first wet test was not very exciting. The dealer put out lit candles and had fresh towels lined up on a table. Turned out the lights so the tub lights could be seen. He did a great job of setting the mood for the experience. Only thing that could have been better is if temp was lower.

I would really like to buy a tub from this dealership. I will continue to do research. I think my next stop will be Sundance

Scott  :(
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 08:49:38 am by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2008, 01:00:41 pm »
 I honestly get that reaction from quite a few that wet test the HS, lack of power.  And thats one reason why a wet test is so important everyone likes different things.  I am sure the HS dealer hears things about our spas as well ?l
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:14:44 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2008, 01:07:58 pm »
 I am sure the HS dealer heres things about our spas as well ?l

Honestly, no one has ever even brought them up at our stores...unless you count the one's that tell us how much they "love their HotSpring jacuzzi!".

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 01:14:11 pm »
 Okay I will admit it, the wife and I watch American Idol.  :-[  

Last night one of the kids singing is named Chikeze,  Simon called him Jacuzzi.  ;D Freakin cracked me up!  I about spewed beer all over myself.  

And Term you don't even have a Jacuzzi dealer close to you do you??
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:15:56 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 01:14:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42