What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 4939 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Memorial Day
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:30:08 pm »
Just a well wishing to our troops, to those who have fought for our great country, those who have died for our country, and those to come who will join the armed services.

God BLess all who have the dedication and love to give thier lives for freedom. :'( :'( :'(

We love you all. :-*
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

Memorial Day
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:30:08 pm »

kervis

• runnergirl
Re: Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:28:37 pm »
What a nice message, thank you!

I remember as a kid, being "dragged" around to museums, services, memorials...

Now I am "THE MOM", and I am the one doing the dragging around!!  :D

There are still some things which I do not understand, nor do I want to spend the time to research it in order to explain it thoroughly to my children. (yes, pathetic.)

This is one of those times, however, when I just say, "Because I am THE MOM and I said so,"  and that is that.

Usually we are on the road this day, traveling back from the family cabin.  It is hard to figure out which town to stop in and when, for a Memorial Service, especially when there are fish to be caught and cars to be packed up to go home.

We all happened to be home this fine day, and thus walked, scootered and biked 2 miles downhill to our Veteran's Memorial and service at 11am.

It was all of 45 minutes with sorbet and GIANT American Flag cookies afterwards.  Our Award-winning Highschool band played as well.  

It was an honor to attend and my kids, thankfully, understood that there was a sacrifice involved that was bigger than them, and were wonderfully behaved at the service.

The whole thought of being able and willing to serve one's country with no thought of "What's in it for me?" is just such a noble concept thses days, isn't it?    I need East_TX_Spa to wordsmith for me here...

So, I echo WWHT and her wonderful message.

Thank you.
2005 HS Vanguard

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 08:07:16 pm »
Just a well wishing to our troops, to those who have fought for our great country, those who have died for our country, and those to come who will join the armed services.

God BLess all who have the dedication and love to give thier lives for freedom. :'( :'( :'(

We love you all. :-*

Ditto from this side of the border.

A heartfelt thank you to the US and Canadian veterans
Bullfrog 451

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 08:47:24 pm »
We were in church yesterday and the speaker asked if everyone in the congregation who either served in the military or had a family member serve to please stand. About 90% of the members stood and the speaker thanked us and then he started to cry. He told the story of a young man who served in Iraq. A grenade was thrown into his Hummer and it fell into a place they could not get to it. The young man was next to the door and he could have jumped out of the vehicle. Instead he threw himself on the grenade to protect his service buddies from being killed. He was killed but the others in the vehicle survived.

My son who serves in the Coast Guard was shot in the heart by a nail gun a couple of years ago while working at his station. My wife and I drove through the night with some of our grown children. None of the airlines could get us to the hospital by morning so we drove. My other children who lived in other cities flew to meet us in Oregon. When we got there, all of the officers including the Commander greeted us and treated us like family. The Coast Guard treated us with so much respect and concern. They had officers come down from Seattle who made arrangements to have our son sent home where he was allowed to stay with us for 6 weeks while his wound healed. So I am very proud to call the Coast Guard my family. I have been in the Coast Guard Auxiliary for 13 years.

Anyway I give my deepest respect and gratitude to all those who serve and especially to those who have given the greatest sacrifice of all to protect our country. God Bless you all......

Scott
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 12:48:10 am »
Amazing story Swell Tub.

I took my sons to the cemetary on Saturday and we spent 2 hours placing flags and flowers on the gravesites of the veterans with our scouts.  I was suprsied how much they enjoyed and how much they got out of it.  This will now be an annual tradition for us.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 01:44:44 pm »
Thanks Chrisi!!!   A day late :-[  Being a veteran myself,  (no wars)  I appreciate that!!  

Scott that must have been very tough to go through,.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 03:13:20 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

wewannahottub

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 02:57:30 pm »
You're welcome, Jim.

Scott, I hope your son continues to heal.  I am sure he gets that strong heart from his parents and from the COast Guard.

Last year, my son, now 18, thought about joining the Army Reserves.  I was totally scared and proud at the same time.  His dad talked him out of it, though, and at times of war, I admit my own relief, but I think it otherwise would have been a good choice for him.  We wanted front line infantry, too.

That hand grenade story sounds like one of the young men that died from Pennsylvania:  I know that story.

And, Canada, thanks to you, too, you come from a great country.  

Kervis, you are a heck of a mom and your kids should be greatful.

:)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 03:29:09 pm »
We always start our Memorial Day participating in the local parade followed by a beautiful ceremony at the cemetary

My  husband is a Vietnam vet and my most of my uncles (and one aunt) particated at some point in WWII. My father worked for DuPont on the Manhattan Project and my neice is currently serving as an MP in Iraq. So I have made it a point to educate my kids about the extreme sacrifice that our service people make to protect the things that we tend to take for granted.

God bless all that have fought to protect our country and especially those who are in harms way right now.

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 04:10:01 pm »
BoniBelle, you have my greatest appreciation as do all of you who have family members serving.

My son wanted to be a Marine, I talked him into joining the Coast Guard so he could save lifes closer to home. It has worked out well as I get to go out with him on the Coast Guard boat at his station and his brother has been able to go out with him as well. That said he does see some interesting and dangerous things. Drug running and illegals don't just come into this country from the South.

Thanks,
Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 04:22:36 pm »
Here is my nephew in front of some Scud Missle launchers.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 04:23:33 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wewannahottub

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 08:39:24 pm »
Nice pix Bill and Boni.  You both must be really proud.  My uncle fought with the Marines in Viet Nam, but he never talked about it.  My husband's step dad was in the Navy in WW2 and that is about all his memory is now, that era.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 08:39:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42