What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bees  (Read 4917 times)

always in hotwater

Bees
« on: May 16, 2008, 03:38:05 pm »
I Think this topic has been addressed before but i don't remember what the solution was. This year for the first time in 5yrs i have a bee problem under the cover.There doesnt seem to be alot of bee's but enough to make you wait a minute or two after you open it. I am hoping its just a  spring time thing,any ideas

Hot Tub Forum

Bees
« on: May 16, 2008, 03:38:05 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re:  Bees
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:54:40 pm »
If you would quit putting honey in your coffee that you drink during your soaks the problem might go away.  ;D

I would spray hornet killer on them and they will get the message. Also look for a nest or a gathering point and spray it as well.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:27:56 pm »
Are you in a drought area?  During dry times, they tend to seek out moisture.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cparlf

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 05:36:10 pm »
OK, here is a novel idea.  This year I had an exterminator spray my house, to quell a wasp and yellow jacket problem.  Every year I get imprisoned by bees, they build nests under the shutters, behind the siding, you name it.  The chemical he used was called border, I think, it is available only to licensed pest control people.  He sprayed the siding, window frames, shutters, hot tub, patio furniture, umbrella, trees and shrubs, and three weeks later, I have not seen one bee.  It will supposedly last two to three months, cost about $200.  I also took the sides of the tub off when new, and double sided taped vynl screening behind all louvers.  This works to keep em out of the cabninet.

always in hotwater

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 05:51:52 pm »
Its funny you mention that I just had my lawncare guys here and they sprayed the foundation of my house and around  the foundation around my tub.  that was about a week ago and no bees.Dont know what it is called but its supposed to keep all bugs out of your house.They said it would work for bees too!

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 08:34:27 pm »
I don't know about the bug chems, but I have heard that dryer sheets are supposed to work with many critters, but I don't know from experience.  Any other thoughts on the dryer sheets??  I guess if you put them in the spa cabinet... :-/
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 11:54:43 pm »
I don't know about the bug chems, but I have heard that dryer sheets are supposed to work with many critters, but I don't know from experience.  Any other thoughts on the dryer sheets??  I guess if you put them in the spa cabinet... :-/

I put dryer sheets in my cabinet.  Not sure how well they work, but they smell better than moth balls.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 01:17:49 am »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 01:17:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42