What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Now for something completly different??  (Read 24086 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Now for something completly different??
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:11:55 pm »
  So we decided to send an E-mail to the local Sundance dealer and H,springs dealer to see if they were interested in a BATTLE OF THE BRANDS promotional at the local mall to see if we can all boost sales.  10,000 each to cover tons of radio ads and the space. for a 7 day or more sales event.   The Sundance dealer said yes, Dan at Hot springs was going to talk to his guys and see if they were up to it.  I really hope they want to.

We will all have to follow some kind of pricing/guidelines/rules, and absolutely no bashing but just a fun create awareness sales event.  Probably early July before the state fair in August.

I think it will be a blast, we all know each other for the most part, so it should be a clean battle.  :)

Any thoughts/ideas from you guys??
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 02:13:16 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

Now for something completly different??
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:11:55 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Now for something completly different??
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:13:47 pm »
Sell 'em at MSRP!

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:16:45 pm »
 Chris, I think you need to get over that whole MSRP thing.

Summitman

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 03:48:21 pm »
Sell 'em at MSRP!

Term

NO BY-PASS

WOO-HOOO!!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 04:14:06 pm »
Chris, I think you need to get over that whole MSRP thing.

After reading your post, I extracted a 1991 Perdoma Churchill out of the humidor, went outside and sat in the sun on this glorious East Texas Saturday and did some serious ponderin' on your statement for an hour or so.

Whilst enjoyin' the slight breeze and still reveling in the tingling of my loins from the HotSpring Aria I had just graciously bestowed upon another thrilled customer, I thunk some deep thoughts about the "whole MSRP thing" and why it is simply another brilliant idea regurgitated from the depths of my inner machinations.  And I am pleased to share it with you....

You see, in spite of the serious tone one would expect from a business as vital to mankind as selling hot tubs for a profit, I was able to remind myself (through no small effort, believe me you) that the MSRP is an ignis fatuus benchmark by which a manufacturer places inherent value upon the products they produce.  Some companies place a higher value than others do and the unitiated public is generally not privy to the actual cost of these products due to the sensitivity of this information to the parties involved.  One can employ reasonable deductive facilities to make an educated guess and thereby reach a somewhat plausible determination of the value of said products, in this instance portable spas.

I pondered and postulated and damn near flagellated myself over your proposed event and the ensuing response, all the while neglecting the full enjoyment of my rapidly dwindling hand-rolled companion.  Sez I to myself and no other "If good ol' JJ truly wants to have a democratically governed spalapalooza with his friends, then what better format than to sell the spas upon their inherent value as determined by the respective manufacturers?"

As always, I found myself easily amazed at myself as I closed my eyes and ears and mind and envisioned your post from some time ago "I just tell customers that HotSprings are overpriced hunks of plastic" or some semblance thereof written in a not-too-bygone era.  If that be so, then sell thine products by their MSRP and pit your skills of high-end hydrotherapy pontification against your brethren in a battle to justify the differences betwixt the products based upon their known "value".  I'd give a good dollar or two to enjoy the spectacle that would unfold!

Only in this fashion can true democracy flourish throughout the spa industry....or, at least in ya'lls proposed spa extravaganza.

Term    
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 12:48:30 am by East_TX_Spa »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 04:53:00 pm »
  Ok then, glad your in a good mood.  I will let you know how it goes, that is if the HS guys even want to show up.  We thought it would be a good way to increase sales in the area.  Were not in an oil rich enviroment with only 2 other dealers.  Thanks for the thoughts.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 05:46:23 pm »
I think it is a great idea.  Especially since[glow] all[/glow] the reputable brands will be there. :D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 05:50:13 pm »

After reading your post, I extracted a 1991 Perdoma Churchill out of the humidor, went outside and sat in the sun on this glorious East Texas Saturday and did some serious ponderin' on your statement for an hour or so.

Whilst enjoyin' the slight breeze and still reveling in the tingling of my loins from the HotSpring Aria I had just graciously bestowed upon another thrilled customer, I thunk some deep thoughts about the "whole MSRP thing" and why it is simply another brilliant idea regurgitated from the depths of my inner machinations.  And I am pleased to share it with you....

You see, in spite of the serious tone one would expect from a business as vital to mankind as selling hot tubs for a profit, I was able to remind myself (through no small effort, believe me you) that the MSRP is an ignis fatuus benchmark by which a manufacturer places inherent value upon the products they produce.  Some companies place a higher value than others do and the unitiated public is generally not privy to the actual cost of these products due to the sensitivity of this information to the parties involved.  One can employ reasonable deductive facilities to make an educated guess and thereby reach a somewhat plausible determination of the value of said products, in this instance portable spas.

I pondered and postulated and damn near flagellated myself over your proposed event and the ensuing response, all the while neglecting the full enjoyment of my rapidly dwindling hand-rolled companion.  Sez I to myself and no other "If good ol' JJ truly wants to have a democratically governed spalapalooza with his friends, then what better format than to sell the spas upon their inherent value as determined by the respective manufacturers?"

As always, I found myself easily amazed at myself as I closed my eyes and ears and mind and envisioned your post from some time ago "I just tell customers that HotSprings are overpriced hunks of plastic" or some semblance thereof written in a not-too-bygone era.  If that be so, then sell thine products by their MSRP and pit your skills of high-end hydrotherapy pontification against your brethren in a battle to justify the differences betwixt the products based upon their known "value".  I'd give a good dollar or two to enjoy the spectacle that would unfold!

Only in this fashion can true democracy flourish throught the spa industry....or, at least in ya'lls proposed spa extravaganza.

Term    

I would like you to know that these types of posts are discussed in my household.  My 3 older children (13, 11, 9, 9months) have increased the point total on test scores because of these examples. (NWEA and the MCA--here in MN)  The point total helps to determine what kinds of State and National funds get distributed to each school.

We discuss the different parts of speech used and love to linger over the adjectives used in the parentally approved posts we have found here!

I will tell you that we  do the "PG-18" on any mention of  tingling in the loins, as I do not care to have my 13-year old even think about tinglings... ;D

2005 HS Vanguard

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 06:00:50 pm »
10,000 each to cover tons of radio ads and the space. for a 7 day or more sales event.

whoa...Jim would an event like that generate enough profit to cover 30 thousand dollars
worth of sales that would not otherwise have been generated from the store?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 06:02:01 pm »

I would like you to know that these types of posts are discussed in my household.  My 3 older children (13, 11, 9, 9months) have increased the point total on test scores because of these examples. (NWEA and the MCA--here in MN)  The point total helps to determine what kinds of State and National funds get distributed to each school.

It does give me considerable tingling in the aforementioned nether regions to hear that my innocuous ramblings are subject to comprehension by people of all ages.  Although I realize that it is not quite up to the verbal standards of "NO-BYPASS WOO HOOO!!!" with which others are more comfortable, it does my heart good to know that the youth of our nation are able to find semblances of proper grammatical representation upon this forum.

Thank you.

Termie
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:19:08 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 06:03:04 pm »
 I don't Term thinks it is, not sure why?      I should add in my defense, when I said as Chris so eloquently stated, that I tell customers that hot springs are nothing but over priced hunks of plastic.  Its true I said that here in a drunken stupor.  It is not how I sell nor what I tell customers.  ::)  Should I have had said that no, so I apologize for that even though it was awhile ago it must have stuck in his craw something fierce.

Like said I hope the HS boys want to do it!!   Dont know if we will do MSRP  SUGGESTED retail or what, we have not talked about that, but I am sure we as in us, hs and the sd dealer come up with something.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:06:34 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 06:31:42 pm »
Oh no, no, no...I think it's a great idea and sounds like a lot of fun.  Those would be 3 great products with which to battle and ya'll would probably all do well.  I was just throwing out a suggestion for ground rules.

It would be nice if we could do something like that around here, but our competitors would want to bring their pigs and banjos and corn and it would smell like Topeka before you know it.  The mall wouldn't appreciate that.  They had their fill when Master Spa set up out there last year.

Term
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:33:01 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 06:46:42 pm »
10,000 each to cover tons of radio ads and the space. for a 7 day or more sales event.

whoa...Jim would an event like that generate enough profit to cover 30 thousand dollars
worth of sales that would not otherwise have been generated from the store?

I am not sure that will be the number, they just threw that out there to get things going, this only took place yesterday.

Now if we sell at MSRP and we sell 10 spas we would do really really good.  But we don't sell at MSRP  I don't know anybody that does.  We don't even show it.  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 07:06:03 pm »
Only in this fashion can true democracy flourish through the spa industry....or, at least in ya'lls proposed spa extravaganza.

Term

Actually, we as a country are not a democracy. We are a Representative Republic. "Pure Democracy" is the same as Mob Rule. So if everyone in a room decides that they are going to vote to go to Colorado and punch somebody's lights out, they can do so.

We need a set of rules and laws to govern behavior - and of course in my example above, even if we all vote to go to Colorado, it would be against a couple of laws to do so.

Not in Texas, mind you...

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 07:23:23 pm »
It is going to take me days to comprehend the deep meanings of this thread. Since I don't smoke cubans, I wish I had a spa in the backyard so I could relax and take it all in.

Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 07:23:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42