What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Superbowl, NE Phil where are you?  (Read 4418 times)

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
Superbowl, NE Phil where are you?
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:37:24 pm »
NE Phil are you still in hiding or grieving for the Patriots? What a great superbowl game. The Patriots are a great team but came up a little bit short. They might have been a little over confident going in as a book had already been written with the title 19 and 0. Also  they were trying to get the rights to use 19 + 0. Just a bit premature in these actions. They looked tired and the pressure of going undefeated might have finally caught up with them. Bottom line the G-MEN came out and looked to be the more inspired team and Eli came through in the clutch with the game on the line. Patriots had a great season 18 wins and 1 GIANT loss.

Hot Tub Forum

Superbowl, NE Phil where are you?
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:37:24 pm »

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
Re: Superbowl, NE Phil where are you?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 12:45:07 am »
Even though first and foremost a Bears fan (and you'd think as a NFC fan I'd root for the Giants), I've been a Patriots fan for years.  I have to admit, though, when Eli scrambled out of that 4th quarter sack, when 2 or 3 guys had him, and threw that 30+ yarder, I thought he earned it.  Gutsy performance!
Mike

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:09:57 pm »
when Eli scrambled out of that 4th quarter sack, when 2 or 3 guys had him, and threw that 30+ yarder, I thought he earned it.  Gutsy performance!

99 times out of 100 that ball would have been intercepted.  The receiver had the ball, then pinned it to his helmet, then managed to get two hands on it.  It was a amazing catch but a very stupid throw on Mannings behalf.  The local sports radio guys are calling it the "immaculate reception #2".  Don't get me wrong I was glad to see Eli win it, I imagine the shadow his brother casts is pretty large.
Bullfrog 451

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:48 pm »

99 times out of 100 that ball would have been intercepted.  The receiver had the ball, then pinned it to his helmet, then managed to get two hands on it.  It was a amazing catch but a very stupid throw on Mannings behalf.

I've never seen a QB get away with more balls just thrown up for grabs than Eli F'in Manning! >:(

Tyree's catch ranks up there with one of the best Super Bowl catches.  However, notice that the Pats defender kept him from hitting the ground.  Tyree jumps up, bobbles it, pins it against his helmet, then grabs it with both hands.  As he's falling backwards, notice that his upper body, helmet, and hands never hit the ground because the Pats defender was supporting him.  Had the Pats defender not been in that exact position, Tyree would have hit the ground and the impact most likely would have knocked the ball loose.  Excellent hand-eye coordination and focus on Tyree's part, but he was also very fortunate.

That said, the Giants earned that win with their defense.  And the funny thing is that the Giants defensive coordinator was the Eagles linebackers coach prior to this season.  The weakest part of the Eagles defense was their linebackers for the past several seasons.  Spaguolo leaves the Eagles and their linebacker play is the best it's been in years.  And the Giants defense improves with him to the point that they can win a Super Bowl.  Some things just don't make sense.  :-?

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:06 am »
Aww heck, I was tired, after a while, of watching good players/coaches leave Chicago teams because they appeared to be worthless, they got put in the right system and -- bam!  They're doing great.  It happens everywhere.  It's hard to figure out sometimes.  The components just sometimes click.
Mike

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 07:15:39 am »

I've never seen a QB get away with more balls just thrown up for grabs than Eli F'in Manning! >:(

Dax, Come on, you are kidding right? Throwing balls up for grabs are what all the great QB'S do. EG:Farve, Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman. Notice a familiar theme here? All Superbowl Champions. Some have it some don't. NYG 2008 Superbowl Champions!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:01:05 am by wmccall »

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 08:28:38 am »

Dax, Come on, you are kidding right? Throwing balls up for grabs are what all the great QB'S do. EG:Farve, Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman. Notice a familiar theme here? All Superbowl Champions. Some have it some don't. NYG 2008 Superbowl Champions!

Dax, Dax, Dax.......you are delirious.  You're starting to sound like a typical Philly fan.  GIANTS are the SUPERBOWL CHAMPS and there's nothing else to say!!!!!  Maybe next year DAX!!   :P :P ::)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 10:43:09 am »
Congrats Bohms!! I was wondering when you would show up...I guess you waited until you had finished celebrating  ;)  :)

Dax, the Eagles have been in a Superbowl once in the last century and once in this century...isn't that enough for you? ;D ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 02:28:17 pm »
Congrats Bohms!! I was wondering when you would show up...I guess you waited until you had finished celebrating  ;)  :)

Dax, the Eagles have been in a Superbowl once in the last century and once in this century...isn't that enough for you? ;D ;D

Thanks Boni!  Yes....it took a couple of days for things to wind down a bit but I don't think the celebrating will ever end!  You certainly don't fall under that "typical Philly fan" group!!  Not sure how you manage to stay of it!  Kudos to you!  It's funny b/c I'm a Yankee fan and my husband is a die hard Mets fan and he always calls me a "typical Yankee fan"....not sure why....I just chalk it up to jealousy!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 09:41:11 am »
Bohms, I guess it is just that I love watching football and yes, I love my Eagles, but I think I enjoyed watching this season more than any. My husband is way over the edge..and once the Eagles were out of it, we could enjoy games without him flipping out. It has come to the point that I have to watch in another room when the Eagles are playing. So that is part of why I am probably not a typical Eagles fan. I love it when they win and really get into it when they move to the playoffs...but I can put it all into perspective. Having to explain to my husband week after week..."Nobody died, no one lost their house, no one lost their job...so you don't have to mourn..it is just a football game.. gets old.  And believe it or not, we fight over this. Shoot, my husband's reaction after the Eagles lost the Super Bowl was very similar to TO's...it's my quarterback rant!! ;D ;D

I think the playoff games this year were all excellent, so there is no reason to be sour grapes because my team wasn't there. I guess I am untimately a football fan before an Eagles fan.
 ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

morecowbell

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 04:52:35 pm »
local sports radio guys are calling it the "immaculate reception #2".  

The local sports radio guys around my way are calling it "the Giant snatch."
It sure got em out of a hairy situation.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 04:52:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42