What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 100% no by-pass filtration???  (Read 49885 times)

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: Jacuzzi 100% no by-pass filtration???
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2008, 07:56:52 am »

Sure, 100% of the water being pulled into the filtration system is going directly through the filter, with no bypass.   However, Sundance/Jacuzzi and every nonHotSpring do have bypasses.  Therefore, by definition, with bypasses,  all the water being pulled into the filtration system is going to the filter; however,  not all the water is going into the filtration system.

I guess we are getting into symantics at this point.  Sundance designed their spas so that the filtration system and the therapy system are separate.  Therefore, every day, 50000 gallons of water are passed through the filter, with no bypass.  Let me rephrase that.  There is no bypass on the filtration system.  All the water that was designed to go into the filtration system, does.    

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2008, 07:56:52 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2008, 09:55:10 am »

I guess we are getting into symantics at this point.  Sundance designed their spas so that the filtration system and the therapy system are separate.  Therefore, every day, 50000 gallons of water are passed through the filter, with no bypass.  Let me rephrase that.  There is no bypass on the filtration system.  All the water that was designed to go into the filtration system, does.    

Exactly!  Which means that the therapy system has no filtration.  As debris is introduced into the spa when you are in it with the jets on, it is circulated through the "therapy system" with no filtration.

All of the water that was designed to go into the filtration system does, true of all filtration systems.  And all of the water that is designed to not go through the filtration system also does so, in a unique way.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2008, 05:25:57 pm »
Most spas bypass the filter to some degree with the jet pumps on high. A big issue? Not really in the big scheme of things but HS positioned their marketing around no bypass. No different than Beachcomber's "Protec", Arctics insulation method, Bullfrogs jetpaks and the list goes on and on.

The beauty of it is that every potential consumer has differing opinions of what is important to them. The best story wins is all... ;)

Some couldn't imagine buying a spa that bypasses. Others realize that some spas have better circulation and filtering even with bypass in a 24 hour period but again, it's the brilliance of marketing right! It's no different than the hundreds of Beachcomber spas I sold where the consumer couldn't imagine buying a spa with 3 walls of insulation as opposed to our 4. It's a story and some just tell it better...

What about Arctic's positioning and marketing? One of the best IMO!! They did it different than anyone else and went up against the big boys and it worked. Full insulation? Are you NUTS? What if leaks? How do you get in there to fix it?
Absolutely brilliant marketing and one I wish I came up with.

There's some very good dealers here that have their stories down, no doubt at all. They believe they are the best and that's the way it should be! They bought the manufacturers story no questions and sell it the same way. They are passionate and passion sells. Sales is a transfer of enthusiasm and the rest... well.... how good is your story?

At the end of the day Mr and Mrs potential spa buyer, each spa filters very well, has good insulation properties and therapy. It's a shell of jets with hot water being pushed through it by a pump or 2... the rest.... marketing....

OMG... the secret is out! :o  ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 05:31:30 pm by Steve »

TubsAndCues

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2008, 06:12:04 pm »

The beauty of it is that every potential consumer has differing opinions of what is important to them.

At the end of the day Mr and Mrs potential spa buyer, each spa filters very well, has good insulation properties and therapy.

You're right in that it's what matters most to the customer.  All cars go fast, look nice, are comfortable to sit in, and use gas.  The one you buy is determined by how fast you want to go, how nice you want it to look, how well if fits you and your family and how efficient it is on gas.  If you can find the one that's perfect for you and in your price range, you're golden.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2008, 06:27:59 pm »
Most spas bypass the filter to some degree with the jet pumps on high. A big issue? Not really in the big scheme of things but HS positioned their marketing around no bypass. No different than Beachcomber's "Protec", Arctics insulation method, Bullfrogs jetpaks and the list goes on and on.

The beauty of it is that every potential consumer has differing opinions of what is important to them. The best story wins is all... ;)

Some couldn't imagine buying a spa that bypasses. Others realize that some spas have better circulation and filtering even with bypass in a 24 hour period but again, it's the brilliance of marketing right! It's no different than the hundreds of Beachcomber spas I sold where the consumer couldn't imagine buying a spa with 3 walls of insulation as opposed to our 4. It's a story and some just tell it better...

What about Arctic's positioning and marketing? One of the best IMO!! They did it different than anyone else and went up against the big boys and it worked. Full insulation? Are you NUTS? What if leaks? How do you get in there to fix it?

There's some very good dealers here that have their stories down, no doubt at all. They believe they are the best and that's the way it should be! They bought the manufacturers story no questions and sell it the same way. They are passionate and passion sells. Sales is a transfer of enthusiasm and the rest... well.... how good is your story?

At the end of the day Mr and Mrs potential spa buyer, each spa filters very well, has good insulation properties and therapy. It's a shell of jets with hot water being pushed through it by a pump or 2... the rest.... marketing....

OMG... the secret is out! :o  ;)

Very well said!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2008, 10:41:04 pm »
Are you implying that I was on my soap box while typing that JJ? :o

I thought it was one of my more coherent posts... ;)

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2008, 12:37:43 pm »
Steve,

I agree with your previous post - it's about what matters to the customer.

The one point I have mild dispute with is about Artic's marketing.  They do have a brilliant marketing idea, best use of the thermal pane concept I've seen yet (IMO), and it's working great for them from every piece of info I can find.

The mild dispute is in them coming up with the "anti-leak" marketing first.  Other brands have also done this for quite a while (even our locally made brand here - they're over 20 years old and have never been full foam).  Like the use of synthetic frames, this is the proverbial "chicken and the egg".

They do the BEST job with the marketing.  That shows.

From my research it also looks like they have one of (if not the) best thermal pane designs - no doubt that adds to the success of the marketing (just like HS and the no-bypass design).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:38:17 pm by BauerN »
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Summitman

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2008, 12:44:05 pm »
"The mild dispute is in them coming up with the "anti-leak" marketing first.  Other brands have also done this for quite a while (even our locally made brand here - they're over 20 years old and have never been full foam).  Like the use of synthetic frames, this is the proverbial "chicken and the egg"."

huh?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2008, 12:44:27 pm »
Are you implying that I was on my soap box while typing that JJ? :o

I thought it was one of my more coherent posts... ;)

No it was me on the soap box, in other words, I liked what you had to say!!

Water Boy

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2008, 12:51:24 pm »

The mild dispute is in them coming up with the "anti-leak" marketing first.  Other brands have also done this for quite a while (even our locally made brand here - they're over 20 years old and have never been full foam).  Like the use of synthetic frames, this is the proverbial "chicken and the egg".

quote]

What you talkin about Willis?????
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

BauerN

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2008, 12:56:07 pm »
goarctic,

Not a slam.  If you think so, re-read the post.  My opinion is that Arctic is doing the best job with a concept of selling that existed before Arctic Spas did.

To clarify:  I think Arctic's success is not due to a brand-new idea.  I believe that the success of the thermal pane is more from doing it so effectively, than from coming up with a completely new technology.

"chicken and the egg" - as in which came first.  It's a metaphor for things which are virtually impossible to discern what came first.  Surprised you've never heard that one before, it's "older than dirt".

Hope I didn't offend you.  Nothing negative was meant in my post - more of a "give Arctic credit for more than just marketing".

Water Boy

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2008, 12:56:31 pm »
Arctic Spas have never used a "anti leak" marketing first. I don't even know what you are talking about Bauer??

Summitman

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2008, 12:58:40 pm »
goarctic,

Not a slam.  If you think so, re-read the post.  My opinion is that Arctic is doing the best job with a concept of selling that existed before Arctic Spas did.

To clarify:  I think Arctic's success is not due to a brand-new idea.  I believe that the success of the thermal pane is more from doing it so effectively, than from coming up with a completely new technology.

"chicken and the egg" - as in which came first.  It's a metaphor for things which are virtually impossible to discern what came first.  Surprised you've never heard that one before, it's "older than dirt".

Hope I didn't offend you.  Nothing negative was meant in my post - more of a "give Arctic credit for more than just marketing".

No problem just looking for a little clarification is all.  I appreciate the response.

BauerN

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2008, 01:02:07 pm »

Guys,

Easy, it was just a response to this portion of this post.

Like I posted before, I think you're success as a brand comes from the product more than the marketing.

If you think I'm wrong about that, feel free to correct me, as I have yet to market or sell Arctic Spas.

Water Boy

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2008, 01:04:47 pm »
No problem Bauer, I see your point now. I wasnt sure what you meant with the antileak thing, but now I do. Thanks for the reply!! :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2008, 01:04:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42