What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salesperson issues...  (Read 53383 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Salesperson issues...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 12:42:21 pm »
How fortuitous...I wear a 13 as well!  I took time out from my busy schedule to take these:

The bigger Limelight Pulse will not have a lounge.  Undoubtedly, the footwell will be more expansive.

I hope these help! :)

Termie
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 12:42:21 pm »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 12:59:09 pm »
How fortuitous...I wear a 13 as well!  I took time out from my busy schedule to take these:

The bigger Limelight Pulse will not have a lounge.  Undoubtedly, the footwell will be more expansive.

Termie

Thanx Term!!  It does help get a perspective.  How much fat bank (sorry-my term for lots of cash) did you say one of these would run fully loaded??  BTW, I then noticed the "limelight spas" topic and read up--and saw more pix--the lights are way--cool [smiley=cool.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]   Throws another spa in the mix.  I am so confused!! :o

thanks again, yinz guys!
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 01:35:37 pm »
Chrisi,
Having just ordered a spa, I remember those days of "input overload".  Keep wet testing and looking though.  Hopefully you will have the "epiphany" day and realize what tub is right for you.  My wife and I did.
Good luck!   8-)
Mike

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 01:44:02 pm »
Still thinking about an Artesian Piper Glen, looks great on the website-but the dealer is 80 miles away, and hubster called and they rarely sell the PG as it is a deeply rural and mountainous area and the clientele have fewer bucks to spend.  And, at >$3.20 per gallon of gas, I don't know if I want to drive my Dodge up there.

OK, I just gotta ask. Rural area I can understand. But a mountainous area within 80 miles of anywhere in Florida, much less the Orlando/Tampa/Clearwater area?

Say what? I must be missing something...

In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

tanstaafl2

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 01:47:47 pm »

(ps--we are in the Pgh area)

Ah ha! That explains it. Along with the "yinz".

How did Clearwater/Orlando get in there???? Obviously I missed something...
 :-/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 01:48:19 pm by tanstaafl2 »

tanstaafl2

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 01:50:13 pm »

Termie

Man, them is some gnarly lookin' toes you got there! You still got the creeping crud from last year?

wewannahottub

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 02:01:13 pm »

Ah ha! That explains it. Along with the "yinz".

How did Clearwater/Orlando get in there???? Obviously I missed something...
 :-/

I thought throwin' a "yinz" in there would be a hint!!  All I need to do is throw in some Go Steelers/Penguins comments and it would really be obvious!! lol  ;D

TO answer your question about Clearwater--there is a spa made by Clearwater named the Orlando.  Seems not too many peeps on this forum have heard much about it.  Just checking online sites, spasearch.org lists it as a recommended spa, with a 20 year warranty on the shell/shel surface and 5yr on pumps.  Lots of bling, but lots of fat bank.  http://www.clearwaterspas.com under "resort series" Orlando is the first to pop up.  They also made a new round tub caled the Monte Carlo, should've just named it the Money Carlo.  Has 2 seats with full massage therapy.  That should answer your questions!!

PS, We stopped at Pool City where they sell Sundance, Cal and VIking, among others, and they keep telling us that Ben Roethlisberger the Big one from Sundance (is it the Maxxus, magnus, whatev)  Yeah, if I made his cash-I would too!!

solo

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 02:02:23 pm »
The best advice I can give you is:

1.  Take your time and don't be pressured.  Most prices that are good today are also good tomorrow.  The hot tub dealers in my area are almost  always running "specials".  

2.  Wet test, wet test, wet test.  Don't buy a tub you haven't tried out.  It is important to sit in the exact make and model you want to buy as different tubs from the same manufacturer feel different.

3.  Never take the sales person first offer.  You won't get the best offer until at least the 3rd offer.  It's a big game.  

4.  Don't tell your sales person how much you want to spend.  You'll never get him a penny lower on the price than that number.  Or tell him $1500 less than what you can actually afford.  

5.  Find a few different tubs that you want to buy.  If the sales person thinks that you onlyh want his tub, he isn't willing to bargain as much if he has competition.

6.  Did I say wet test?  The wet test is all that matters.  Don't be sold on the bells and whistles.  All hot tubs filter and clean the water.  You can get caught up in a lot of stuff that ultimately is just window dressing.  Buy the tub that feels the best to you when you sit in it.  

wewannahottub

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 02:12:24 pm »
The best advice I can give you is:

1.  Take your time and don't be pressured.  Most prices that are good today are also good tomorrow.  The hot tub dealers in my area are almost  always running "specials".  

2.  Wet test, wet test, wet test.  Don't buy a tub you haven't tried out.  It is important to sit in the exact make and model you want to buy as different tubs from the same manufacturer feel different.

3.  Never take the sales person first offer.  You won't get the best offer until at least the 3rd offer.  It's a big game.  

4.  Don't tell your sales person how much you want to spend.  You'll never get him a penny lower on the price than that number.  Or tell him $1500 less than what you can actually afford.  

5.  Find a few different tubs that you want to buy.  If the sales person thinks that you onlyh want his tub, he isn't willing to bargain as much if he has competition.

6.  Did I say wet test?  The wet test is all that matters.  Don't be sold on the bells and whistles.  All hot tubs filter and clean the water.  You can get caught up in a lot of stuff that ultimately is just window dressing.  Buy the tub that feels the best to you when you sit in it.  

Oh, we plan on wet testing.  Just trying to fit it all  in our schedules.  (Irotate shifts).  That is the funny thing about the Clearwater dealer==we wanted to wet test the actual spa we want, but instead we got an excuse and a "hey, come on  and test the filled similar--but not the same---tub", which, for shits and giggles, we did, but it was a lounger.  Again, not looking for a lounger!!  So, that makes me think this dealer wants to do the "bare minimum" (or Safe Auto as I call it ;)) to sell us a thirteen freakin' thousand dollar spa!!  No go. :o :question.  

Still looking, yinz!! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

PS  GO STILLERS!! (PGH STYLE)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 02:13:56 pm by wewannahottub »

wewannahottub

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 02:15:27 pm »
Chrisi,
Having just ordered a spa, I remember those days of "input overload".  Keep wet testing and looking though.  Hopefully you will have the "epiphany" day and realize what tub is right for you.  My wife and I did.
Good luck!   8-)

What tub did you buy?  (I haven't gotten through the hundreds of pages of topics yet)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 02:22:48 pm »
Man, them is some gnarly lookin' toes you got there! You still got the creeping crud from last year?

My Tabi boots that I wear for wall climbing at Ninjitsu class funk up my toeses.  They look pretty bad, but it's mostly just dirt.

Termjitsu

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 02:39:12 pm »

What tub did you buy?  (I haven't gotten through the hundreds of pages of topics yet)

Marquis Epic
Mike

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 02:52:44 pm »
We just got our Limelight on the floor.  We've got it filled but it isn't hot yet.  I plan to wet test it tonight or tomorrow.

wewannahottub

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 03:27:10 pm »
Hey all, I had a PM from Jacuzzi Jim about the J470 and 480.  Any other Jacuzzi peeps out there with unbiased opinions?  These look nice... :-/  Are they expensive??

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 03:52:39 pm »
Hey all, I had a PM from Jacuzzi Jim about the J470 and 480.  Any other Jacuzzi peeps out there with unbiased opinions?  These look nice... :-/  Are they expensive??

PLEASE tell me JJ didn't try to sell you a spa through the backdoor! ;D

You're out of his territory!

Have any other new forum members been approached this way?  I always thought this was kinda frowned upon.

Termie
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:58:26 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 03:52:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42