What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera v.s. Sunbelt  (Read 14345 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: Caldera v.s. Sunbelt
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 09:32:38 am »
Thnaks Russ, I had posted the same question in other threads as well.  That is what we thought, but since 2008's have come out, we were hoping some different models/choices/upgrades did as well.  Is your tub an '07 or '08??  We ned the bigger Niagara, as well.

Thx again
Chrisi :)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 09:32:38 am »

RK23

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 10:16:52 am »
My Niagara is a 2007.  I can't speak to whether anything has changed for 2008.

wewannahottub

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 10:31:33 am »
Having since looked again at the caldera site, the only other spas in their line are the C45S and C30S, which have stereos, but that must be it. :(  

and the search and debate goes on....

RK23

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 10:45:31 am »
Chrisi,

How critical is the stereo in your mind?  

And I think it's pretty funny, when we were searching, it came down to the Caldera Niagara and the Artesian Piper Glen (2 of your favs).  And we went with the Caldera because the dealer was closer.  Pretty ironic, eh?

-Russ

wewannahottub

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 10:59:12 am »
I recently talked with an Artesian dealer, who was, like, "What the hell you want a stereo for???"  This guy is 3 hours away, and has a PG on the floor.  We want a stereo, in the spa, so we don't have to get out and change stations, or get shocked on a "boombox" like this guy suggested.  Yes, to answer everyones question about a home stereo, we have an awesome Pioneer Elite with massive Cerwin Vega speakers (I am sure that will lead to another forum) but it is stupid, IMHO, to try to run wires to teeny little "outdoor rock" speakers.  And then, I know the remote (not waterproof) won't even reach.

So,.... aside from that , the Niagara just doesn't meet what we are looking for jet wise as well--lots of leg and foot action!!

On of my other faves--the Clearwater Orlando--which is what started  my "Salesperson issues" thread, and the Arctic Tundra, which I have yet to see in person.  I am sure it will be out of my league, price wise.  Hubby is eyeing up the JQZ J470, since it has the footwell jets.

and the drama continues... :( ::)

Chrisi

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 11:26:04 am »
Hi all!

SInce we are on the subjects of Calderas, I have a question.  When on the website, it seems ONLY the Aquatic Melodies series has the only 2 models available with a stereo.  Which, IMO, doesn't leave much options on other models, and you are limited to just those 2.  Can a Caldera dealer/rep please verify or clarify for me??  I wold be interested in the Niagara.  

WWHT
Chrisi,

You can get music on all Caldera Spas.  It is a new option for 2008, and dealers may not be aware of it.  http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/accessories_spa_music.html
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wewannahottub

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 11:59:28 am »
It has been a while since we chatted with our Caldera guy, it may warrant a visit again, I think he was talking about that option coming soon way back then, just can't decide if Caldera is what I really want, seat and jet action wise.

Vanguard

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 01:06:05 pm »
The stereo option was a recent announcement.  You can also now get a remote control for Caldera Spas.  Both the remote and the stereo are available on Hot Spring as well.  They are just re-labeled for Caldera.

I heard the stereo in Atlantic City at the show, it sounded really nice.  The speakers fold down nearly flush and point away from the spa for use when you are not in the spa.  Then, when you are in the spa, they fold up to point into the spa.    These speakers are much better than the original speakers that came out with Hot Spring.

http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/accessories_spa_music.html

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 01:10:53 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

RK23

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 01:44:22 pm »
Is it safe to assume this can work with Caldera spas made prior to 2008?  Does anyone know the cost of the wireless Caldera system?

Also, how would it hold up to a New England winter?

wewannahottub

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 02:40:32 pm »
RK23--having recently gotten off the phone with our Caldera dealer, he said the new stereo option is an aftermarket wireless set up with 2 hang on speakers.  It would seem to me that it could be purchased.

Still, not feeling much more than lukewarm about HS and Caldera.  And, Sundance doesn't fit us well.   :(

back to searching...

RK23

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 05:12:46 pm »
Have you located the closest Arctic dealer?

wewannahottub

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 06:24:51 pm »

For us, it is about 30 min. away, which most of the dealers we have visited have been about the same.  Interestingly,  it is also along the same route as  the Caldera/Coleman, Sundance/Cal Spas/Viking, and Clearwater/raindance/and whatever else they carry dealers.  The Arctic dealer also sells Dynasty, which is another one we are interested in.  Large, with nice neck jets, and cool lighted jets.  I may be able to kill to birds with one stone--Arctic and Dynasty in one place.  The Caldera/Coleman guy used to sell Artesian--hubby is interested in Piper Glen, but they stopped carrying for "personal reasons" related to business dealings with the manufacturer, not the product itself.  Seems I have heard that on this forum befor--Swell tub had a dealer in Vegas, that stopped carrying that line for similiar reasons, I believe.

How about you--any luck with your choices--Caldera vs Piper??

Chrisi

wewannahottub

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 06:54:32 pm »
Chrisi,

You can get music on all Caldera Spas.  It is a new option for 2008, and dealers may not be aware of it.  http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/accessories_spa_music.html

HTD--I was trying to reply to your PM--but kept getting an error message.  SOrry.

wewannahottub

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 06:56:35 pm »
 BTW--if you meant Artesian, we're talking about 3 hours away, and the guy already told us a service charge would be AT LEAST $150!!  Too many expenses to deal with.  If I would be willing to travel 3 hors to buy a product, there better be a service plan to back it up!!

WWHT

Vanguard

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 08:29:55 pm »
RK23--having recently gotten off the phone with our Caldera dealer, he said the new stereo option is an aftermarket wireless set up with 2 hang on speakers.  It would seem to me that it could be purchased.

Still, not feeling much more than lukewarm about HS and Caldera.  And, Sundance doesn't fit us well.   :(

back to searching...

I'm just curious why you are "lukewarm" towards Hot Spring and Caldera.  I'm sure you've wet tested both, is that the reason?  I have always found my Vanguard to be comfortable and have more than enough power for my 230 lb frame.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 08:29:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42