What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers- What are your Spa's 2008 Warranty?  (Read 49004 times)

Pathfinder

Re: Dealers- What are your Spa's 2008 Warranty?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 09:01:17 pm »
Arctic must be doing real well since the inception of the new Mexican labor force its bringing in.  Are these new employees getting paid around $18 per hour or Canadian minimum wage.  Sorry to go off topic  but the door opened when large profits were emntioned. mentioned

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 09:01:17 pm »

Summitman

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 09:19:58 pm »
Arctic must be doing real well since the inception of the new Mexican labor force its bringing in.  Are these new employees getting paid around $18 per hour or Canadian minimum wage.  Sorry to go off topic  but the door opened when large profits were emntioned. mentioned

So, you have a problem with mexicans???  Seems like an awful bold statement to me, for a world thats supposed to be in the 21st century.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 09:29:36 pm »

I didn't know Canada had such a high minimum wage.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Pathfinder

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 10:10:03 pm »
I dont have any issues with Mexicans  I will take an issue of exploitation for capital gain if it happens.  Some companies in Northern Alberta claim Labor shortages as a simple result of not wanting to pay wages. The economy is booming in that area and a multitude of people have ended up working for the oil & energy companies in related areas  for great pay.  So when companies that need a labor force cant find anyone in Northern Alberta its simply because the pay isnt competitive.

That is the main reason I bring the previous question up. If Arctic is making record profits they should have no problem paying top wage then???
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:11:21 pm by Pathfinder »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 10:17:40 pm »
Just for shitz & giggles, it would be interesting to know if any of these warranties are transferrable to a new owner if the spa is sold to a second owner?

Good point.  I'll keep reading.
 :)
wwht
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 10:24:18 pm »
7 years? Lifetime?

In the US the courts have already ruled that "lifetime" equates to 7 years.

As for separate surface AND structural warranties, this has pretty much been an industry standard from the beginning.

"Manufacturers defects"............... A number of years ago there was an ozonator manufacturer, and ALL their ozonators failed in just under a year. They had their attorney send out letters saying they weren't covered under warranty as the reason for failure was NOT a manufacturing defect, but was in fact a DESIGN defect (the part that was failing simply couldn't withstand the ozone concentration is was being subjected to)...... Soon after, their phone number was dissconnected and they became unreachable..

Hey, would that be the same "design defect" that blew up the Challenger, or more like a "wardrobe malfunction"??

Pathfinder

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 10:25:18 pm »
If Marquis dropped the transfer program then that only leaves one

I guess Keith Scott knows something the rest dont...

wewannahottub

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 10:29:26 pm »

I didn't know Canada had such a high minimum wage.

Yeah!!  I wonder what they pay a good ICU nurse!! :D

WWHT

Pathfinder

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 11:04:03 pm »

Yeah!!  I wonder what they pay a good ICU nurse!! :D

WWHT

I believe its around $33 or more per hour   The Minimum wage will be at $10 per in 2 yrs
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:05:17 pm by Pathfinder »

wewannahottub

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 11:13:48 pm »
Shoot!!  It has taken so long for me to get to the >$25 I make.  I wonder what staffing patterns they have.  ANy Canadian Nurses out there--I know I am getting way off track.  But, like you guys sellin' tubs, I am passionate about my career.  But the health care system is different.  

But, like my signature says--the grass is always greener because the bulls**t is better!!!

But, If I ever decide on a career change--maybe it won't be the Wal Mart Greeter! :) [smiley=happy.gif]

WWHT

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 01:17:08 pm »
Just for shitz & giggles, it would be interesting to know if any of these warranties are transferrable to a new owner if the spa is sold to a second owner?

Good point.  I'll keep reading.
 :)
wwht

WWHT,

Here's what MS offers re: transfer of warranty:

"Master Spas allows the
plumbing and equipment warranty to be
transferred to a successor owner of the
premises where the spa was originally
installed during the normal warranty
period.An Ownership Warranty Transfer
form must be completed. This form is
available through Master Spas. This
limited warranty shall become void if the
spa is moved to a subsequence premises."

So, if you sell your home and not take your spa, the balance of the warranty could be transferred to a subsequent owner.  8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 01:35:09 pm »
 The only issue I have with a transferable warranty is,  What the heck do I care if its transferable, I am getting rid of it, selling the house, died what ever.  Guess if I were giving it to my kid, but wondering how often would that really happens within a 5 year period, if that was the warranty's life?  My son is only 7 and I am not going to give him my spa when he turns 12 and the warranty would be up anyway.

Marquis dealers how many times did/does this happen?? Mendo?

wewannahottub

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 02:03:42 pm »
JJ

I guess if you're selling your home or spa, it makes it more "sellable", like buying a 3 yr old used car.  

WWHT

wewannahottub

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 02:07:43 pm »

. This
limited warranty shall become void if the
spa is moved to a subsequence premises."

So, if you sell your home and not take your spa, the balance of the warranty could be transferred to a subsequent owner.  8-)

Oh!

I re-read it.  I wonder if this applies to most spa manufacturers, or do no other manuf. offer transferable warranties?  (if it is already in this threas, I missed it--I just woke up) [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

WWHT

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 02:42:10 pm »

Oh!

I re-read it.  I wonder if this applies to most spa manufacturers, or do no other manuf. offer transferable warranties?  (if it is already in this threas, I missed it--I just woke up) [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

WWHT

That is unique to Master. It'll transfer if someone is selling their house and the spa with it. The way Marquis did it had more value because it didn't matter if the spa was moved. It does a small amount of value to spas that are only a few years old but they really have it in place because they know that this situation will occur very rarely (spa still in warranty, sold as used but staying in the same location) so its a slick move to add a little Marketing value with very little risk (I'm not knocking them for it, its better than no transfer at all). Personally it’s still not a brand I'd be interested in but for those rare occasions when someone is purchasing a home with a fairly new one already there it’s a plus if the spa is properly priced.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 02:42:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42