What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers- What are your Spa's 2008 Warranty?  (Read 49015 times)

Water Boy

Re: Dealers- What are your Spa's 2008 Warranty?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 06:15:02 pm »
I'll try to make it clear for you dipstick. You have an acrylic surface with a fiberglass backing. The acrylic surface is warrantied for 5 years. The fiberglass is warrantied for a lifetime. Does that make it better for ya?

How is that differnent then the Jacuzzi warranty, other than the shell is warrantied for 10 years.

Not so sure that was a good idea Bonibelle. The wolves are starting to come out. ::)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 06:19:11 pm by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 06:15:02 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 06:19:42 pm »
How is that differnent the the Jacuzzi warranty, other than the shell is warrantied for 10 years.

The Jacuzzi's is twice as long? :-X

Term
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 06:19:59 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Water Boy

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 06:20:33 pm »

The Jacuzzi's is twice as long? :-X

Term

Huh??? :-?

Water Boy

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 06:21:38 pm »
10 year shell
  7  year shell structure
 5 year equipment
 5 year plumbing
 2 year pretty much everything else

How is that twice as long, or am I missing something here??

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 06:24:57 pm »
Not so sure that was a good idea Bonibelle. The wolves are starting to come out. ::)

You may need to call these guys...

Dipstick

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 06:25:49 pm »
I did not mean to single out Artic, there are many companies out there that do this.

I have nothing against Artic, I think they make a fine tub, I have just encountered the scenario with a cracked spa and the customer thinks they have a lifetime warranty.

Most of the upper tier manufactures basically have the same warranty, the real questions is how well the manufactures facilitates it and how much do they use the exclusions part of their warranty.

If a warranty states "MANUFACTURES DEFECTS" then pretty much after the first year you could get out of paying warranty. Most manufactures defects happen early in the life of a product, most stuff that happens after the first year is typically caused by the consumer.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 06:26:39 pm »
How is that twice as long, or am I missing something here??

I was referring to the shell warranty, as I thought you were. :-[

And don't call me dipstick!

Termstick

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 06:36:22 pm »
I've had a lot of fun with ya'll today, but I'm taking my family to Papacita's for some good ol' Tex Mex!  Ya'll behave and be kind to one another, not like ravenous wolves or the Bear Cavalry will chew your ass up!

Termacito

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 07:07:41 pm »
7 years? Lifetime?

In the US the courts have already ruled that "lifetime" equates to 7 years.

As for separate surface AND structural warranties, this has pretty much been an industry standard from the beginning.

"Manufacturers defects"............... A number of years ago there was an ozonator manufacturer, and ALL their ozonators failed in just under a year. They had their attorney send out letters saying they weren't covered under warranty as the reason for failure was NOT a manufacturing defect, but was in fact a DESIGN defect (the part that was failing simply couldn't withstand the ozone concentration is was being subjected to)...... Soon after, their phone number was dissconnected and they became unreachable..
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 07:09:58 pm »
 10 year shell structure- Jacuzzi spas are warranted against water loss due to defects in the spa shell for 10 years from date of purchase

7 years shell surface- Jacuzzi spas are warranted against blistering,cracking, or delaminating of the interior surface of the spa shell from date of purchase.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 07:24:12 pm »
10 year shell structure- Jacuzzi spas are warranted against water loss due to defects in the spa shell for 10 years from date of purchase

7 years shell surface- Jacuzzi spas are warranted against blistering,cracking, or delaminating of the interior surface of the spa shell from date of purchase.

So in summary one warranty covers 7 years on the acrylic/10 on the fiberglass and the other covers 5 on the acrylic/lifetime on the fiberglass (ignoring Dr. Spa's point about "lifetime"). I'd prefer the longer coverage on the acrylic where you're much more apt to have an issue if anything arises but at the same time I would not buy one over the other based on this.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:25:11 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Summitman

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 07:41:09 pm »

Oh...did not know.  Sorry. :-[

The genius of the Arctic Warranty is encapsulated below for those that dare to "read betwixt the lines"...

I say kudos to them...it is a very strategic marketing plan and I would imagine it is difficult to compete against if presented properly. :)

Terminator

Sorry it took so long to get back to you Term, busy selling spas this afternoon.  Actually sold one of those darn LSE's a few minutes ago.  Since you like taking my points from one thread to the next, Ill explain those comments.  Since someone was trying to say that Arctics 10 year warranty would take them to the woodshed, and bite them in the rearend in the longrun, I wanted to point out that Arctic was actually doing quite well in the biz and to not second guess the strategy.  Making money is the key, and if Arctic is showing large profits then its hard to blame em.  We dont really want to start pointing fingers on what manufacturers posted LARGE losses in profits in 2007. Trust me.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 07:56:51 pm »

Sorry it took so long to get back to you Term, busy selling spas this afternoon.  Actually sold one of those darn LSE's a few minutes ago.  Since you like taking my points from one thread to the next, Ill explain those comments.  Since someone was trying to say that Arctics 10 year warranty would take them to the woodshed, and bite them in the rearend in the longrun, I wanted to point out that Arctic was actually doing quite well in the biz and to not second guess the strategy.  Making money is the key, and if Arctic is showing large profits then its hard to blame em.  We dont really want to start pointing fingers on what manufacturers posted LARGE losses in profits in 2007. Trust me.

That "someone" was me, and you are misrepresenting what I said.  I was curious about stats years 6-10.  Sure I predicted the possibility of it biting them in the butt in the long run, especially if there is no vender support.  It was stated this warranty has been in existence since 2002, so there would be no stats for years 6-10.  Now you say Arctic was "doing quite well in the biz" and "Arctic is showing large profits".  How do you, as a dealer, know how well they are doing?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Summitman

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 08:27:12 pm »

That "someone" was me, and you are misrepresenting what I said.  I was curious about stats years 6-10.  Sure I predicted the possibility of it biting them in the butt in the long run, especially if there is no vender support.  It was stated this warranty has been in existence since 2002, so there would be no stats for years 6-10.  Now you say Arctic was "doing quite well in the biz" and "Arctic is showing large profits".  How do you, as a dealer, know how well they are doing?

So technically I wasnt misrepresenting what you said, cause you are concerned about it biting them in the long run.  Arctic is doing well, because quite frankly they are one of the few manufacturer that saw a increase in production in 2007.  They consistently receive awards yearly for being one of the top manufacturers in Canada as well.  Not trying to toot the horn here you guys are the ones who keep bringing up possible negative aspects to their brilliant warranty.  Just defending thats all.  Now back to what this thread is intended for and everyone stating their warranties for the consumers.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 08:54:04 pm »
Making money is the key,

Amen!  I've been touting that since I've first started posting here.  Capitalism is KING!

and if Arctic is showing large profits then its hard to blame em.

Who do you feel on this forum is blaming them?  We're ALL in business to make money.:-?

We dont really want to start pointing fingers on what manufacturers posted LARGE losses in profits in 2007. Trust me.

Why not?  I think it would be interesting reading.  Are you referring to Jacuzzi/Sundance, Marquis, D-1, Artesian, Maax/Coleman, Watkins, Thermospa?

If you have information, I think it would be great to post it.  People appreciate honesty, candor and forthrightness as opposed to veiled insinuations.  If I had the figures, I'd probably post it.  I did something similiar before and ruffled a few feathers.  Most people appreciated it.

For the record, I offered my sincere "props" on a pretty sharp idea regarding ya'lls warranty:  load it up on the front end by having the customer pay more money to cover any potential problems down the road.  Nothing wrong about that at all and I don't think anyone is criticizing it.  I'm just pointing out the "maybe not so obvious" to folks.  I think it's a smart move.  It just is what it is.

Term
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 08:56:15 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 08:54:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42