What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hard Workin' Spa Monkey  (Read 40770 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Hard Workin' Spa Monkey
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 04:41:33 pm »
Hmmmmm......a lady just called me, asked "Is this Termie?  Well this is So and So.  You know how you're always telling me I can come up to your store and get in the spa and drink wine?  Well, me and 3 other girls are wanting to come up there and do that."

Me:  "Sure!  When are you talking about?"

So and So:  "Not today...I've got to talk to everyone and find out when is a good time."

Me:  "OK, just call and let me know when you're coming."

So and So:  "Thank's a lot...you are so sweet!"

Now, I'm sitting here trying to figure out just who the heck I was talking to.  The caller ID showed a number from one of the local banks, and I have my suspicions as to who it was.

Ought to be interesting.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 04:41:33 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 05:18:17 pm »
KEEP THE CAMERAS SET UP!

Finally got it working. Firefox don't like it, but IE does (once waiting 5 minutes for it to load).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 05:56:51 pm »
Hmmmmm......a lady just called me, asked "Is this Termie?  Well this is So and So.  You know how you're always telling me I can come up to your store and get in the spa and drink wine?  Well, me and 3 other girls are wanting to come up there and do that." ......

That sounds like quite an interesting world your live in!  
Do you think its the TEXAS or the TERM that makes stuff like that happen?   ;D :D ;D
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 06:19:10 pm »
That sounds like quite an interesting world your live in!  
Do you think its the TEXAS or the TERM that makes stuff like that happen?   ;D :D ;D

It really is somewhat unsettling at times.  I'm a moderately paranoid individual anyways who would rather come out shooting and ask questions later.  I don't know how many times I've almost shot our delivery guys.  They like to try and sneak past the cameras early in the morning and usually find themselves with a .45 barrel pressed up against their nose.  It's kinda like Inspector Clouseau and his manservant the way we bushwack one another.

I've put my powers of deduction to the test and believe I have my finger on the mystery caller.  I think it is a woman I went to high school with that I see around town.  Her husband is a friend of mine as well.  They have been interested in a hot tub for several years and I'm always encouraging them come try them out.  I guess she and her friends are going to take me up on it.

Term
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:24:41 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Webini

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 07:20:20 pm »
KEEP THE CAMERAS SET UP!

Finally got it working. Firefox don't like it, but IE does (once waiting 5 minutes for it to load).

It won't work with Firefox since the application uses an Activex control (they only work in evil IE)

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 07:24:01 pm »
Well, it's awful thoughtful of you to have gotten them cameras hooked up for us.  
Give us a heads-up when the mystery ladies will be arriving.  
I'm keeping a bottle of wine chillin' on my end.  
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Doobiewah

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 09:13:18 am »
I was expecting special Christmas Elves.... 8-)

When do they arrive???

The Doob

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 10:05:55 am »
I was expecting special Christmas Elves.... 8-)

When do they arrive???

The Doob

Funny you should ask that.  I'm taking the next 2 days off to take Ol' Meanness for sonograms and other wasted doctor visits.  In my stead will be my own little underling, the fiery redhead Amy.

Ya'll please keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't spend all day in the tubs as she is apt to do.  Thank ya'll.

Term

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 01:34:24 pm »
Some guy in a hat is shop lifting!............... rats, the camera changed
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 12:47:12 am »
Very Cool Term. Is there a way to lock down one camera so it doesn't keep changing? This will be nice the next time you have a party or when the Bank Teller comes in with her friends....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 01:50:17 am »
Ya know...it's not even midnight yet and no one is working? Wus up wid dat?

Cool feature Term. I'll wave atcha tomorrow... :D

Steve

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 04:55:20 pm »
Ding danged cameras!

My boss popped over around noon for an inpromptu meeting, so I busted out a bottle of wine.  I had taken the cameras off line because it slows down the internet connection here at the store.  Sure enough, this good lookin' woman came in to look at a Solana TX and I just knew Dr. Spa was pointin' and clickin' his fingers raw to capture a still shot.  Then I came back in here and saw that the cable was unplugged and I wept.

Anyways, Gomboman, yes...I can set the camera on just one frame or can have them rotate.  I was disappointed in the quality of the picture when I remotely viewed from home, so I am going to see about upgrading to a faster server.  The picture flows very smoothly here on the store's computer, but was very herky-jerky and pixilated on my home computer (which is 4 or 5 years old which may be the problem).

Anyways, the camera is running again if anyone cares.

Term

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 05:10:23 pm »
Ding danged cameras!

My boss popped over around noon for an inpromptu meeting, so I busted out a bottle of wine.  I had taken the cameras off line because it slows down the internet connection here at the store.  Sure enough, this good lookin' woman came in to look at a Solana TX and I just knew Dr. Spa was pointin' and clickin' his fingers raw to capture a still shot.  Then I came back in here and saw that the cable was unplugged and I wept.

Anyways, Gomboman, yes...I can set the camera on just one frame or can have them rotate.  I was disappointed in the quality of the picture when I remotely viewed from home, so I am going to see about upgrading to a faster server.  The picture flows very smoothly here on the store's computer, but was very herky-jerky and pixilated on my home computer (which is 4 or 5 years old which may be the problem).

Anyways, the camera is running again if anyone cares.

Nice job with the cameras. one question since the cameras are working does that mean no one else has to or do you close early on Fridays?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 05:40:38 pm »
Nice job with the cameras. one question since the cameras are working does that mean no one else has to or do you close early on Fridays?

Oh ho ho...wanting to know my precise times and movements, eh?  I hope you're not seriously contemplating a little B&E excursion during the time you THINK I'm not here.  I figured there would be 1 or 2 criminally inclined forum members that might exploit the situation, but I never thought it would be you!

I have the entire perimeter interlaced with trip wires, flash bang grenades, and armed robotic sentinels that were designed by James Cameron...so please reconsider...for your own sake. ;)

Actually, I work Tuesday thru Saturday and get Sunday and Monday off.  I am here most of the time because I can take it easy here.  Can't do that at home.

Term

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 06:00:56 pm »
"I am here most of the time because I can take it easy here.  Can't do that at home"

I can't tell you how many guys I know that would rather be at work than
at home to avoid "honey dews", whining, and to get some peace and quiet

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 06:00:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42