What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally pulled the trigger!  (Read 6086 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Finally pulled the trigger!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 05:12:40 pm »
mmmmm got me thinkin' the Epic might just be an Irishman's tub ::) ;)

Happy St. Patrick's Day Parrot  :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 05:12:40 pm »

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 02:14:11 pm »
Thanks Bonibelle!   :-*
Mike

Tailhooker

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 12:01:27 am »
Well, after months of hearing me rack my brain, I finally did it!  Today, my wife and I order a 2008 Marquis Epic -- Cedar Durawood cabinet and Almond Pearl shell, with the Constellation lighting.  Landscaping work is scheduled for the second week in April, and I should be soaking within a month!  Finally!!!!!   ;D
Parrot, if you were to sum it all up how would you have ranked your wet tests and maybe why if its not too much trouble.  Obviously  the Marquis Epic being the #1.  

Dave
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 12:02:00 am by Tailhooker »

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 12:32:38 am »
Sure, Tailhooker.
#1 (For both me and my wife) was the Epic.
#2 for me was Jacuzzi J480
#2 for my wife was HS Grandee
Flip-flop the above two for our #3's.
Those were obvious to us.  After that, it's hard to say.  No tub "wowed" me.  Talked to some nice dealers, though.  1,2 & 3 were all about how the tubs felt to us when we wet tested.  I needed good neck jets.  My wife likes variety of therapy and foot jets.
If forced to, I'd probably say I liked Artesian #4 -- Tested Grand Bahama & Piper Glen.  PG was a gorgeous tub and I liked the idea of a separate pump for each seat.  But I gotta' say -- for a lot less money, the Island Series Grand Bahama was right up there with the therapy.  I didn't care for the lounger, so I would have gone Grand Cayman if I was going to buy.
Sundance Maxxus & Optima #5.  Although, my wife hated them -- said the jets stung her -- even turned down.
Caldera #6 -- I think we tested the Tahitian.
Probably D1 #7.  We wet tested a Chairman II & Amore' Bay.  Didn't like the diverters on the CH2 -- very hard to turn while the pumps were on -- but the dynamic sequencer was kinda' cool.  Liked the 2 captains' chairs on the Amore' Bay -- cool water features, but the barrier free part of the tub was lame, I thought.  Cool party tub, though.  And very pretty.
Last, I'd say Cal Spa -- can't remember what model I tested, but it was back-to-back with the Jacuzzi & Sundance, and didn't feel in the same league at all.
Hope that helps!
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 12:32:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42