What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring changing the rules again!  (Read 27011 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Hotspring changing the rules again!
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2008, 12:16:48 pm »
Go back and read what has been posted. A cheaper way to build a spa and it is suggested they are thinking of using Metal/TP. I never thought Watkins was actually at looking at Master to learn how to do this. If you go and read all along what I have said, my simple point was that if Watkins does want to build a lower priced spa and they are considering using this method it is interesting because for a long time the debate has been that using metal/tp was a cheaper way to build. It would certainly be strange that in thier desire to build a lower priced line the structure would actually cost more. No not in the real world, it would not happen. It may not happen anyway as it appears to be things they are considering. As for this whole Master discussion the only person (Windsurfdog) could have read this thread and (prior to Windsurf dog taking his typical shot at me) come with the impression that I was bashing Master. They certainly could have after... :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:01:16 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2008, 12:16:48 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2008, 12:21:41 pm »
For Ya'lls Information off the BBB website:

Name: Master Spas, Inc.

SPECIAL NOTE: According to information provided to the BBB by Master Spas, this company's former checking account has been compromised. International Lottery scammers are falsely sending letters enclosing a check that appears to come from this company. The company confirms that it has nothing to do with this scheme. The ploy actually is part of a counterfeit check scheme in the guise of a lottery winnings notification.

Don't fall for scams!

Terminator

Term, please help me understand what this report by MS to BBB has to do with this discussion.  Are you trying to associate MS with the scam that they themselves have reported?  Please help me understand your inference.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2008, 12:29:44 pm »
For all readers of this thread,

I apologize for posting 1 simple 1 sentence observation (Mendo's saddle burr) in my 1st post.  That would have been the end of it had it not been proven true.

Please note who is calling who a liar without substantiation.  Please note who is resorting to adolescent debate tactics.

My apologies for the left turn.  Back on topic.

No the burr in my saddle is you. What gives you the right to come and take a shot at me. You than go on to make other personal statements about me and after doing so I respond and you accuse me of 2nd grade name calling ( see hypocrite ). Stating that I find you to be a complete and total hypocrite is not name calling it is reference to your character and who you are. I think the above post simply demonstrates more of this example from you. You hold others (me) to different level of accountability than what you hold yourself to. I made reference in my post that the debate over which was a cheaper way to build has been kicked around with many, including master apologists. You come here and twist that into something its not. Go back and read very slowly it is clear that all I said was it was interesting as this would support those who have said tp/metal was a cheaper way to build.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 10:35:32 pm by Mendocino101 »

windsurfdog

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2008, 12:31:27 pm »
As for this whole Master discussion there is only one person who can have read this thread and prior to Windsurf dog taking his typical shot at me come with the impression that I was bashing Master. They certainly could have after... :)

"Master apologist"...hmmm...ok, you've got a funny way of not bashing.  Please accept my "apology" for even thinking that you might have been bashing MS with that comment...I stand corrected...I guess...

Oh, and if casually mentioning the burr under your saddle is taking a shot at you, then I guess I'm guilty of that also.  You seem to be pretty sensitive about all of this.  Maybe the duck's back approach would be better...
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

windsurfdog

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2008, 12:34:05 pm »

No the burr in my saddle is you. What gives you the right to come and take a shot at me. You than go on to make other personal statements about me and after doing I respond and you accuse me of 2nd grade name calling ( see hypocrite ). Suggesting that I find you to be a complete and total hypocrite is not name calling it is reference to your character and who you are. I think the above post simply demonstrates more of this example from you. You hold others (me) different level of accountability than what you hold yourself to. I made reference in my post that the debate over which was a cheaper way to build has been kicked around and with master apologists. You come here and twist that into something its not. Go back and read very slowly it is clear that all I said was it was interesting as this would support those who have said tp/metal was a cheaper way to build.

Think "duck's back"...and have a nice soak and fuggetaboutit...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2008, 12:36:21 pm »

"Master apologist"...hmmm...ok, you've got a funny way of not bashing.  Please accept my "apology" for even thinking that you might have been bashing MS with that comment...I stand corrected...I guess...

Oh, and if casually mentioning the burr under your saddle is taking a shot at you, then I guess I'm guilty of that also.  You seem to be pretty sensitive about all of this.  Maybe the duck's back approach would be better...

Apology accepted. I will try the ducks approach and had it been anyone but you it would have been much easier to let it pass.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2008, 12:43:59 pm »
Just to bring this full cirlce below is my post that started this thing and I think it is cystal clear that it was never Master bashing.

Spiderman posted:
"I haven't heard anything about HotSpring building a new spa     I have heard however that Watkins Manufacturing is considering a new line of metal frame TP spa Whatever happens, I have confidence that Watkins knows what they're doing."

And my first post in this discussion:
"If you are at liberty to say. Would this be the same line that has already been mentioned here that is a go for production. Spas with more jets, lights for less dollars. Interesting if it is because it has always been argued by many that it cost more more money to produce a wood frame-full foam spa than a TP and metal frame. Master apologists among others have argued this point."  

Now getting back to the subject. If this line ever does come out and if it is with tp/meatal it will be interesting to see Watkins spin on it, meaning how they produce it that may be different from what others currently do.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:47:56 pm by Mendocino101 »

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2008, 03:19:06 pm »
Just about every spa we take in on trade has a frame that falls apart.  Anytime the wood sits on the ground, there is a very good chance that the wood will rot.  Even pressure treated wood rots.

Sounds like I need to rethink how strong of a mention I give this in a presentation.

Thank you.   :)
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2008, 05:02:06 pm »
[size=14]OK - I can't stand this any longer.

Here is a photo of the spa in question, and a complete explanation of Watkins' thinking regarding the release of this new sp[/size]

[size=9]  {post has been beamed up by the mother ship. Standby for further information as soon as the Kool Aid takes effect.   That is all } [/size]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 05:03:54 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2008, 05:21:41 pm »
 ;D ;D nice one Chas
 ;D ;D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2008, 08:39:14 pm »
I'm back.

I just ordered my first two "Limelight" spas online. Only one model in two colors seems to be available right now, but it is obvious that they are working late tonight in Vista...

My in box is full of letters, spec sheets and announcements.
 8-)

PS - it's FULL FOAM
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 09:28:33 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2008, 08:39:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42