What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Forum oddity  (Read 23143 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Forum oddity
« on: February 07, 2005, 10:25:33 am »
I see that if you put a period (.) in your signature, the grammer police in the forum software requires a space after it. (Like it was the end of a sentence)

Useless fact of the day.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Forum oddity
« on: February 07, 2005, 10:25:33 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Forum oddity
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 10:49:36 am »
Useless fact of the day.

There's always tomorrow!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 11:22:33 am »
and about your signature........ do you really think it possible? Ratings were down last season, and this season, at least in my market, they put it on opposite Stargate SG1...... NOT a wise move if you ask me....... course I watch one and record the other.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 01:40:21 pm »
I believe like the two other remake shows, it took a couple of years to hit its stride. Its just unforunate its on a crap hole of a network. Take away Enterprise and take away UPN. (Please)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 02:20:16 pm »
Enterprise is done, stick a fork in it. There is NOOO saving it. I have always been a big ST fan but had trouble warming up to it though it certainly was more watchable that DS9 but in the end it really never caught on with enough people and I don't think they (or I) saw any way that would change.

I remember when TNG first came on and I was soooo excited being a long time fan of the original. I watched religiously the first 6 or 7 episodes and was frankly disappointed. I took a break and then all of a sudden got back into it and loved it. To this day, I can't seem to stomach any episodes where Riker doesn't have a beard as they just didn't hit their stride that first season IMO. I really liked Voyager though that took a season to really get going. To this day I hate the Nelix character and think they play Janeway up as a bit too tough but I really got into it, maybe more than the average fan as I know to some that was so-so. I especially like any episode with Seven, grrrrrrr. It'll be interesting to see if Enterprise catches on much in syndication and maybe I too will warm up to it more.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 02:26:26 pm »
AGREED! TYhat's only only show worth watching on UPN......... HOWEVER, you do have to give them credit for initially picking up Next Generation when no one else wanted it....... By the way, do you not consider Deep Space 9 a "remake"? I tend to, especially since O' Brien was a part of the Cast.

As far as hitting it's stride...... OMG Enterprise was AWFUL the first yeat. I think Bakula was reading his lines off a teleprompter. I think sometime durring the last season it really got good, and so far this season is fantastic.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

autoplay

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 09:43:12 pm »
System overload <f>  test

autoplay

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 09:43:50 pm »
Hmmm lol,some shells won't allow SYS

autoplay

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 10:10:59 pm »
On an unrelated note,is it possible that this "James" character......is someone posting from a library,in Redwood city?  If using the San Mateo bridge,how far is Hayward from Redwood city?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 11:27:35 pm »
On an unrelated note,is it possible that this "James" character......is someone posting from a library,in Redwood city?  If using the San Mateo bridge,how far is Hayward from Redwood city?

Ifoyu're talking the James on that "other" board.... I traced the IP and it was rather interesting. Turns out it's on of 6 IP's assigned to a retail spa store(s).... 6 or 8 of them. I then did some checking and it turns out the owners husband is a retired DA...... interesting eh?

The San Mateo bridge is the longest bridge in the San Francisco bay area.... Dang low to the water too. 60 MPH on a jet ski at high tide, it's kinda spooky to ride under. Hayward to Redwood City I'd guess is about 15 miles.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 02:03:27 am »
I was born in Redwood city, but didn't go to Hayward till I was in college. So I guess it takes about 20 years to get from   Redwood city to Hayward.
;)

Keep tryin' to find that James guy. He deserves better than he got over there...

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 10:59:26 am »
I believe like the two other remake shows, it took a couple of years to hit its stride. Its just unforunate its on a crap hole of a network. Take away Enterprise and take away UPN. (Please)

At CNN.com today:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/16/tv.startrek.ap/index.html
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 11:53:43 am by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 11:36:31 am »

At CNN.com today:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/16/tv.startrek.ap/index.html

Thanks. I love Star Trek, but don't call me a  Trekkie, those poeple are just wierd.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 01:40:04 pm »

Thanks. I love Star Trek, but don't call me a  Trekkie, those poeple are just wierd.

And your not?  ::)

;D

There is nothing wrong with being weird.  (No, I'm not a Trekkie, actually, at the risk of "alien"ating some of you, I never liked Star Trek.  Now Star Wars, that is a different story!)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 01:43:23 pm »
Ha ha!

Bill is a Trekkie - Bill is a Trekkie!!

Relax, your secret is safe with us.

I haven't gotten a chance to see many of the 'Enterprise' eps, since we don't have TV. But I have purchased several seasons of TNG and Voyager, and we enjoy watching them. (We have a nice home theater but only view VHS/ DVD).

Is Enterprise available on dvd yet?

You mentioned that you thought that the lead guy "Captain Archer" seems to be reading from a teleprompter - did you know that on all of the other ST incarnations the cast was never allowed to ad lib? It was spoken as scripted or done over again. I always thought that was part of the problem with the characters not really 'growing' or developing as the seasons progressed. The writers had to notice a trend and then write it into the script - the individual actors couldn't expand the characters themselves.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 01:43:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42