What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First water change  (Read 2531 times)

96SC

First water change
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:35:59 pm »
Ok folks we're doing our first water change in about 3 weeks.  Though the water looks fine and the chems are in line, it's been 4 months.

When you change the water what else should I do to the interior of the spa, pipes, pillows?  Are there places that algea/mold or other 'critters' may hide that I should be alert for?  Do I clean inside the spa with anything special?

I did a 'search' but either didn't get the right combination of words or overlooked a  post on the subject because there wasn't one that addressed it.  (But I know I have seen posts about cleaning the tub in the past.)

The weather should be in the 40's then also so I'm not worried about the temp.

Thanks for any guidance.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

First water change
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:35:59 pm »

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
Re: First water change
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 06:00:06 pm »
From what I've read on the board, there's really no need to clean the shell unless there's scum around the waterline.  Baking soda/water mix takes that right off.  Or you can use some dichlor diluted with water.  I simply wiped our shell down with paper towels after I dumped the water to make sure the shell was clean.    

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 08:32:08 pm »
The only thing I would suggest is if you have removable pillows - look under them.

Other than that I do nothing at all unless there is grime on the shell and I usually use what Renee suggested.

If you feel the need just shock the tub with dichlor to kill anything that may need to be killed before emptying. I only do this if the water is cloudy before I dump the water.

I try to make it as simple as possible.

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 10:41:56 pm »
I agree with the shocking before draining idea.  Let everything run for about 30 minutes with 10-15 ppm chlorine.
"Growing older but not up..."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 10:41:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42