What's the Best Hot Tub

Poll

Does your tub temp read out in Celcius or Fahrenheit

Celcuis
3 (5.4%)
Fahrenheit
26 (46.4%)
Non Canadians click here to see results.
27 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: For Canadians only  (Read 6646 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
For Canadians only
« on: December 14, 2007, 09:59:25 am »
Of course I can't stop anyone from voting, but anyone is free to join the dicussion.   I was talking to a Canadian on the phone today aboot his hot tub and was suprised it read out in Fahrenheit.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

For Canadians only
« on: December 14, 2007, 09:59:25 am »

Helios

Re: For Canadians only
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:26:20 am »
I use Fahrenheit but my Coast can display in either Fahrenheit or Celcuis.
“Stupidity is not a crime…so you’re free to go”

Pathfinder

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:42:27 am »
We also measure everything in inches and feet  its only the government that uses centimeters & meters.  Its kind of dumb  our drivers licenses have height measured in cm but if you ask anyone how tall they are they'll tell you in feet & inches.

Helios

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 11:50:39 am »
We also measure everything in inches and feet  its only the government that uses centimeters & meters.  Its kind of dumb  our drivers licenses have height measured in cm but if you ask anyone how tall they are they'll tell you in feet & inches.

Except our weight because kilograms sounds lighter than pounds.
“Stupidity is not a crime…so you’re free to go”

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 12:56:38 pm »
Ya know Bil, until I submit my vote I can't see the results  >:(

Too bad there isn't a third choice of, "I'm not Canadian"
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 01:08:33 pm »
Ya know Bil, until I submit my vote I can't see the results  >:(

Too bad there isn't a third choice of, "I'm not Canadian"

No need to get angry!    Good idea.  There is now a Dr Spa option.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 01:53:37 pm »
Celsius in Canada? This is North America, not Europe!!!

Get with the program my Canuck friends!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 01:58:53 pm »

But do you do Kilometers since all the road signs are listed that way?  I assume you check your speed in kmh when a mounty passes by.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 03:16:49 pm »
Years ago when I was in Barbados, the road signs were in Kilometers per hour, it wasn't until I was going around a corner, under the posted speed limit, UP ON TWO WHEELS, that I realized the speedometers were in MILES per hour.

just thought I'd share  ::)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tom

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 04:52:48 pm »
anyone is free to join the dicussion.   I was talking to a Canadian on the phone today aboot his hot tub and was suprised it read out in Fahrenheit.

Arctic Spas readouts can be set to Celsius or Fahrenheit.  So your poll needs an "either or" choice.

And a boot is something you wear on your foot.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 05:34:32 pm by Graybeard »

Tom

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 05:12:52 pm »
Depends.   I built a house using metric blueprints and lumber and had no trouble at all. It was only because of the need for trade with the foot-dragging US of A that the Canadian lumber industry switched back to Imperial measure.  The agriculture industry is mired in acres, but the retail food industry seems widely metric.

I asked my doctor why he still measured my height and mass in Imperial.  "Do you know how much one of these scales costs?" he retorted.  " Besides, the computer automatically converts the results."

So, yes, if you ask my height and weight, I'll tell you in imperial but if pressed could tell you I am 170 cm tall and 72 kg mass.  I just asked my son in the next office if he knew his height and mass in metric, and he did.   Hmm, just checked my license, it says 73 kg.  Guess I've lost weight.  :)

My wife and I spent a year in Europe in 1973 and became so accustomed to metric measures that for the first few weeks back in Canada, we had trouble ordering sliced meat in a deli (uh, we want 150 grams, how many ounces is that?).  

My wife is a nurse, and medicine worldwide is metric.  I have a BSc and have done research work -- all in metric, the measurement system of international science.  Having used SI (Système International, the official world 'metric' system) for most of our lives, we wouldn't want to go back to the cumbersome system of Imperial measure.

Vive le monde métrique!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 05:37:17 pm by Graybeard »

In Canada eh

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 05:21:35 pm »
Celsius in Canada? This is North America, not Europe!!!

Spatech,

Its actually only the U.S. that still uses the old imperial measurements, the rest of the world uses metric.  I do have to admit that living in Southwestern Ontario is probably the most confusing part of all Canada.  The American influence is very strong here so we are use to both imperial and metric, its only a problem when you confuse the two, just ask NASA ;D
Bullfrog 451

Tom

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 05:41:28 pm »
The US of A has been officially metric since 1866, according to http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/usmetric.htm yet it seems to be the only major country that does not use SI in daily affairs.

Get with the program, my American friends, it is you who are out of step with the rest of the world.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 05:42:22 pm by Graybeard »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 06:23:35 pm »

Arctic Spas readouts can be set to Celsius or Fahrenheit.  So your poll needs an "either or" choice.

And a boot is something you wear on your foot.

Perhaps I didn't word it right, I didn't mean what your spa is capable of, but how you use it.  If my sister in law sits on the display unit of my spa, it switches to metric and then I have to find my manual and figure out how to change it back.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 06:38:40 pm »

Spatech,

Its actually only the U.S. that still uses the old imperial measurements, the rest of the world uses metric.  I do have to admit that living in Southwestern Ontario is probably the most confusing part of all Canada.  The American influence is very strong here so we are use to both imperial and metric, its only a problem when you confuse the two, just ask NASA ;D

Do you go by Metric time in Southwestern Ontario as well?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 06:38:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42