What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best chemical routine to prolong water life?  (Read 6155 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Best chemical routine to prolong water life?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 11:57:06 am »
tricky Drew how you slipped right in there... ;)

insert picture of Dunder Mifflin's  Michael Scott (Steve Carell)...

"That's what she said".

8-)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 11:57:06 am »

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 11:58:48 am »
YEs..that is what I say..no fears, I will never go in their tub :P.  They just think I am nuts dumping mine.

And now that we are talking about this, I was at a football banquet about 2 weeks ago and we were talking about hot tubs and the fact that I got mine cleaned out and refilled that morning and we could soak that night ..(the temp should be up). The couple across the table asked me why I dumped my water. They have a tub and they have never dumped their water either  :o :o..they claim they never knew they had to...they said "You don't dump your swimming pool too do you????"

Actually I do dump my swimming pool too  :P ::)  every spring.. I find it easier then trying to balance stale water... and I have a well just for the pool...so it fills fast, and does not effect water pressure in the house.

As for the Hot tub... my water is 3 wks old...and I already miss my "brand new" water.... mine is still sparkling clean... but when the jets are on.. not so much.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 11:59:57 am »
drew...you did it again.. >:(. I hope Boni "turns the page" lol  ;)

SpaNE

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 09:29:29 pm »
They have a tub and they have never dumped their water either  :o :o..they claim they never knew they had to...they said "You don't dump your swimming pool too do you????"

Sure...except a spa is a couple hundred gallons and a pool is tens of thousand gallons. :o

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 05:56:41 pm »
Theroretically most people dump between 10% to 25% of their pool water every year. I have a 52" AG pool with approx 48" of actual water and I lower the water about 1' every fall. That's not to mention what I pump off the cover and all. I'm 100% sure that as I pump the cover off that pool water is going with it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 05:56:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42