What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gotta say I am surprised  (Read 3386 times)

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
Gotta say I am surprised
« on: December 13, 2007, 11:46:07 am »
I didn't realize so many people enjoyed HOT tubs in Warm states.  I thought it was a cold weather pass time...   In Maine even in the summer I think it would be what some of you call a "cold winter day." lol ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Gotta say I am surprised
« on: December 13, 2007, 11:46:07 am »

Brookenstein

Re: Gotta say I am surprised
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 02:48:02 pm »
Hey its been really cold here lately.  We had to turn the tub up a degree to handle the 40's.  I'm not sure we'll be able to handle it tonight when we are suppose to hit 33.  At least its blue skies and 65 now.

loosenupspas

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 03:32:43 pm »
once you are fully immersed in the hot swirling water the outside temperature doesn't effect you.  As a dealer in central Florida, where is hot today in the 80's, I say to customers aches and pains don't stop when it is hot outside and soothing effects of water swirling water have been sought after since the beginning of time, well close to it anyway.  After all what was Ponce De Leon really looking for back in the day here in Florida.  If it were today Ponce would be buying a hot tub........It did snow once here in central Florida, it was 20 years ago so it doesn't happen on a regular basis.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 04:14:15 pm »
Hey its been really cold here lately.  We had to turn the tub up a degree to handle the 40's.  I'm not sure we'll be able to handle it tonight when we are suppose to hit 33.  At least its blue skies and 65 now.

33?  We don't think about skipping the tub unless its still in the 80s at night, but on the cold side, the coldest its been since I bought my tub is 4F, no wind that night so it was great.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 04:21:31 pm »

33?  We don't think about skipping the tub unless its still in the 80s at night, but on the cold side, the coldest its been since I bought my tub is 4F, no wind that night so it was great.

LOL... we skip the tub when its over 95 at night (which happens a lot between July and September).

We were in OR and WA for 12 days starting Thanksgiving and J thought he was gonna freeze to death.  We had highs of about 42 meanwhile at home it was in the 90's.  It was funny after about 2 days the kids asked to go back to CA where it isn't so cold.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 05:19:47 pm »
ASTA.....I do not use mine from June-Sept

Hell it was 80 degrees in Dallas last weekend.

But winter has returned again this week.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 06:00:52 pm »
hmmm today was a brisk 17* out... tonight who knows?? but I have sub zero temps to look forward to this winter.. I can't wait to use the tub then.. As for sitting in it in the 80's.. hmmm thats a very hot day for us up here... this fall I had trouble sitting in comfort in the tub when it was high 50's outside.. I kept feeling like I would over heat.. maybe I just need to get used to it.

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:20:16 pm »
I've had my tub 2 weeks now, and it is yet to go below 75 at night. I can't wait to try it out when it gets chillier. We keep the heat at 97 or 98. I think I would totally overheat otherwise. We bought for the combination of therapy, and a small pool we can use year round without spending $50,000 and having construction and headaches for 6 months. I also knew I would use a Hot tub in my screen more than a pool.

I bought a Caldera which has a separate breaker for the heater, which I plan on turning off in the summer.

Unfortunately, we are getting our first cold front this weekend and we are going away to Disney. (I hope my water is good when I get back!)

Though we grew up in New York, I could not imagine getting in and out of my tub when it is that cold! Brrrr! My blood has thinned since I moved here!
Ivie

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 11:11:41 am »
I've had my tub 2 weeks now, and it is yet to go below 75 at night. I can't wait to try it out when it gets chillier. We keep the heat at 97 or 98. I think I would totally overheat otherwise. We bought for the combination of therapy, and a small pool we can use year round without spending $50,000 and having construction and headaches for 6 months. I also knew I would use a Hot tub in my screen more than a pool.

I bought a Caldera which has a separate breaker for the heater, which I plan on turning off in the summer.

Unfortunately, we are getting our first cold front this weekend and we are going away to Disney. (I hope my water is good when I get back!)

Though we grew up in New York, I could not imagine getting in and out of my tub when it is that cold! Brrrr! My blood has thinned since I moved here!

You must be very happy with your Caldera!! If I had not bought a Hot Springs.. I would have bought Caldera's Geneva.  Love both tubs.  and both are backed with great service and warantees.  My sister's husband just goofed and broke the cover and lifter on their Caldera Geneva.. (snow load) They are coming out today and replacing all.... That is a great company...to cover stupidity...  ;D ;D

::)

Lars

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 01:55:18 pm »

Had a windchill of -20F last night.

You had to step lively.  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 01:55:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42