What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aqua Show / New UV System  (Read 4893 times)

Micah

Aqua Show / New UV System
« on: November 12, 2007, 04:43:32 pm »
Since the Aqua show starts in a couple days, I will be heading there to see some of the new things in the spa industry.  The only thing that has caught my attention is a new spa purification system.  It is a mixture of a 265mg ozone unit along with a "ultraviolet germicidal light".  I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiance with this type of unit.  I'm sure some of you will call it "snake oil". (and it might be.) I would love to get some D1 dealers thoughts on the system since it is on the Bay Series.  

P.S. Is anyone going to Aqua?
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Hot Tub Forum

Aqua Show / New UV System
« on: November 12, 2007, 04:43:32 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Aqua Show / New UV System
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:47:03 pm »
I will be there on Wednesday, When are you going up?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:47:16 pm by Mendocino101 »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:52:37 pm »
Flying in Wednesday morning.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Micah

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:19:53 pm »
I'm driving up early Wednesday morning
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:20:37 pm by Micah »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:24:33 pm »
We can car pool, we are kicking around going up Tuesday night but I think a turn around on Wednesday will be what we do.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 09:28:09 pm »
Since the Aqua show starts in a couple days, I will be heading there to see some of the new things in the spa industry.  The only thing that has caught my attention is a new spa purification system.  It is a mixture of a 265mg ozone unit along with a "ultraviolet germicidal light".  I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiance with this type of unit.  I'm sure some of you will call it "snake oil". (and it might be.) I would love to get some D1 dealers thoughts on the system since it is on the Bay Series.  

P.S. Is anyone going to Aqua?

UV in germicidal warefare has been in use for decades. Labs turn on UV lights to kill bacteria overnight. They are starting to use UV lights in Diaylsis water treatment and in home furnaces. Apparently you need very little contact time to kill a germ. Vermonter posted a little while back about it under an ozone thread.

I guess I will call it somewhat of snake oil as it will kill bacteria as it passes in front of the UV tube BUT that water will comingle with tub water ... just like 100% filtration, unless all the water is removed from a tub, passes through a filter (or uv lamp) and deposited into another vessel nothing will be 100%. Now if you could get a UV bulb big enough to irradiate the whole tub without losing power into the depths of the tub then it would do something ... kind of like a tanning booth/hot tub combo.

Mendo, if you want to stop in Jersey and pick me up - I'll go! ;) ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 10:30:20 pm »
You know Vinny, I was thinking of driving though Jersey from So Cal on my way to Vegas.... ;)

96SC

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 05:49:41 am »
You know Vinny, I was thinking of driving though Jersey from So Cal on my way to Vegas.... ;)

Mendo, since you'll be in Jersey stop by South Carolina and get me.   :D
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Micah

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 02:34:02 pm »
Mendo,
if your going to Jersey and S. Carolina...Count me in.  After all Vegas is 4 hours away, whats another 72 hours of driving. ::)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 03:31:35 pm »
lol....there you go anyone else happen to be on the way...Micah..we are not far from the 15 and 215 inner change for us its about 3 hours, you are on the west side or south bay ?

C-MeToasty

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 03:44:18 pm »
I have a Coleman spa model M6 with a Delta UV/Ozone system that does 99.9percent.  Is that the system you are thinking about?  I am very familiar with it.  In fact I recomend using a little chlorine despite what it claims too do.  I do have to admit it is alot less chemicals than the normal Ozone.  ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 04:24:44 pm »
I have a Coleman spa model M6 with a Delta UV/Ozone system that does 99.9percent.  Is that the system you are thinking about?  I am very familiar with it.  In fact I recomend using a little chlorine despite what it claims too do.  I do have to admit it is alot less chemicals than the normal Ozone.  ;)

I hope you aren't trying to tell us it does 99.9% of the sanitizing. If so, put down the Marketing literature and sprinkle some dichlor in that spa.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 04:24:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42