What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I am finished looking at hot tubs  (Read 52054 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: I am finished looking at hot tubs
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 05:59:19 pm »
I'd say Solo's spa journey is probably going about as expected. The guy is called "SOLO" after all; he obviously takes his time before he settles on finding "the right one" no matter what he's looking for.

His methodolgy may be off kilter a bit but his time is his own to take.

Keep on looking, it cuts down on the chance of remorse and spa divorce proceedings.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 06:00:22 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 05:59:19 pm »

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 06:19:29 pm »
Solo-  Just buy the thing.  Any of them will be better then sitting on your couch.  Don't let the best season to tub go by.  Get off the dime and spend that fisrt holy communion money you've been hiding!

Getterdone! ;)

solo

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2007, 07:11:00 pm »
Solo-  Just buy the thing.  Any of them will be better then sitting on your couch.  Don't let the best season to tub go by.  Get off the dime and spend that fisrt holy communion money you've been hiding!

Getterdone! ;)

Trust me, I'm ready to buy.  I'm just waiting for my phone to ring with the deal I've been waiting for.  I know that $500 isn't a lot to the average person that buys a spa, but for me, it is.  That will cover the first years running expense (filters, chemicals, electricity).  

mark 2550

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2007, 07:37:17 pm »
What spa did you settle on?? or your trying to get!!

solo

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2007, 07:47:47 pm »
What spa did you settle on?? or your trying to get!!

Yeah, I wouldn't call it "settling" because they are all great tubs.  But the ones I am ready to buy are:

Caldera Geneva
Hotsprings Envoy
Jacuzzi J-365

It will probably end up being the Jacuzzi as the Caldera and HS dealers and I just can't agree on price.  Whoever calls with the deal I am looking for will get my business.  3 solid spas in my opinion.    

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 08:37:12 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't call it "settling" because they are all great tubs.  But the ones I am ready to buy are:

Caldera Geneva
Hotsprings Envoy
Jacuzzi J-365

It will probably end up being the Jacuzzi as the Caldera and HS dealers and I just can't agree on price.  Whoever calls with the deal I am looking for will get my business.  3 solid spas in my opinion.    

Well, it should be, as the 365 typically sells for less than the Envoy and the Geneva. ;)

Enjoy!
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2007, 08:37:29 pm »
Solo, how long have you been waiting for a phone call? I would think that any dealer who really thought they were about to make a deal with you would call within a day or two, tops.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

rubadubeh

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2007, 08:59:01 pm »
Dealers: Am I correct in saying that the margins on the actual tubs are not huge and you make much of your income from chemicals, filters, funky lights and little ducks that float in the tub?  If that is the case, I definately would not give this solo guy a deal on a tub.  He is not going to buy his chems and filters from the dealer.  He is going to go online and put his consumables out for tender.  

Some customers tend to forget that a relationship with their dealer should be give and take.  Then when its January and your tub is about to turn into a block of ice the dealer wont tell you they have a 2 week back log on service calls.

mark 2550

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2007, 10:41:57 pm »

Caldera Geneva
Hotsprings Envoy
Jacuzzi J-365

Well all 3 of your choices seem to be good ones but I have to agree if a dealer hasn't called you back or you haven't done a follow up w/ them it might not happen.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 11:24:14 pm »
Solo, I wouldn't let the $500 kill the deal. Go with the spa that will make you happy over the long haul. The Envoy or Geneva would be fine choices.

I thought most Headhunters made a ton of cash typically. My next door neighbor is a Head Hunter (he likes to be referred to as a Recruiter) and he made over 250K last year. What market are you in?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Pathfinder

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2007, 11:36:56 pm »
If you didnt get a call by the second day at the latest then I wouldnt be waiting for a call.

If any of the dealers thought you might buy they all would have called you by now. But they have probably thrown your number in the weak lead pile for a call in a month. Since they are all probably talking to each other about you and agreed not to sell you a tub below a certain price since your bargaining price is unrealistic.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 11:50:21 pm »
Dealers: Am I correct in saying that the margins on the actual tubs are not huge and you make much of your income from chemicals, filters, funky lights and little ducks that float in the tub?  If that is the case, I definately would not give this solo guy a deal on a tub.  He is not going to buy his chems and filters from the dealer.  He is going to go online and put his consumables out for tender.  

Some customers tend to forget that a relationship with their dealer should be give and take.  Then when its January and your tub is about to turn into a block of ice the dealer wont tell you they have a 2 week back log on service calls.

You are incorrect.  The MAJORITY of profit comes from selling the tubs themselves.  The side business of chems and filters may be larger in some markets than in others and some may not even offer chems.  Depends on the market.  I can see a business model where the chems might simply be a nuaces
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spiderman

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 07:37:23 am »
$500 over the ten-year average of owning your tub = $4.17/month more.  You're right, wait it out.   Enjoyment, relaxation, etc isn't worth $4.17/month  :'(
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

rubadubeh

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2007, 08:17:08 am »

You are incorrect.  The MAJORITY of profit comes from selling the tubs themselves.  The side business of chems and filters may be larger in some markets than in others and some may not even offer chems.  Depends on the market.  I can see a business model where the chems might simply be a nuaces

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I didnt have a clue.    On a $10,000 tub,  how much would a dealer typically make?  Does the profit cover service work down the road?    

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 09:29:41 am »

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I didnt have a clue.    On a $10,000 tub,  how much would a dealer typically make?  Does the profit cover service work down the road?    

Do you really expect a dealer to share this publicly.  It's rather personal, don't you think?  Like us asking you what your salary is.  

Besides, it's rather useless information.  What would you do with it if you knew?

Typically, good quality spas have a warranty that covers most service issues for the first five or seven or how many years.  Some dealers charge a trip fee, some don't.
 After the warranty, or for any service not being covered under warranty, you'll likely pay for parts and labor.

None of that has much to do with the "profit" on the sale of a certain spa.

And then you get into exactly what do you mean by profit?  What the dealer actually banks, or are you asking about markup?  Which covers overhead, etc.....

Either way, it's not very useful information unless you're trying to run a business.
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 09:29:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42