What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I am finished looking at hot tubs  (Read 52045 times)

solo

Re: I am finished looking at hot tubs
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2007, 11:06:07 pm »
I AM CONFUSED!!!!

Why are all of you giving SOLO more advice and/or comments. He has made his choice that he "IS FINISHED LOOKING AT HOT TUBS", [glow][/glow] So, in my opinion the title speakes for itself.....he's done!!!!! Let him do what he neds to do, i.e. find and buy a spa!

Let's leave him/it alone. When he FINALLY Purchases A Spa & Proves It...POST THE PHOTO"S...Until then I am through with this nonsense....It makes me YAWN, big time!

This will be the last post I make to member SOLO, until he has a purchase of a PAID FOR SPA!!!! I am sooooo Bored with this....YAWN!!!!   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Amen brother.  I agree totally.  I'm as tired of the advice as you are of giving it.  I look forward to not seeing any more posts telling me what to do or how to do it.

Good call.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2007, 11:06:07 pm »

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2007, 12:44:45 am »
I AM CONFUSED!!!!

Why are all of you giving SOLO more advice and/or comments.

Um, in case you hadn't noticed...

Some of us had been trying to move the thread in a different direction: housing prices, bankers - heck, I even brought up the impending water emergency in Georgia.

But you've brought us back on track. Thanks for keeping us on task.  ;)

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2007, 11:10:25 am »
Sounds like a good time for a moderator to CLOSE this thread (since it's gone so far off subject and all  ;) ;)
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

96SC

« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2007, 11:37:30 am »
Sounds like a good time for a moderator to CLOSE this thread (since it's gone so far off subject and all  ;) ;)

Mr. Moderator, I move this thread be relocated to 'Beating a Dead Horse'. :-X

Can I get a 'Second'?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 11:38:44 am by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

solo

« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2007, 12:03:13 pm »

Mr. Moderator, I move this thread be relocated to 'Beating a Dead Horse'. :-X

Can I get a 'Second'?

Seconded.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2007, 12:32:15 pm »

And I third, fourth, fifth it ETC.  Whatever it takes to get rid of it  We used to have some very interesting questions/topics on here, but since SOLO came on the scene there have not been many at all.  Time for a change!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2007, 12:46:55 am »

Research is ALWAYS good!  That is EXACTLY what these forums are here for.  Your not the first newbie to come on here wanting to get something for nothing.  You are already seeing the effects of this learning process having realized that dealers are only willing to go so far without any benefit back to them.  If you can SHOW PROOF that you can generate 3 additional sales for them, then you can probably get the discounts you are seeking.  Consider starting a local buying club with your neighbors for hot tubs.  Narrow it down to one MFG and then all of you go in and work a deal.

Congrats on the Accord.  They are good solid reliable cars (We have owned 3 of them).  While it could be considered a "big ticket" item, they may not actually be that expensive (comparatively speaking).  I currently have an Acura TL as I saw the cost benefits of the leather (std), Memory seats (std), Sunroof (std), optional NAVI, Std Bluetooth integration 3 years ago before any other mfg was doing it as well as the updated styling and was "more than willing" to pay what I felt was a minor increase in price over the Accord

However, the fact that you bough the accord does demonstrate what type of buyer you probably are. If I was selling you a spa, I might see your car and ask you "how do you like the Accord" before EVER trying to even talk to you about Spa's.  It would help me understand what you want without even talking about Spa's.

If you reply. It's GREAT!  The BEST value for my money EVER spent!  I can't see why ANYONE would buy a Acura TL over the Accord because the TL is $8K more expensive....tells me the following:
           1.  You don't see a justification of a premium brand over the non-premium
           2.  You spend only what is needed to meet your transportation requirements
           3.  Reliability is more important that "frills"
           These are all GOOD things and can be used to help understand the best tub for you

My second question might be "Which engine did you get in it"?
           You may be thinking that I really care enough to drill into the car you like so much but
           the reality is that I am trying to further qualify you as a buyer.  If you respond "I got the
           Hybrid and can get 1.3 gazillion miles to the gal by hypermiling.... I then know that you
           place economy over performance and therefore you would probably also want a more
           economical spa rather than one with HUGE pumps (ala Bullfrog).
           PS - My wife's car is a Hybrid SUV.
                  Your response would tell me Wants power but wouldn't pay $2K for a NAVI system
                  built into the car when you could just as easily buy a $400 Garmen, right?

Based on these observations, I would probably lead you to either the Tiger River or 300-series Jacuzzi lines.  Seems the PREMIUM lines are just out of reach and you can't justify the additional $'s then these products "SHOULD" fit you to a T.  It not that salesman are trying to "down sell" you but rather that they are directing you to the products that seem to fit your nature.

In fact, you may well be able to buy one of those units for LESS than your current budget leaving cash left over.  In some cases the only things you are giving up in this trade off may be a basic as the tub having plastic escrutions instead of stainless steel ones (not a real big deal anyway and not something you would even think twice about a year down the road).

Guidelines for a typical Family of four (Homemaker working wife)...
Unless you (easily) make over $100K/year, don't bother with the highest line models, they aren't made to be sold to you (i.e. They generally won't discount them as much as you would like because the don't NEED TOO)

If you don't make at LEAST $80K a year don't bother with the mid-tier models as it may be a stretch for you to afford it as well as the $'s required for the installation ($900.00 or so in ADDITION to the tub itself for electricity, foundation, etc).

If you don't make at least $50K, don't bother with a hot tub as you are already (more than likely) struggling to simply make it month to month

Single Guy:
Premium line for those with over $70K/year in income
Mid-line for those with over $50K/year income
Don't bother for thos with less than $40K/year income.

NOTE: This may have been a long read :o but at least I broke it up into paragraphs this time! LOL!

ndabunka, I didn't know you were a dealer? What brand do you sell?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2007, 03:03:44 am »

ndabunka, I didn't know you were a dealer? What brand do you sell?

He's not a dealer, but a Jacuzzi owner. He thought about becoming a dealer a few years ago, but decided against it. Thus the insider knowledge.

I'd know if he was a dealer, I've got files on everybody...
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2007, 12:23:38 am »
I'd bet ndabunka would make a good dealer. He has lots of good ideas and seems to have a good business mind.....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:24:41 am by Gomboman »

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2007, 12:28:03 am »
I'd bet ndabunka would make a good dealer. He has lots of good ideas and seems to have a good business mind.....

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm just another day-laborer in the world...kinda
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2007, 12:35:55 am »
Open that damn Jacuzzi dealership in your neighborhood. I'm sure you would have a great business.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2007, 12:35:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42