What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to start new filled tub with dichlor and mps?  (Read 10677 times)

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: How to start new filled tub with dichlor and m
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 12:04:01 am »
but how are you going to know if you need to use less DiChlor when you have a N2 in?  you will still need to maintain the same 2-3 PPM of Dichlor even with the N2 in... so how will you know that the N2 is benefiting you any?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 12:04:01 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 10:09:54 am »
so you are saying I should just return the N2 and use ONLY dichlor and MPS?  won't the spa smell like chlorine then?  I thought the whole purpose of the N2 was to use LESS amounts of chlorine thus no real smell, etc.?

I am not saying use just dichlor and MPS.  I am only saying this is what I have come to.  Ozone and silver will help manage your water.  The use of N2 will not reduce the amount of chlorine you add after soaking.  IMO, the real benefit is when you do not use the spa, there is a low level bacteriacide working to help keep your water clean.  When a spa is used, however, you need proper sanitation for healthy water.  For this reason, I believe that daily soakers get less benefit from silver and ozone than do occasional soakers.  Silver and chlorine are good companions.

D.P. Roberts is correct.  Chlorine smell is not from too much chlorine but from used chlorine (chloramines) as well as burning eyes, etc.  A properly chlorinated spa should never have a chlorine smell.  The only way to eliminate chloramines is to reach breakpoint chlorination (shock with chlorine).  Regular use of MPS keeps chloramines from forming.  The two methods of shocking (breakpoint chlorination/MPS) are different processes.  This is information that I am just learning.  I always thought the two methods did essentially the same thing.  They do not.  Since I have been using MPS weekly, I find my free chlorine level lasts longer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 10:09:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42