What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time hot tub owner...  (Read 14740 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: First time hot tub owner...
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 10:24:51 am »
There's cheap spas and there's good spas and rarely do they betwine!

Term
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:27:30 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 10:24:51 am »

2 8

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 11:48:07 am »
I'm thinking about giving the D1 dealer a call and letting them know they lost a customer based on age discrimination.    Anyone think thats a bad idea?  I just want to stick it to the stuck up sales lady

Lars

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 11:55:07 am »
Bugging you that much, eh?

Why not just call them back and ask to speak to the owner.  Ask for the price on the Arena, and tell him about the saleslady.

Bet you get a pretty good price.  ;)

tinybubbles

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 12:34:46 pm »
Great advice Lars.  Sometimes one of our salesmen completely drops the ball when dealing with a customer.  While they represent our company, they do not represent how we like to do business.  A polite phone call from the customer to the owner works wonders.  If the owner doesn't give you instant results, then take your business elsewhere.  

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 04:17:08 pm »
2 8,

If you're coming to Cedar Rapids, we have a Sumatran here at Pool Tech.

I'd be happy to get it set up for you if you'd like to test soak.  As far as the temperature, Hot Spring-made tubs only recently went to the 104 limit to comply with UL standards.  The one we have here at the store (I'd have to check) may go up to 108.

2 8

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 11:07:30 am »
2 8,

If you're coming to Cedar Rapids, we have a Sumatran here at Pool Tech.

I'd be happy to get it set up for you if you'd like to test soak.  As far as the temperature, Hot Spring-made tubs only recently went to the 104 limit to comply with UL standards.  The one we have here at the store (I'd have to check) may go up to 108.

hey, nice to see a local on the forum.   I actually just talked to a satisfied customer of pool tech.  They bought the spa at a different dealer and had a lot of problems.  He said he called pool tech and you guys have been servicing him since.  

I actually found a good deal on a used spa about 3 blocks from my house.  Its a 2005 hot springs prodigy.   The only thing I am concerned about is that it is a 33" and that might not be deep enough for me.  

edit - one more quick question.  This 05 prodigy is set up for 110v and the guy says the only downfall is you can't run that jets and heater at the same time.   Is that  big deal?  He also said it is more efficient at 110v.   He said it can be ran with 220 or 110, but since it is set up for 110 how do I switch it back to 220v and is their a large benefit?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 12:24:18 pm by 2_8 »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 06:16:08 pm »

hey, nice to see a local on the forum.   I actually just talked to a satisfied customer of pool tech.  They bought the spa at a different dealer and had a lot of problems.  He said he called pool tech and you guys have been servicing him since.  

I actually found a good deal on a used spa about 3 blocks from my house.  Its a 2005 hot springs prodigy.   The only thing I am concerned about is that it is a 33" and that might not be deep enough for me.  

edit - one more quick question.  This 05 prodigy is set up for 110v and the guy says the only downfall is you can't run that jets and heater at the same time.   Is that  big deal?  He also said it is more efficient at 110v.   He said it can be ran with 220 or 110, but since it is set up for 110 how do I switch it back to 220v and is their a large benefit?

The Prodigy and the Sumatran are the same depth.  The great thing about the Prodigy is that you can fit five people, but has jet seats for six.

You can convert the Prodigy to 220V.  It's just a matter of changing some jumpers around and hard wiring it to a subpanel.  We have those here at the store- cost is around $200 if I remember correctly.  You'd need an electrician to hook it up for you.  The benefit is that during the winter months the tub won't cool off as fast when you're using the spa.  As far as energy efficiency, either way they'll use the same kwh's.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 10:24:08 pm »
I thought the same tub when hooked up to 220V would use less electricity and/or were more efficient than 110V. Not true?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 12:53:25 pm »
I thought the same tub when hooked up to 220V would use less electricity and/or were more efficient than 110V. Not true?

I don't know much about 'Lectricity, but it seems to me that a 110 tub would use less energy than a 220 tub just because it is impossible to run the jets and heater at the same time.  A 220 tub can do that and, I assume, does do this on occasion.  Does that make sense?

I used a 110 Prodigy for years and never really noticed any problem with the tub cooling off too fast during a winter soak.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

2 8

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 01:38:16 pm »
Our deck has no plugs at all so I will probably have an electrician run 220 and 110 out there.   I'll probably run it on 110 for a while then go to 220 and I'll still have the 110 plug out there to run other stuff.

I did finalize the deal on the 2005 prodigy so I should be picking it up this week.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 06:28:40 pm »
Our deck has no plugs at all so I will probably have an electrician run 220 and 110 out there.   I'll probably run it on 110 for a while then go to 220 and I'll still have the 110 plug out there to run other stuff.

I did finalize the deal on the 2005 prodigy so I should be picking it up this week.

Congratulations, 2 8!  Nice tub!
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 06:28:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42