What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FOOTBALL  (Read 21214 times)

96SC

Re: FOOTBALL
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 10:34:59 pm »
No pro game that I have ever seen could compare to the high school football game that I watched tonight....And I never saw parents get so pumped...Our team came back from 30-6 in the 4th quarter...and tied the game. Then on the last play,( a kick off), the kick returner on the opposing team tossed the ball to another team mate who fumbled it and it was jumbled around (still in play) until my kid ended up with it in the end zone....They called it a touch back...but still what a heck of a game...and I still can't understand that call.. >:(

Take it from someone who officiated HS football....you was robbed.  (I hate to contradict an official :-[ but as you describe it...you were).  

If the player tossed the ball to a team mate it signifies possession, if he did possess it then the call is wrong.  If he did NOT have possession then it would be a touch back on either a punt or kick-off. (Providing NO ONE had possession before it went into the end zone).

(If you live in TX or Mass.(it may be MD.) they play by NCAA rules evey other state plays by National Federation Rules and that is where my ruling comes from, not NCAA) :-/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:55:16 pm by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 10:34:59 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 04:48:56 pm »
Thanks, that makes me feel better....The official that made the call was on the other side of the field and maybe he didn't see the kid toss the ball to the other team mate. The ball was then fumbled...so I agree (as did the coach) that it was a touch down..and we should have won that game.  Oh well, it was a great game anyway and I was able to get the parents so pumped up that we will go in mass and demand that OUR school run the score board for the JV teams...Can you believe that they don't do that for the JV kids? All the other schools do except ours...I think it is degrading to the JV kids that they don't even get that recognition. >:(...but things will change  ::) my kid's Mom has a really big mouth!! ;D ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

In Canada eh

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 05:36:17 pm »
Then on the last play,( a kick off), the kick returner on the opposing team tossed the ball to another team mate who fumbled it and it was jumbled around (still in play) until my kid ended up with it in the end zone....They called it a touch back...but still what a heck of a game...and I still can't understand that call.. >:(

Boni,

Here's a good example of why the CFL is more fun.  There is no such thing as a touchback, if a player is tackled in their own endzone its a single point to the opposing team and possession following a kick off.  The real fun part is .......that player can kick the ball out of the endzone to avoid the single point :)  Makes for a lot of fun at the end of a close game
Bullfrog 451

96SC

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 05:41:04 pm »
Thanks, that makes me feel better....The official that made the call was on the other side of the field and maybe he didn't see the kid toss the ball to the other team mate. The ball was then fumbled...so I agree (as did the coach) that it was a touch down..and we should have won that game.  Oh well, it was a great game anyway and I was able to get the parents so pumped up that we will go in mass and demand that OUR school run the score board for the JV teams...Can you believe that they don't do that for the JV kids? All the other schools do except ours...I think it is degrading to the JV kids that they don't even get that recognition. >:(...but things will change  ::) my kid's Mom has a really big mouth!! ;D ;D

That must have been a crew of fairly young officials.  Whenever something, funky, happens the crew will usually get together and describe what 'they saw'.  Then the right ruling will be applied.  

Your son's mom has a big mouth  ;D.  I have never seen a JV, jr. high or even park and rec game without the scoreboard/clock operating (unless there wasn't one).  If the school resists see if they will let you do it.  Talk to the officiating crew prior to the game and talk to the 'white hat', tell him that it's your first game of running the clock and to please signal when to start and stop the clock. (There are times that the clock will start and no indication is given and there are 5 signals given to stop the clock.  Quiz for you, hubby and son, what are the 5?  Here's one, when the official waves is hands and arms over his head ).  But be forwarned, a poor clock operator is a PIA to an officiating crew so don't be surprised if they balk at the idea. :P

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 08:40:08 pm »
They have professionals photograph the games so they can review films (varsity)...they have a professional training staff (the main trainer works with the Eagles and we saw him on TV carting off an injured player during the Detroit game). They are getting ready to install 2 new turf fields..so I can not imagine WHY they can't either hire someone to do this or get another official..I am sure there has to be at least one parent that could keep the time clock straight...Or just forget the time and post the scores, even I could tell which quarter it was!!!!
I'll keep you aprised of my progress ...BECAUSE  by the next home game SOMEBODY better be posting the scoreboard! :o ;D

96SC

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 12:42:49 am »
I'll be watching your posts to see if the score gets displayed on the next home game.   :-?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:43:12 am by 96SC »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 10:00:39 am »
Watch the Philadelphia Inquirer....I might be in there.. ;D ;D ;D..
Only kiddin, I would never get that upset....but I might be able to get others with even bigger mouths stirred up..That is really my mission  ;)

96SC

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 06:01:06 pm »
I saw an article in the USAToday that the Bills may play a preseason game next year and a regular season game in Toronto in 2009.  (I think that was the years).

Will the CFL fans support an NFL game?  The article suggested that the game(s) were being targeted towards corporate sponsors not necessarily the common fan,  as if that is anything new. >:(

In Canada eh

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 06:31:41 pm »

Will the CFL fans support an NFL game?

[size=56]YES![/size]

By all means, bring it on.  In my opinion the NFL should have a couple of Canadian teams.  The Buffalo Bills have hinted that if they can't get a stadium deal they may move to Toronto if they can get the CFLs permission.  I hate the Leafs, Jays and Raptors but I sure would be a Toronto NFL fan.
Bullfrog 451

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 06:57:18 pm »
I think maybe in only Toronto and Saskatchewan (where the whole province supports the team) would NFL be able to fill a 100,000 seat stadium. Smaller cities might not have enough fans crazy enoug about footbal at NFL ticket prices in order to provide a turnout NFL level salaries require.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 07:13:00 pm »
I think maybe in only Toronto and Saskatchewan (where the whole province supports the team) would NFL be able to fill a 100,000 seat stadium. Smaller cities might not have enough fans crazy enoug about footbal at NFL ticket prices in order to provide a turnout NFL level salaries require.

I can certainly see Toronto (always assumed the wait was due to the NFL not wanting to screw the CFL) but Saskatchewan, really? Would it be the Saskatoon Bills or the Moose Jaw Bills? Or maybe they'd rename them something like the Sakatoon Loons or the Moose Jaw Breakers.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 07:16:53 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

96SC

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 07:45:48 pm »

Or maybe they'd rename them something like the Sakatoon Loons or the Moose Jaw Breakers.

ROFLMAO ;D ;D

In Canada eh

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 10:19:41 pm »
Smaller cities might not have enough fans crazy enoug about footbal at NFL ticket prices in order to provide a turnout NFL level salaries require.

I don't know about that, think Green Bay
Bullfrog 451

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2007, 11:55:21 pm »
I'd equate GB to Saskatchewan.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 11:57:05 pm »

Or maybe they'd rename them something like the Sakatoon Loons or the Moose Jaw Breakers.

Regina Gophers.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 11:57:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42