What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: And The Winner IS!!!!!!!  (Read 6354 times)

WannaSoakNow

And The Winner IS!!!!!!!
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:40:38 pm »
The verdict is in!!!! :) I signed on the dotted line this afternoon for a 2007 Sumatran! Woo Hoo!!!! I went into the Hot Springs dealer to do the re-test of the JetSetter and the Solana TX. I had already decided on the Coleman 351 but, had promised myself to give the others a fair chance. Again, I really disliked the JetSetter (could not stay in the lounger & really did not like the moto massage or the fact that there wasn't a foot massage on the two other seats. My feet never reached the foot massage in the lounger.)Altogether, notwithstanding, the Solana TX is a very comfortable little tub, plastic pie wedge that it is, I just didn't like the warranty .

I was about to say "Well thank you very much for your time but, I'm going to go with the Coleman 351." The dealer then asked again about the small foot print measurements. I showed him my plan again. He got this big grin & said why not take a soak in this Caspian while I fill the Sumatran for you. It's 6'6" X 6'6". You may like it. I thought what the heck, I'm up for a try. He moved water from the Solana & The Jetsetter while I sat in the other spa.

Once I got in I LOVED IT!!!!! I liked being able to move from seat to seat with the open well. I like the cool down seat that was near the foot massage it really hit my legs, the corner seats were very comfortable & NO floating even when I leaned back. I played with the diverter; enjoyed the fact I could set different seats differently. Every seat felt GREAT!

Price out the door $5,100.00 + tax. Includes delivery, set-up, cover, cover assist, ozone up-grade, steps, 3 months of chemicals, full warranty. I got the charcoal skirting w/ sterling shell. Delivery date last week of September- first week October.

I CAN'T WAIT.....I WANNA SOAK NOW!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

And The Winner IS!!!!!!!
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:40:38 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: And The Winner IS!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 10:08:56 pm »
Congratulations.   Thats a great story.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

JJWP

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 10:19:20 pm »
Congratulations on the new tub....wish you a lot of good soaking....I just ordered my tub this week too...

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 10:44:49 pm »
Something doesn't add up here unless I am missing something.  The original poster (OP) stated that the dealer said "Why don't you try this CASPIAN while I fill up the Sumatran" so it looks like the spa you enjoyed was a Caspian, not the Sumatran yet your title says you bought a Sumatran.  Sounds like you bought a Caspian instead (you didn't elaborate on anything after the Caspian).  Did your prose miss a beat there or did you mis-state your choice or are they the same thing?  If they are the same tub, why was the dealer filling up another one?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:45:23 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 10:59:04 pm »
Something doesn't add up here unless I am missing something.  The original poster (OP) stated that the dealer said "Why don't you try this CASPIAN while I fill up the Sumatran" so it looks like the spa you enjoyed was a Caspian, not the Sumatran yet your title says you bought a Sumatran.  Sounds like you bought a Caspian instead (you didn't elaborate on anything after the Caspian).  Did your prose miss a beat there or did you mis-state your choice or are they the same thing?  If they are the same tub, why was the dealer filling up another one?

LOL, I think you might be overanalyzing a bit Bunka. I think the "Once I got in I LOVED IT!!!!!"  was in reference to once he/she got in the Sumatra after having waited in the bullpen spa (Caspian). Sure there could have been a statement in between about exiting the Caspian to enter the test spa but this isn't a writing class so I don't see the need to pull out the red pen.

Anyway, congrats on joining the ranks of spa ownership! That's one more testimonial for why we say:

[glow] LET THE WET TEST BE YOUR GUIDE!!![/glow]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:00:46 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spiderman

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 11:10:48 pm »
Great tub and a great price!  Enjoy!  The wait is the worst  :'(
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 11:29:17 pm »

So glad you found what you were really looking for in a hot tub.  I know you will enjoy every minute of it.  Happy hot tubbing.  Sounds like a very nice tub.  Send pics when you get it.

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 02:55:46 am »
Congrats, I guess. I can't imagine anyone choosing the Sumatran over the Caspian unless price was the major consideration. Whatever you actually bought, I'm happy for you. I would never buy a HotSpring, but I would buy a Tiger River.

104 degrees

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 07:44:04 am »
What tub did he or she get :-?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 09:26:17 am »
[size=72]CONGRATULATIONS!!!![/size]

You're officially one of us! :D
I give the dealer props for taking care of you like that. Looks like you found a good one.

Cheers,

Chad

Btw, WSN is female and purchased a Sumatran.

Nice open seated tub with lots of footwell space. I thought you wanted some foot jets though. Maybe I'll have to to come over and give you a foot massage instead. ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:34:37 am by WHY_NOT »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 10:17:13 am »
Huge foot jet under light.

I recall size and price were considerations.

In many ways a Sumatran is a small Caspian.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

WannaSoakNow

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 10:29:01 am »
Okay, I wasn't as clear as I should have been; mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa... :-[...I'll speak to my creative writing teacher tomorrow....For clarity; I purchased the "SUMATRAN"

Some may remember, from a previous post, I have very limited space requirements. Even if I had liked the Caspian, I could never have fit it into my space and used the cover assist. I actually did not like it; Caspian that is. I did some floating, jets were great if I sat with my legs crossed in the seats and yes, the price was much higher.

The Sumatran does have a foot jet with nice power, that I can reach from all but one seat, with the jets feeling just right for me. I didn't float all over the place (maybe I just need to put on more weight to stay put with a stretch job thrown in to make me taller for some of the other spa's)   ;)

Now the real work begins, electrical, concrete, landscaping etc. All in 100+ degree heat.

I hope that clears it up. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for all the help I have received here. I'll keep posting on the progress.

SpaTech---- I agree......[glow]WET TEST[/glow]

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 12:49:25 pm »
Are you going 110v or 220v?

Where do you live?

Who is your dealer?

We have hundreds of customers who love their Sumatrans.  When Watkins added stainless steel sales went up. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

WannaSoakNow

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 01:17:54 pm »
Going 110v....

Old Hickory, TN...

Dennis Croteau Hot Spring Spa of Music City Lebanon, TN...Very nice man & had a lot of patience with me. Answered all my questions, educated me about different aspects of the spa I chose. No high pressure sales tactics...

Glad to hear about happy customers. I'm sure I will be one of those also. I am glad the search is over.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 01:17:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42