What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any experience with....  (Read 2420 times)

JerryofWNY

Any experience with....
« on: August 12, 2007, 07:38:27 pm »
this or similar products?
http://www.thenaturalsolutionusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=7&gclid=CJ7MyOi07Y0CFReQGgod3yAitA

Our new tub hasn't arrived yet, and we are looking into alternatives to chlorine and bromine as water treatments. My wife is very sensative to chemicals and we are wondering if anyone has any experience, positive or negative, with some of the more "natural" alternatives.

BTW - I know life is unfair, but this is the the worst. NOW  is when I really need the tub. Muscles I didn't even know I had are aching from shoveling dirt and stone and laying pavers to get the pad ready. After working all day I'm ready to go wet test some more tubs!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 07:44:12 pm by JerryofWNY »

Hot Tub Forum

Any experience with....
« on: August 12, 2007, 07:38:27 pm »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
Re: Any experience with....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 08:15:32 pm »
Sorry i just have experience with bromine.
But later on some one will chime in.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 10:35:29 pm »
The product you referenced is an enzyme bacteriacide.  Two enzyme systems most often asked about are Eco One and the Natural.  Enzymes are not sanitizers and should be used with a low dose of chlorine to be most effective.  Another choise would be a biguanide system such as Baqua Spa, LeisureTime Free or Spa Guard Soft Soak.  Biguanides are a sanitizer.  Many people love them, others dislike them.  If you search the forums, you will find lots of info.

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 02:20:27 pm »
Very misleading  it looks like a scam more than anything I would never recommend having a ph reading between 8-8.4 and using apple vinegar for balancing. For a novice it would only be a matter of time before massive amounts scale build up would happen.

If your trying to stay away from lots of  chems look at a good ozone system and a UV sterilizer for the tub

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 04:06:40 pm »
Very misleading  it looks like a scam more than anything I would never recommend having a ph reading between 8-8.4 and using apple vinegar for balancing. For a novice it would only be a matter of time before massive amounts scale build up would happen.

If your trying to stay away from lots of  chems look at a good ozone system and a UV sterilizer for the tub

Many of the enzyme systems recommend a pH in the low 8's.  It is one reason I have never tried one.  You also have to rinse your filters weekly.  I agree, enzymes are not for the novice tubber.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 04:06:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42