What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Reflections spas?????  (Read 10703 times)

JerryofWNY

Reflections spas?????
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:06:15 pm »
Have been researching and looking at hot tubs for a while now. Just looked at a Reflections tub at a local dealer. I know I can buy with confidence from the dealer as he has been in this area for well over 25 years. He also sells Hot Springs and Vita Spas (by DM Industries who also makes Reflections). The Reflections seems like quite a deal for the money. Am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this make - good or bad - that might help me to make a decision.
I did find one review on this site but was from someone who owned the tub a very short time.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 02:55:44 pm by JerryofWNY »

Hot Tub Forum

Reflections spas?????
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:06:15 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: Reflections spas?????
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 01:59:46 pm »
Just because the cost is lower does not make it a good deal/value. For them to get the cost down they are cutting corners somewhere. So the spa is likely to be less efficient, has lower grade parts, lower grade cover, less warranty...

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

rubiconruby

• id rather be happy then right
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 02:46:59 pm »
I have a reflections seville and have no complaints. The tub just seems to have a few less jets and extras but im happy with it.
I had to have the technician come out and check it once and there was a loose fitting. I also had to replace the pressure switch for the heater but it was under warrenty. The only complaint i really have is that i dont think the cover fits correctly- seems too big and in the winter i get a lot of condinsation along the fold. I fixed that by putting towels in the gaps to help keep it from losing to much heat. i got mine in albany. where in ny are you?

JerryofWNY

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 02:54:06 pm »
I'm about 25 miles SE of Buffalo.

It seems that costs are reduced by eliminating some of the bells and whistles I see on other tubs we looked at. The jets seem ample in number and well placed for our needs,  though I have yet to wet test it.

Am wondering how long you have had yours, rcr?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 03:16:52 pm »
Whats the cost of this spa?

07 Caldera Geneva

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 04:15:30 pm »
I have a 1+ year old Reflections Grananda. I have been very happy with it so far. Don't know if it is still the case but the Reflections when I purchased mine came in the 3 levels. The highest level appeared to be essentially the same as the top end Vitas but the price also reflected that as it was only a little less costly. The lowest line in the series was TP insulation while the high end was full foam. I have 3 pumps plus a circ pump. Two pumps are 2 speed. I like being able to vary the speed with out fiddling with diverters and this allows me to do that. Other than a variable speed pump as some Artesians have it seems to be a nice feature. And plenty of power if you want that (I rarely use it at high power). Some, probably most of the major components are identical to what are used on the Vita spas. The only problem I had with my spa was with one of the control panels right after I bought it. It was promptly replaced and to save time they replaced it with one that had the Vita cover on it rather than the Reflections cover. Identical components except for the name.

Vita is not one of the more common brands discussed here but I have been happy with mine and think it is a well made spa. Service from my dealer has been good as well.

Reflections shells tend to be a little simpler and more open than the Vita models. I love the wide open seating in mine and don't think I would get another spa without a foot dome. That is perhaps my favorite feature.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:19:27 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

JerryofWNY

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 08:32:29 pm »
Whats the cost of this spa?

With a few goodies - cover lift, steps, ozonator - it lists for just over $6000 - sale price at my dealer $4500.
This is for the Marbella which is a new model and not in their current catalog.

rubiconruby

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 09:58:21 am »
I have had mine just over a year and am in it almost everynight. I have full foam insulation and think it was in the middle of the 3 ranges. The onle thing i wish i had was more jets in the footwell. I didnt know how much i would use them. definatly wet test.  

rubiconruby

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 10:00:11 am »
I paid around $4200.00 it came with ozone, steps, cover, lifter, and delivery. I think its around 5200.00 now

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 10:00:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42