What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Adding a control??  (Read 5024 times)

104 degrees

Adding a control??
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:47:33 am »
Can you add a "remote Control" to set temp from inside your house??

I have a Crown xl nordic spa.

Thanks 104 Degrees

Hot Tub Forum

Adding a control??
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:47:33 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Adding a control??
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:56:56 am »
I am not sure about your tub, you should probably check with your manufacturer. But if you can add it, you will love it. I have a spa monitor with my Epic and it is especially useful in the winter. It allows me to check and set the temperature, turn on the lights and jets and it monitors the tub for power failures or problems that would allow the temperature to drop dangerously low. It's a great thing to have. I think Marquis packages it with the new tubs, but mine was added as a gift from my sister. So they exist, it is just whether it will work with your tub controls.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

104 degrees

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:20:36 am »
Hi boni.

To control all that you control would be nice. i did have an alarm on the tub at are other home,  it worked great. now the tub is on the ground floor so it would be nice to hit the temp to 104 an hour or so before going in instead of walking to the tub and back again when its -20 outside.

Now the only thing for you to put on your controler is lifting the cover ;) now thats style ;D

I'll ask Nordic Thank you :)

104 Degrees. John

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 01:05:54 pm »
What kind of alarm did you have?

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:14:49 pm »
At first guess with a nordic  im gonna say  no.   Check to see what pack you have then go to the manufacture site either Balboa or Gecko  and you can find a compatibility chart for the wireless controls.  Its usually the higher end packs that support more features that allow for those systems.

104 degrees

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 02:01:15 pm »
At first guess with a nordic  im gonna say  no.   Check to see what pack you have then go to the manufacture site either Balboa or Gecko  and you can find a compatibility chart for the wireless controls.  Its usually the higher end packs that support more features that allow for those systems.

Thank you Pathfinder. Nordic has nothing like this. Going to the controlers maker is good advice that i will take. I'll let you know :)

104 degrees

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 02:03:37 pm »
What kind of alarm did you have?

When the ground fault tripped it sounded an alarm. It was in the ground fault swicth itself.

When are heater shorted out, it sounded the alarm and i knew the tub had shut off.

It worked!

104 degrees

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 02:13:52 pm »

The spa pack says "spabuilders" on it.

Pathfinder

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 02:38:35 pm »
As far as I know there is no wireless system for a spabuilders pack  but one of the other guys on the forum may know of a possible retrofit for it.

104 degrees

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 02:57:05 pm »
As far as I know there is no wireless system for a spabuilders pack  but one of the other guys on the forum may know of a possible retrofit for it.

I hope so :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 02:57:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42