What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New HotSpring Pillows and Auxilliary Panel  (Read 10483 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: New HotSpring Pillows and Auxilliary Panel
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 02:39:45 pm »
Sporanox.

Ask for it by name.  It's an antibiotic commonly prescribed for exactly what seem's to be ailing you.  I know they come tough in Texas, but get to a doctor.  Once that nail fungus stuff sets in, it can be a bear to clear up.  The sooner the better.

Loved the New HS logo on the first Pic, by the way.  Too bad you can't sneak it onto the "shaker of the red sweater's" website.  

On the other hand, nobody's seeing it nowdays, based on the postings over there.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 02:40:14 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 02:39:45 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 03:10:52 pm »
Hey Term, what time of the day did you take those pictures, looks like a hell of a storm.

Take care of the fungi!
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 03:20:10 pm »
Hey Term, what time of the day did you take those pictures, looks like a hell of a storm.

5:45 pm!  It looked pretty dicey for awhile.

It's been many a year since I've been in a tornado (30 to be exact).  I'm overdue for another one.

Thanks for the sentiments.  There ain't no fun in fungus.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 04:12:36 pm »
Term, I'm thinkin if the fugi are so prolific in your neck of the woods (or even just on your own neck), you might want to think about growing mushrooms. I live near the Mushroom Capital of the world...there's lots of money in mushrooms and I bet if you were clever, you could incorporate a home mushroom farm on the tops of your new spas..The one with the tree gave me that idea. What a sell point...and if you used a good quality mushroom soil (composted manure), it generates it's own heat.

Mushroom Capital of the World
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
No U.S. state produces more mushrooms than Pennsylvania. So it makes sense that here, in the heart of mushroom country, one would find the Phillips Mushroom Museum. Established in 1972, the museum chronicles three generations of the mushroom-farming Phillips family beginning with Pennsylvania mushroom pioneer William W. Phillips, a man who really knew his shiitake.

I think a good soak in a high concentration of bromine at about 108 degrees might help your ear...the nails will be much tougher to deal with..Do you have a Rotozip?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:33:59 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 05:03:49 pm »
We usually don't have many mushrooms growing around here except in the riverbottoms, but this unusually wet weather has got them sprouting up like dwarves.
Might not be a bad idea to start cultivating some.  I've got a good stock of spores in my ears and nostrils.

Anyone ever had leprosy?  If so, how do you get rid of it?

I can't go to the doctor because Amy (my underling) is visiting family in Florida, so I'm outta luck until next week.  I just hope it don't get on my giblets.

What's a Rotozip? :-?

Term

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 06:41:46 pm »
Welllllll.....5:40 and we're having our daily downpour.  Didn't see a customer all day. :'(

Ya'll have a good evening.

Term

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 06:44:55 pm »
What's a Rotozip? :-?

Term

It's what they use when you get that stuff on your giblets.   :( :'(
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 07:07:52 pm »

Rifampin- No I've never had leprosy or TB.  My daughter has cystic fibrosis, and she's been on every known antibiotic in the universe, including Rifampin and Sporanox.

Brewman

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 05:38:45 pm »

Term

Rifampin- No I've never had leprosy or TB.  My daughter has cystic fibrosis, and she's been on every known antibiotic in the universe, including Rifampin and Sporanox.

Sporanox is an antifungal and as such might work on the nasty creeping crud that appears to be turning Term into a large walking mold although I would certainly suggest getting evaluated sooner rather than later as that looks nasty!

Hansen's Disease (leprosy is so last century...) is typically treated with a cocktail of rifampin (an antibiotic also often used in the related disease TB), dapsone (another antibiotic that works similar to the old sulfa antibiotic drugs) and usually clofazimine, another antibiotic that by itself has a weak affect on Mycobacterium leprae but is greatly magnified when used in combination.

Thalidomide (yes, THAT thalidomide) is also commonly used for Hansen's Disease to treat specific forms of the disease.

Typically treatment with the multi drug therapy can take anywhere from 6 months to as much as 2 years and even then the disease has been known to reoccur.

Like many disease's the transmission is not known definitively although it seems that direct contact is the most likely means of transmission.

So perhaps frivolity in hot tubs with women of unknown or at best dubious moral character at events that go by somewhat suspicious names like Alley Fest could be a source.  I notice the creeping crud didn't appear until afterwards... :-?

Hmm, seems worth the risk!  :D
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Mez

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 07:26:46 pm »
Dude, screw waiting til next week...dont you have any 24 hour doctors down there like Urgent Care...that stuff looks serious. I put off going to the doc too (like most men) but I wouldnt mess with that...it reminds me of "The Fly" movie when the dude starts to transform.
And I doubt if you got it from the 2 babes at your event...they look way too sweet :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 09:37:47 pm »
Dude, screw waiting til next week...dont you have any 24 hour doctors down there like Urgent Care...that stuff looks serious. I put off going to the doc too (like most men) but I wouldnt mess with that...it reminds me of "The Fly" movie when the dude starts to transform.
And I doubt if you got it from the 2 babes at your event...they look way too sweet :)

No doubt, I'd have been at the doctors a few days ago and I typically go into my doctor about once every 5 yrs.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 12:45:27 am »
Ouch, Chris, are those real photos? I hope everything clears up for you. Let us know how it goes with the doctor.

On a side note, I was very excited beacuse my HS aux panel died the other night. None of the buttons functioned--the aux panel was dead. It started working again last night for some reason. I hope it goes out on the fritz for good real soon.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 12:46:20 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 09:20:15 am »
What Jim replied to Term in the Dead Horse Thread back in May, may be coming true.

[glow]Terminator, you are aware of the netgative Karma that you get from maligning the dead.

You can read about it in the Bible, Gita, and in many of the scriptures from God.
When I read it, it said "sickness" "plagues" "mold" "fungus" and other things are coming your way.
I am not kidding. Read the Bible. [/glow]

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 02:43:39 pm »
term....please no more pics.....jeezzz dude get to a doctor!

well....more pics of her are always appreciated!

;)

96SC

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 08:51:50 pm »
Welllllll.....5:40 and we're having our daily downpour.  Didn't see a customer all day. :'(

Ya'll have a good evening.

Term

Term, is that a tornado in the upper left corner of the picture?? :o
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 08:51:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42