What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Relocating my cover lifter  (Read 4042 times)

apple

Relocating my cover lifter
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:33:32 pm »
I am thinking about moving my cover lifter to different side of my tub. I don't feel comfortable doing this myself. How much should I expect to pay to have this done?

Hot Tub Forum

Relocating my cover lifter
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:33:32 pm »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Relocating my cover lifter
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 08:49:57 pm »
I am thinking about moving my cover lifter to different side of my tub. I don't feel comfortable doing this myself. How much should I expect to pay to have this done?

Not certain why you would have ANY apprehension over unscrewing about 6 wood screws, moving the 10 lb mechanism (if that), and then screwing them back in at the new location.  Do you think your particular situation would demand more than that (i.e. If it's in a deck and hard to get to or something?).  In short, the trip charge will probably cost you more than the effort itself (maybe $75 total)?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Mez

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:42 pm »
If you are in the least bit handy, you could do this yourself. It is a very simple procedure. It would take 10 minutes to do tops, surely you must know someone that can handle the job. If you lived close enough, I would offer up my services just to help out a person  on here :)

apple

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 12:59:48 am »
If it is that easy I guess I'll have to try. I am just nervous about drilling the holes in the wrong place :-[.

Mez

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 06:31:25 am »
You really dont even need to drill. you could take a little nail and barely tap it is to create a pilot hole for the screw. You could take the panel off to check and make sure nothing is behind where you wanna go with it.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 09:02:06 am »
What type of tub and lifter do you have?

On my caspian, the dealer inisted I have the lifter mounted in a certain orientation.

I Installed it myself, took my time and measured everything out for placement, it took my an hour or so.

I'd set aside more than 10 minutes.

Not that this makes a big difference, -  but some are a bit more than 6 screws. I think on my CMI lifter there were about 20 screws per side.  :P

Also you want to ensure that if you do relocate the lifter, you don't hinder access to the  equipment panel/box

Remember: you will be left with screw holes in your  cabinet.  I'd suggest you fill these. Not just for astethic purposes, but also to proect the wood (Esp true if this a perma wood cabinet).

I would also recomend getting a copy of the lifters installtion directions to ensure you are mounting it square and with enough clearence for the bar to move. A quick trip to the lifters website or an email to the manufactuer should get you the directions.  ;)

Or, on your next drain, get a few burly guys and rotate the tub so the lifter goes in the dircetion you want. - if the electrical run/connection doesn't make this prohibitaive.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:28:05 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

apple

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 11:59:01 am »
I have a Marquis Epic. I'm not sure about the lifter, but it doesn't have any shocks. One of the salesmen from the dealership said he lives close to me and will come over and take care of it. I think he was going to do it for free, but I would want to compensate him for his time.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 12:41:49 pm »
. I think he was going to do it for free, but I would want to compensate him for his time.

Tipping the hot tub dealer? Well don't make the same mistake I made with my fist wife. She wanted to know how much to tip the mailman at the holidays. She thought maybe $50.

"$50 for the mailman?!?!?!" I replied.  "No way! Screw him, give em a $1.00."

Well that's exactly what she did.  

Boy, was he surprised when she gave him a dollar afterwards.

07 Caldera Geneva

Mez

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 08:07:59 pm »

Tipping the hot tub dealer? Well don't make the same mistake I made with my fist wife. She wanted to know how much to tip the mailman at the holidays. She thought maybe $50.

"$50 for the mailman?!?!?!" I replied.  "No way! Screw him, give em a $1.00."

Well that's exactly what she did.  

Boy, was he surprised when she gave him a dollar afterwards.

I heard that one 20 years ago :) Its a CLASSIC though :) Although the one I heard was after she gave him the dollar, she brought him back downstairs and there was a great breakfast waiting...
My husband said "Screw  him, give him a dollar, breakfast was my idea :)  ;D

Mez

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 08:09:40 pm »
I have a Marquis Epic. I'm not sure about the lifter, but it doesn't have any shocks. One of the salesmen from the dealership said he lives close to me and will come over and take care of it. I think he was going to do it for free, but I would want to compensate him for his time.
Not to drag this down into the gutter becasue of that joke but I couldnt resist...hopefully, you didnt have that in mind when you said you wanted to compensate him for his time  :o

apple

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 10:53:58 pm »
He is kinda cute--- and I do like 'em young.  ;) ;D ;) ;D. But I did mean financially. Seriously though, I was thinking $50- $75.

Mez

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 11:16:57 pm »
He is kinda cute--- and I do like 'em young.  ;) ;D ;) ;D. But I did mean financially. Seriously though, I was thinking $50- $75.
Well hell, Im kinda cute too  ;D ;) and I work for cheaper than that :)

apple

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 01:38:51 am »
 :o :o :o

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 01:16:43 pm »

50-75 ?  as a tip?!?!?!?!?!!?  huh?   Screw him! Give em $25. (breakfest can be up to you  ;D ;D ;D)

Seriolsy? $25 per hour for  a freebie job.
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 01:16:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42