What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance sentry 800 Circuit board issues  (Read 3300 times)

Stevenbrian

Sundance sentry 800 Circuit board issues
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:34:07 pm »
I need help with a circuit board issue on my old sundance sentry 800

My circulation pump stopped working so I swapped out a new capacitor with no luck. It this point my  2 speed pump relay would click. When I energized the spa I found that while attaching the wires to the capacitor, one of the hots came off the terminal on the pump and touched the casing of the motor which resulted in a big pop/spark and blown fuses.
I replaced the fuses but now no relay click.

I have read in this and other forums that moving wires around on the terminal blocks sometimes fixed the relay problem

One of my problems is that my board was not wired the same as others I have seen on the web for the same board. In the attached picture the power to the pump comes from the black, red and white where the green pencil is placed. The power to the circulation pump usually originates from the terminal block on the bottom right. Nothing is attached to those wires.

From the picture shown, can anyone tell me which relay or relays may have been damaged and is it possible to test the relays while soldered to the board

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance sentry 800 Circuit board issues
« on: February 21, 2016, 12:34:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42