What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa leak detection  (Read 6146 times)

tmack

spa leak detection
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:56:45 pm »
Hi
I have a Vita 7 person spa which apparently started to leak somewhere 2 days ago. About 4 inches a day. I have taken the side panels off to inspect. I see no moisture around any of the pumps, valves or piping in that compartment. On one side where a line of jets exist, there was moisture in the spray foamand a bit of mold. I removed some foam to see if I could find the source but really could not find the "smoking gun", if  I may. There is a junction of hoses to jets there but really don't see any dripping.he water level drop seems to stop at this level where the jets are. I really don't want to pull all the spray foam out chasing this down. Do the "spa leak fix" products work in this case? I see where you have to remove the filters and pour them into the intakes. How is this done  without draining the spa down to that level? It requires the pump to run so that would mean filling it back up?any advice?
Thanks

tmack
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:32:09 pm by Forum Admin »

Hot Tub Forum

spa leak detection
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:56:45 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: spa leak detection
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 07:28:13 am »
Have you inspected while the pumps where running?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 05:35:25 pm »
you could always dye the water and attempt to "trace" the leak that way, otherwise like stated above make sure you remove panels, check pumps/equipment etc. when the pumps are running because often times a small leak in a fitting won't leak when the spa is idle but as soon as you turn on the pump(s) it will immediately leak.  As far as the "fix a leak" stuff, I don't sell it, nor would I ever personally use it so someone else would have comment on its effectiveness over a large sample size, over the small sample size I have it has a 0% success rate

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 01:20:38 am »
I have sold it to customers who have used it, and I have spoken with four of our outside contractor repair guys. The results seem to be about the same: works some of the time, and is always a temporary fix if it does.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 01:20:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42