What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Spa Pricing  (Read 31195 times)

unforgiven

Hot Spring Spa Pricing
« on: August 31, 2011, 02:31:02 am »
Hi Everyone.  I did a quick search on pricing but a lot of the posts are a few years old so looking for some current advice.  After a lot of reading and research, my wife and I spent about two hours test soaking some hot spring spas over the weekend and right now are looking at either the Sovereign or the Vanguard with the ACE salt system as we have a salt pool and love it.  Like most people, I like to get the best deal that I can but I understand that people need to make a living so I just want to feel comfortable the price is fair.

After going over the models, we were given the following price for each of these spas.

Sovereign with ACE system- includes insulated cover, delivery and installation, start up chemicals, salt, cover cradle and steps.  $8595 plus Tax. 

Vanguard with ACE system- includes insulated cover, delivery and installation, start up chemicals, salt, cover cradle and steps.  $9695 plus Tax. 

The electrician is a separate charge to run 220 power to the spa.

In comparing these prices to the MSRP, they are a few hundred under but this price includes the optional ACE salt system and all accessories.

Opinions on this pricing for Florida would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Spa Pricing
« on: August 31, 2011, 02:31:02 am »

d00nut

Re: Hot Spring Spa Pricing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:35:55 am »
Just a heads up.  The salt system works well, but just check up on it a little more than they tell you to.  Just my experience.

Again, if you have looked at this forum, a lot of pricing comes down to geographical location, overhead, population, freight... etc.

Now, seeing as the dealer is giving you the ACE system in addition to all that, I would say that is a fantastic price.

P.S. Vanguard owner myself... amazing spa.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 07:00:25 am »
Welcome to the forum.  I haven't been pricing spas much lately, but this sounds like good pricing. Let us know how it goes.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

unforgiven

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 05:20:27 pm »
Thanks!  Any other opinions on the prices quoted?  I'd like to get a few if possible.

Definitely going to read up on the ACE but I have had a salt chlorinator on my pool for the past 8 years and would not have a pool without one.  Now that is opposed to dealing with chlrorine and the expense which I'm sure a spa is not as much effort but I like as close to maintenance free as I can get.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:23:26 pm by unforgiven »

unforgiven

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 12:26:42 am »
D00nut,

Any input on why you chose the vanguard?  We are going to wet test that one this weekend as it was not filled when we were there last.  We both like the moto massage and it has two although one if a single and not dual.  No lounger though which we are not sure we would miss.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 10:09:49 am »
D00nut,

Any input on why you chose the vanguard?  We are going to wet test that one this weekend as it was not filled when we were there last.  We both like the moto massage and it has two although one if a single and not dual.  No lounger though which we are not sure we would miss.

I can only give input based on the fact I use my sister's vanguard.  I do like the single and dual moto as they hit different spots.  My tub currently has a lounger, but would I miss it if I got another tub?  Probably yes, but just a little.  Its the least used spot in our tub, but we have a 6 person tub that is used 99% of the time by just the two of us.  If I was to get a smaller tub than the 92x92" one we have now, I'd probably go without the lounger as we would be in a smaller area most of the time.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:16:41 pm »
D00nut,

I can only give input based on the fact I use my sister's vanguard.  I do like the single and dual moto as they hit different spots.  My tub currently has a lounger, but would I miss it if I got another tub?  Probably yes, but just a little.  Its the least used spot in our tub, but we have a 6 person tub that is used 99% of the time by just the two of us.  If I was to get a smaller tub than the 92x92" one we have now, I'd probably go without the lounger as we would be in a smaller area most of the time.

Ditto, I like the single and dual moto-message.  I normally claim the dual for myself... wife gets the leftovers...ha!  However, the other jets do not get ignored either.  The two jet-stream jets in the footwell really do kick some butt.   Energy-efficiency is a given on the Hot Springs, and I love the cool-down seat.  No one ever cares about those, but I find them incredibly important to me.  Lastly, it's not a lounge spa... I hate lounges, so it fits me well.

unforgiven

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 10:45:48 pm »
I'm thinking the dual moto seats are going to be better and a cool down seat is a must.  We are going to test soak that one tomorrow so we will see.

Thanks for the replies.  They are very helpful.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 08:51:33 am »
I do sell a lot of tubs with loungers,

BUT -

I hardly EVER sell a spa with a lounger to a second time buyer.

I find that people either love them or hate them - mostly dependent upon whether they can remain seated in the lounger with the jets on or not. The corner seats in the Vanguard do feel very comfy - like loungers - but they do not take up one whole side of the tub.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spalady

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 02:33:12 pm »
You can’t go wrong with either of these and the pricing is amazing. You are getting the ACE free!
I have and love the Envoy which has the lounge, dual moto massage, but NO cooling area specifically although I sit on the foot end of the lounge when I want a little less depth.
But seriously the 2 you are looking at are both great spas.
Happy tubbing.  :-*
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

unforgiven

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 08:55:10 pm »
We ended up buying the Sovereign with the ACE.  Every seat in it felt great and neither of us floated in the lounge.  Should have it next weekend!  Thanks for the help!

robmet1015

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »
We ended up buying the Sovereign with the ACE.  Every seat in it felt great and neither of us floated in the lounge.  Should have it next weekend!  Thanks for the help!

Keep us posted on the ACE startup and if your ph creeps up daily.  Trying to research why the startup sheet says it will rise for few weeks and seeing a yellow/brown ring daily when water jets run.  See my post today.  Take care.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42