What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pollen: tub cover is yellow  (Read 1680 times)

Bama

Pollen: tub cover is yellow
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:25:36 pm »
I don't know about you folks north of the Mason-Dixon Line, but down here in the deep south, everything here has a thick yellow coating on it.  
I washed off the deck and tub cover, but the air is so thick with pollen,
 tubbing is not much fun.  I don't like breathing in all the allergens.

Does this happen up north??

Hot Tub Forum

Pollen: tub cover is yellow
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:25:36 pm »

Spiderman

Re: Pollen: tub cover is yellow
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:33:27 pm »
I don't know about you folks north of the Mason-Dixon Line, but down here in the deep south, everything here has a thick yellow coating on it.  
I washed off the deck and tub cover, but the air is so thick with pollen,
 tubbing is not much fun.  I don't like breathing in all the allergens.

Does this happen up north??

Oh yes, in about 1-2 months it will be the same here.  Last year was really bad.  I agree, I hate pollen  >:(  We also get this white junk that floats around for a good 3-4 weeks; not fun.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 09:33:45 pm »
Yeah it happens but much later. Wake up in the morning and a light green haze is all over the place. It does seem to be more pronounced in the morning.

Not a fun time when it's like that!

But I guess it's better than seeing a brown haze in the air. Although I don't live where the air is the cleanest, I remember going into NYC in the morning and seeing the haze and thinking I'm breathing this stuff.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:22:34 am »
Here in Central MA In the spring, we get it too. Not too much you can do about it.  Leave your windows up or open the doors and you'll find a thin covering of yellow dust throug out the house. It's amazing.

Overall, I  don't mind too much as once the warmer weather get's here my hot tubbing dramaticly goes down from several times a week to maybe once a week.  Embrace the pollen....you know...the whole "Spring is reborn thing"... circel of life... the plants coming oout of hiberation....pollen, fresh buds,  birds trying to have sex with  bees, beer, nature renewed......

Sing with me,..It's the cirlce....the CIRRRRRRRRRRCLE  of liiiiiiiiiiiiife.

/sorry. I got out of hand. Hose things down, rinse your filters, and after the pollen has subsided that's my cue to break out the 303 protectant and give my cover a good cleaning.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:33:42 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 02:20:11 pm »

mine this morning has the "yellow dust"!

:-/

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 04:01:01 pm »
the only 'dust' our tub's got (other than the usual coating from what the dogs stir up in the back yard) is sawdust from the trees the hubby and I were cutting down the other day...but on the upside, it IS 75 here today!!!    :D
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 04:01:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42