What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi vs. Sundance  (Read 8516 times)

tcbc

Jacuzzi vs. Sundance
« on: March 18, 2007, 12:53:23 pm »
I have been looking at spas for a while now and I have narrowed my choices to 3 units, both locally sold and serviced. All units are new 2006 models. The first is a Jacuzzi J-385 for $8620, the second is a Sundance Altamar for $8940. I am also considering the Sundance Majesta without lounger for $8440. I have been told Jacuzzi is the sister company to Sundance so both tubs would seem to be similar in quality. The Jacuzzi is a bigger tub with a few more bells and whistles. I think the customer service would be a little better with the Sundance and it is loaded with options as well. All three models are out the door prices and include stereos w/ floating remotes, steps, covers, start up chemicals and delivery and setup. Any help or comments would be appreciated. I feel like the price is right on all 3 models.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 12:55:34 pm by tcbc »

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi vs. Sundance
« on: March 18, 2007, 12:53:23 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Jacuzzi vs. Sundance
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 03:31:18 pm »
Tcby,

Welcome.
You can't go wrong with any of those tubs. I can't comment to much about the prices of the Sundance Spas but from what I've seen/heard those prices seem rather fair. I own a '06 J-345 and know that my dealer here in the STL sells the J-385 at a similar price as to the one you're being quoted on. I would personally let the wet test and comfortability of the dealer be the deciding factors.
Btw, I've had my 345 for close to 6 months and absolutely love it. No problems whatsoever. It's a great tub!
Btw2, Jacuzzi/Sundance are manufactured in the same plant in Chino, CA. FYI and FWIW it was the first ISO 9001 certified spa manufacturing plant in the world. They have a very similar make-up. Both lines are among the leaders in the industry.
You've obviously done some pretty good research. One thing that is commonly overlooked is their fully enclosed ABS pan. It was one of the things that help me narrow down my search. Good work and let us know which you choose.

Chad

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 03:50:27 pm by WHY_NOT »

knowsabit

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 04:50:06 pm »
I have been looking at spas for a while now and I have narrowed my choices to 3 units, both locally sold and serviced. All units are new 2006 models. The first is a Jacuzzi J-385 for $8620, the second is a Sundance Altamar for $8940. I am also considering the Sundance Majesta without lounger for $8440. I have been told Jacuzzi is the sister company to Sundance so both tubs would seem to be similar in quality. The Jacuzzi is a bigger tub with a few more bells and whistles. I think the customer service would be a little better with the Sundance and it is loaded with options as well. All three models are out the door prices and include stereos w/ floating remotes, steps, covers, start up chemicals and delivery and setup. Any help or comments would be appreciated. I feel like the price is right on all 3 models.

You have to wet test them.  I'm putting my money on Sundance there.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 06:22:51 pm »
FWIW, my local dealer (Ohio) sells the Majesta with cover & delivery for $9000.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

tcbc

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 06:42:41 pm »
Thank you all for the information. I am going to base my decision on a wet test.

Chad,

Does the Jacuzzi brand have the fully enclosed ABS pan?

tcbc

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 06:44:52 pm »
D.P.,

Does your local dealer include the stereo for that $9000 price? That makes me feel good about the price I am being quoted.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 12:15:03 am »
D.P.,

Does your local dealer include the stereo for that $9000 price? That makes me feel good about the price I am being quoted.

Sorry, I don't remember if that included a stereo or not  - I wasn't really looking at that particular model, I was writing down prices just for comparison purposes. I would assume that it didn't, as this was their printed "sale price" for that particular tub.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 02:15:23 am »
Jacuzzi has the pan.  Sundance does not.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 05:29:30 am »

Chad,

Does the Jacuzzi brand have the fully enclosed ABS pan?

Yes sir.

Micah

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 01:13:56 pm »
TCBC,
It seems that you are looking at very different spas.  The altimar is a 7' spa with a lounger.  The J-385 is the biggest spa Jacuzi makes at 94" (almost a full 8') If you want to go apples for apples you need to look at the J-335 or my favorite spa the new 2007 J-355.  While you are at the Jacuzzi dealer you should ask to try the new J-465.  It is the redesigned verison of the 06 J-385.  It has a new type of jet that is incredible.  Since Jacuzzi is having their 2007 Model Introduction Sale you can get a great price on the new 2007 models.  
Let us know how it goes.
Micah
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 05:48:45 pm »

For the price I would take the J- 385 but thats me.  like the other poster stated check out the J-355 if your looking at the Altimar and the J-345 in comparison to the majesta. The leg jets in the new J-355 feel great.   Also as stated check out the J-465 very nice spa spendy but nice I have sold 3 in the last 4 weeks
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:50:43 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

tcbc

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 02:55:09 pm »
Thanks Jim. I just got a call from my Jacuzzi dealer offering a J 470 for $8680 with the stereo. Seems like a good deal to me and worth looking into. Anybody familiar with the 470?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 03:05:38 pm »
 That spa is running about 11,000 + stereo in these parts.

Have you had a chance to wet test yet??    If so I would be all over it.

tcbc

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 03:14:31 pm »
I'm going in today to look, there was a little snafu with the 385 so he is offering this deal to me. Seems too good to be true

Reese

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 03:16:23 pm »
...I just got a call from my Jacuzzi dealer offering a J 470 for $8680 with the stereo...
That's a lot more tub, for the same money you were talking about in your original post.  Don't miss that one!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 03:16:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42