What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Umbrella Recommendations  (Read 9606 times)

beach

Spa Umbrella Recommendations
« on: January 06, 2007, 06:06:16 pm »
This forum is great - tons of resourceful people who know what they're talking about hang out here.

I saw a few spa umbrellas made by Fim, and one made by Leisure Concepts, but it's hard to tell what the quality is like without seeng them in person.  Some of them are supported by sliding the base under the spa.  I wonder if the spa manufacturer is OK with this.   Others stay up in position by placing concrete blocks on the base.  Main purpose for this is privacy, but it would also be nice to have during heavy rain.

If anyone has any recommendations or comments about Spa Umbrellas, please reply with your thoughts and links.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Umbrella Recommendations
« on: January 06, 2007, 06:06:16 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Spa Umbrella Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 06:41:16 pm »
I too have been in the market for a cantilever spa umbrella. The ones that slide under the spa seem ideal to me but they're very expensive and I was wondering the same thing about it possibly voiding the warranty.
I was looking at a free standing one at Sam's that tickled my feathers but I haven't stopped by there to check it out first hand yet.
The only time I don't enjoy spatopia is when it's raining.........snow, wind, and temp are no big deal, I just can't stand getting pelted in the head. :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 06:42:05 pm by WHY_NOT »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 07:14:20 pm by WHY_NOT »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 06:57:25 pm »
 I just sold a spa brella from leisure concepts 10 minutes ago, both are nice, the FIM which we sell also will probably cost you more depends on dealer.

FYI I sell more spa brellas from leisure than any other not any problems they did have a problem with the battery charger but have now fixed it. 579.00 retail
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 06:58:18 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 07:00:14 pm »
JJ, Do you know if the one's that slide under the tub void the warranty?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 07:04:59 pm »
 No I dont think it would, the only downfall of the spa brella is I am not sure I would want to screw the base to the side of the spa, it does slide under but I really dont know how it would hold up to high wind,but then you cant really use it in high wind anyway.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 07:26:49 pm »
No I dont think it would, the only downfall of the spa brella is I am not sure I would want to screw the base to the side of the spa, it does slide under but I really dont know how it would hold up to high wind,but then you cant really use it in high wind anyway.

Thanks JJ.
If it started to get windy I'd just close 'er up. :)

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 08:51:01 pm »
I bought the HS umbrella.  My dealer told me there was a problem with the lights in the Leisure Concepts umbrellas, so he recommended the "company" umbrella.  I like it a lot.  I used to have a gazebo over my old tub and chose the umbrella instead of a new gazebo.  I like the option of open skies on good days and using the umbrella in the rain.  I also like the fact that the "foot print" of the HS umbrella is less obtrusive than that of the Leisure Concepts product. It has a very large base that slips under the tub.   (I'm still waiting to try it out in the snow, but as everyone knows, we are having a very warm winter back here in the east)  

The leisure concepts umbrella also comes in blue which is what I really wanted, but the green looks good too.  I think both are equal re: quality.  I also think your safe chosing any umbrella that uses Sunbrella fabric.  It seems to be the standard in the industry.

I also don't think you have to worry about a warranty issue using an accessory like this.  It can't harm the tub.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 08:52:34 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

beach

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 11:25:18 pm »
Nice setup Richs100!  Do you remember how much you paid for the HS umbrella?  Trying to get an idea of how much a good umbrella costs.

Richs100

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 06:42:11 am »
Nice setup Richs100!  Do you remember how much you paid for the HS umbrella?  Trying to get an idea of how much a good umbrella costs.

I think it ran about $500.00 for both the umbrella and the spa stand.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 08:06:36 am »
I'm pretty sure I found the exact same one as Rich's for $299 at one of the links in my previous post. Looks like the one to me, what do you think?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 08:08:33 am by WHY_NOT »

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 10:01:07 am »
I bought one last year that is similar to the first picture that WHY NOT posted from Sams Club.  I got it from Lowes for around $200.  It also has an optional base with a water bladder in it to keep it from tipping over.  I went with this design so that I could move it around and use it in different places on the deck.

Richs100

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 10:36:29 am »
I'm pretty sure I found the exact same one as Rich's for $299 at one of the links in my previous post. Looks like the one to me, what do you think?

I think that is the same umbrella.  I can tell by the design of the base.  Mine was included as part of the deal with a discount so I really can't say what I paid for the umbrella alone.  I was basing my estimate on the Scarritt.com website, who is a HS dealer.

loosenupspas

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 01:28:23 pm »
The Leisure Concepts umbrella is the way to go......

beach

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 11:35:07 am »
Thanks for the umbrella tips all.  I'm liking the Leisure Concepts one because it doesn't need to screwed into the side of the tub and it doesn't require any concrete blocks.

How many inches does the Leisure Concepts Spabrealla stick out from the tub on the ground/concrete slab?  I'm trying to make sure that the concrete pad is large enough for the spabrella to fit on the side of the spa.

I saw this umbrella online somewhere for 400 bucks with free shipping, but they only had one color option so i'm not sure if these are older models or if they just sell them at lower prices than everyone else.  If you know of a good dealer with good prices, please let me know.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 11:35:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42