What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: People Are Plumb Gooberish  (Read 5082 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
People Are Plumb Gooberish
« on: February 06, 2007, 12:16:26 pm »
I've spent the last 2 weekends out at the Maude Cobb Convention Center participating in the East Texas Boat and RV Show and the East Texas Builder's Association Home Show, respectively.

Some of the things people says and does at these shows:

1.  Redneck: "Are these them spas wif da TV's in them?"
     Term: "Where in the world did you see a spa wif a TV in it?"
     Redneck: "On TV."
     Term: "Oh....no sir, our customers sometimes enjoy doing something BESIDES watching TV."
     Redneck: "We really like TV."
     Term: "I can tell.  You might want to just get one of those little TV's and ducttape it to the front of yer baseball cap so you can have it with you all the time."
     Redneck: "Sheeeet....dat'd be COOL!"

2.  Redneck (lifting up filter lid on a Tiger River Sumatran): "Is dis a toilet in here?"
     Term: "I suppose it could be.......actually, sir, it's the filter compartment."
     Redneck: "Looks like a portapotty."
     Term: "Most people looking at spas usually aren't trying to figure out how to use the bathroom in it as their first reaction."
     Redneck (grunting sound): "Hhhnnnnnhh...I s'pose so.  You could 'bout fit in der, tho."

3.  Large woman riding a Little Rascal Scooter: "Are ya'll giving these away?"
     Term: "Practically, ma'am.  They start at $3,200."
     Large woman: "That there's a LOT of money!!!  Other people are giving things away!"
     Term: "Yes ma'am....they're giving away pencils, yardsticks, balloons, and coffee mugs.  I've got a brochure you can have."
     Large woman snorts and burns rubber out of my booth.

4.  Toothless woman (looking at Solana TX 2-person spa): "Ya got anything smaller?"
     Term: "No ma'am....that's about as small as a spa gits."
     Toothless: "Well, it's just too big.  My house is only 8 foot wide."
     Term: "That's pretty narrow!"
     Toothless: "Yep, we live in a motor home."
     Term: "Oh.  Well, good luck."

5.  Guy: "Yeah, we bought a spa from ya'll at the mall and it's broke."
     Term: "You bought a HotSpring Spa?"
     Guy: "Yeah, a Master Spa."
     Term: "Ohhhh....you bought a Master Spa from the Master Spa people.  We're not affiliated with them."
     Guy: "Bullsquat!!!  They said you'd fix it if there were problems."
     Term: "I'm sorry, sir, they misled you.  We only service HotSpring Spas."
     Guy: "That's a bunch of bullsquat!  Ya'll damn sure better take care of the problem!"
     Term: "Listen here, WE didn't sell you a spa, WE have no agreement with you, and if you'll show me the paperwork where it says otherwise, I would just LOVE to see it."
     Guy: "You just bet I will, buddy!"
     Term: "Enjoy the show."

Nothing but good times! :D

Terminator  
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

People Are Plumb Gooberish
« on: February 06, 2007, 12:16:26 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: People Are Plumb Gooberish
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 12:49:31 pm »
5.  Guy: "Yeah, we bought a spa from ya'll at the mall and it's broke."
     Term: "You bought a HotSpring Spa?"
     Guy: "Yeah, a Master Spa."
     Term: "Ohhhh....you bought a Master Spa from the Master Spa people.  We're not affiliated with them."
     Guy: "Bullsquat!!!  They said you'd fix it if there were problems."
     Term: "I'm sorry, sir, they misled you.  We only service HotSpring Spas."
     Guy: "That's a bunch of bullsquat!  Ya'll damn sure better take care of the problem!"
     Term: "Listen here, WE didn't sell you a spa, WE have no agreement with you, and if you'll show me the paperwork where it says otherwise, I would just LOVE to see it."
     Guy: "You just bet I will, buddy!"
     Term: "Enjoy the show."

Nothing but good times! :D

Terminator  

Is this from a past experience or did this really happen yet again?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 12:49:47 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dunerunner25

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:07:49 pm »
 This "Dude" sounds like he fell off his horse on to his head one to many times.  You should have referred him to the Home Depot spa center...LMAO!!! ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:14:57 pm by dunerunner25 »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:16:13 pm »
 I wouldnt expect anything else from Texas. 8-)

The funny thing is  I think they must have relatives up here.

I had a lady call the other day that put an entire qt size bottle of filter cleaner in her spa to clean the filters and she was wondering why she had so much foam. ::)

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:38:42 pm »
LOL.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 01:48:14 pm »
Term! I'm shocked. You should say, "Some" people are Plumb Gooberish.

I am sure you have come to the conclusion that only the very best people on the planet own hot tubs - no matter what the brand. Yes, there seems to be a direct connection between the quality of the tub and the person's IQ, but that has never been proven in a court of law. Yet.

BTW - I have had most of those same questions come up at shows over the years. How 'about a list of other fun ones? The responses which follow are not necessarily the ones that actually come out of my mouth. Sometimes they are just the ones I would like to say...

Person putting (filthy) hand in to my wet demo spa, "Oh! It has water in it! Kids! Come see this, water!"
"Yeah kids, come on. I bet you never see water at home now, do yah?

"What's the price of these?"
Always asked while standing midway between a $2995 Hot Spot and a $8995 Grandee...

"Ooh. Mind if I jump in?"
"Not at all mam. The piranha were just lookin' a bit hungry anyway. But take off your tennis shoes first, gives 'em gas."

"What are your specials?"
"Well, it's Friday, so we'll be havin' the meatloaf all day and fresh Apple Pie while it lasts."

"What are you givin' away?"
"Free IQ tests. You failed."

"Look honey, Jacuzzis."
"Look honey, idjits."

"Can I put one of these in a mobile home?"
"Sure. We'll just cut out the side with a chainsaw and slide 'er right in. Want it in the master bedroom?"

"Can I put it on my deck?"
"I knew you would be askin' me that, so I ran over and took a quick peek under your deck just this morning. Yes, you can put one of these on your deck - should be no problem. No problem at all."

Those are the nice ones...

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 02:16:45 pm »

Is this from a past experience or did this really happen yet again?

Happened again.  Different person.

They were supposed to have opened their new local store by now to service their customers, but don't seem to have gotten around to that yet.

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 02:25:28 pm »
I even tried to tempt folks with a package deal for Valentine's Day, but had no takers:

Terminator

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 02:27:54 pm »
Any pictures of the hookers?

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 02:30:01 pm »
My favorite is the lady who called and said "every-time she shocked her spa a breaker in the house would trip". It took me a little while but I figured it out, she was plugging in an extension cord and then throwing the other end in the spa.

I asked her why she would do such thing and her response was " the dealer said to shock the spa once a week".

This is a true story and it does prove you do not need an I.Q. over 50 to own a spa.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 02:32:02 pm »
My favorite is the lady who called and said "every-time she shocked her spa a breaker in the house would trip". It took me a little while but I figured it out, she was plugging in an extension cord and then throwing the other end in the spa.

I asked her why she would do such thing and her response was " the dealer said to shock the spa once a week".

This is a true story and it does prove you do not need an I.Q. over 50 to own a spa.

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 02:37:34 pm »
I even tried to tempt folks with a package deal for Valentine's Day, but had no takers:

Terminator

I mean, what's  says "Happy Valentine Day!"   better than hookers and blow?
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 02:45:16 pm »
Any pictures of the hookers?

It was a play on words....we were offering this grass lawn ornament of a well-known celebrity playing golf.  His swing is famous for having a slight "hook" or "draw".

Here are Ronnie and Stefan posing with it:

Term

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 02:59:35 pm »

I was tempted to call a BS alarm on that one. but you clearly say its a true story.

But then I remembered my sister, years ago their coffee pot had a cord you pulled out  from the pot which left behind the "cheater cord" back to the wall.  That cord fell into the water where she was washing dishes, so she reached in to get it out, and got shocked. But she had to get it out of there, so she tried again.  Finally, fearing she would really hurt herself, I got up and unplugged it from the wall.  
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:00:51 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 03:00:32 pm »

;D ;D ;D
That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone do before.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 03:00:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42