What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any thoughts on Hot Springs Moto-Message DX?  (Read 12138 times)

shortspark

Any thoughts on Hot Springs Moto-Message DX?
« on: December 10, 2006, 09:41:16 am »
Next week I will wet test a Hot Springs Jetsetter which has the Moto-Message DX jets.  I am also interested with their Prodigy which does not have this feature.  Of course, I will determine for myself if I like this concept or not but I am wondering from those of you who have the Moto what you think of it.  Does it work as advertised?  Any repair problems?  Since it is located on the Jetsetter lounger, will it "float" you away?  Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Any thoughts on Hot Springs Moto-Message DX?
« on: December 10, 2006, 09:41:16 am »

Webini

Re: Any thoughts on Hot Springs Moto-Message DX?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 09:47:12 am »
I have an 06 Jetsetter and love the Moto-Massage.  I don't float and my wife does not either.  No repair problems at all.

Some people like it more than others.  I think the bigger decision for you between those two models (other than price and footprint) is if you want a lounger or not.

Wet test, buy what meets your needs, and have fun!

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 11:14:43 am »
We have an 06 Grandee with 2 moto massagers.  After the wet test we realized that having a tub with 2 moto massage units was going to be the best way to ensure that my wife and I could both relax at the same time.  My wife has had a little bit of a problem staying in the seat, but she really likes the feature.  Her only comment is that she wished it went a little further down the back.  I can agree with her about that.  Otherwise, I would say the 2 moto massage seats are the most used ones in our tub.  

Just to repeat the advice:  wet test, and buy what seems best to you!  enjoy!

Bill

SpaMorph

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 11:45:14 am »
I have a 2007 Grandee, which has two Moto-Massage DX's.  I absolutely love those two jets and couldn't imagine not having them.  They are one of the primary reasons I bought the tub.  I wet-tested MANY tubs before I purchased.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 12:30:02 pm »
I also have an '06 Grandee with 2 of the DX. I suppose one would've been enough, and given me a bit more variety in seating options, however, the jets work wonderfully, and give a nice massage from lower to upper back. If I were wanting an even lower reach on the massage, I might sit on a 'booster' seat. ;)
RIP C-Rod

Spiderman

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 12:54:04 pm »
I love it on our Jetsetter  :)  Moto Massage in general was a big factor in buying a Hot Spring spa.  But it seems people love it or hate it, you'll have to be the judge.  My only complaint about the Jetsetter is that when the moto massage is running with the foot and neck jets, you can't use the rotory jets.  You can use just the moto massage, without the neck and foots jets, while using the rotory jets, but it's just not the same.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

SpaNE

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 06:30:34 pm »
I wet tested an Envoy recently with the moto.  I loved the neck jets, however, I wasn't overly impressed with the moto.  I thought it went up and down my back too fast - and felt it would be much better if the speed could be programable.  Having said that, it was a quick soak and it would probably grow on me as I got used to it.

anne

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 09:53:30 pm »
I wet tested an Envoy recently with the moto.  I loved the neck jets, however, I wasn't overly impressed with the moto.  I thought it went up and down my back too fast - and felt it would be much better if the speed could be programable.  Having said that, it was a quick soak and it would probably grow on me as I got used to it.

I, too, only wet tested, so I was hesitant to throw out my opinion. I did not like the moto at all, on any tub, as it was not powerful enough, moved too quickly, and did not go high or low enough on my back. The lounger in the Envoy was otherwise delightful, though.
Dance like nobody's watching

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 09:56:52 pm »
Let us know how you like the DX Moto-Massage after your wet test. Most people who own one love it. I have one on a lounger and it's the best seat in the house--for me.

Some of the folks who bought other tubs have said they didn't like it during the wet test so your mileage may vary. I'm sure some of those people would have got used to it over time. A five minute wet test may not be enough time to appreciate the feeling since it is quite different. My wife didn't like it at first but now she thinks it's great.

If nothing else, the DX will offer some variety to your therapy when you move from one station to another.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 11:17:20 am »
If I remember correctly, I believe you CAN slow the pace of the Moto Massage down by adjusting the air venturi. Try one again and experiment or ask the salesperson if it can be done (although I found many selespeople who knew less about their own units than I did as a consumer).

To tatooed lady, yes, you could get a lower massage that way, but then you would have jets that in effect would be unused. Just an observation from a relative newbie to spas. And not just a critique about HS but most mfgs. I really wonder who they have designing seats and jet patterns in a lot of models. Many don't make any sense or the jets hit you in the wrong spots.

In terms of repair, I have read from some HS dealers that they are easy to repair from the inside of the tub and not a digging expedition from underneath!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 11:35:19 am »
A general thought on jet placement:

There are so many sizes of human bodies that no jet placement can be done for everyone on a mass produced product.

Beware of claims of accupressure points lining up with jets.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 11:58:19 am »
If I remember correctly, I believe you CAN slow the pace of the Moto Massage down by adjusting the air venturi. Try one again and experiment or ask the salesperson if it can be done (although I found many selespeople who knew less about their own units than I did as a consumer).

The motion is driven by air basically so you'e right, you should be able to control the speed and strength by varying the air.

Your last comment is a good observation, with my apologies to all salespeople here as that does not apply to all. I've seen salespoeple from a couple brands that were less than knowledgeable. They can make or break a presentation just by how much they know. Soemtimes it's even refreshing if they admit they are unsure and will have to check on that as opposed to giving a snow job that is often easy to see through. However, they should be the exception, not the rule and most I know are quite knowledgeable in their craft (or are working to get there) though there are a few that just don't have the desire to truly learn their product and they weed themselves out eventually.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

shortspark

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 12:14:10 pm »

The motion is driven by air basically so you'e right, you should be able to control the speed and strength by varying the air.

Your last comment is a good observation, with my apologies to all salespeople here as that does not apply to all. I've seen salespoeple from a couple brands that were less than knowledgeable. They can make or break a presentation just by how much they know. Soemtimes it's even refreshing if they admit they are unsure and will have to check on that as opposed to giving a snow job that is often easy to see through. However, they should be the exception, not the rule and most I know are quite knowledgeable in their craft (or are working to get there) though there are a few that just don't have the desire to truly learn their product and they weed themselves out eventually.

Fortunately for me, I live only 35 miles from Terminator, a Hot Springs dealer who posts here frequently and seems to have an excellent reputation.

SpaNE

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 03:14:10 pm »

When I was wet testing the Envoy the dealer told me the air venturi would effect the strength of the moto, but not the speed.  I'm sure some owners will provide insight if this is wrong.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 03:20:55 pm »
I've used full air for the fast and hard DX massage...and lessened the air injected to slow and lessen the pressure...but at about half open or less on the valve, the DX doesn't move. The jet does, however, still shoot out water, but turns into a stationary type jet, FMO.
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 03:20:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42