What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Four Winds Spas  (Read 12521 times)

SuziQ

Four Winds Spas
« on: November 09, 2006, 12:58:34 pm »
OK, so we're looking to buy a used spa rather than a new one right now because we're fixing to move South, and are remodeling the house.  We'd like to have a spa to get into after a day's work and just relax.  We're planning to leave the spa with the house, then when we get settled somewhere, buy a new one.  We almost bought a new Hot Spring Vista last year, but then started ruminating on the move and decided not to drop that much cash at the time.
Any thoughts on the Four Winds brand? According to the seller, it has Balboa controls, it's two years old,  7'x7', and hasn't been used very much because they didn't have a deck at their new house on which to place it.  The model looks like the Key Largo on the Four Winds website, and the description matches the seller's description.
Any thoughts?  We could get it for less than $2,000, so it's not a lifetime commitment here, just a stopgap measure until we get settled.
SuziQ   :)

Hot Tub Forum

Four Winds Spas
« on: November 09, 2006, 12:58:34 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Four Winds Spas
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 01:40:12 am »
Just as long as you realize it is not a "lifelong commitment."  Four Winds is a regional player with so-so quality.  Not a bad tub, there are just plenty that are better.  Look around your area for dealers of major brands.  Many times they will offer used spas as well.  Some will even give you some type of short warranty, IE 30-60-90 days.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

SuziQ

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 02:32:18 am »
Thanks!  We're also thinking we might call the lady with whom we worked at the Hot Springs dealer to see if they have any lower end HS or Tiger River spas at an end of the season price.

rjrobinson

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:46:00 pm »
Our hot tub is less than 6 months old and has just quit working. Despite being "under warranty" we were told to call a "preferred" repair man to come out and look at it. After calling said repair guy for 3 days straight we had no such luck of contacting him. I reached out to Four Winds regarding the warranty and they washed their hands of me because even though the hot tub IS SIX MONTHS OLD, the previous owner of our home bought it and we are not the original owners, despite us paying more than asking price so the owner would leave the hot tub with the house. We have all the original paperwork and warranty's and have a brand new hot tub that doesn't work. Things go wrong sure, but good companies stand behind their products no matter what. The hot tub, the customer experience, the "warranty" is all a let down. If you are looking for a hot tub and want it to work longer than 6 months, do NOT get a 4 winds.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:15:03 pm »
Our hot tub is less than 6 months old and has just quit working. Despite being "under warranty" we were told to call a "preferred" repair man to come out and look at it. After calling said repair guy for 3 days straight we had no such luck of contacting him. I reached out to Four Winds regarding the warranty and they washed their hands of me because even though the hot tub IS SIX MONTHS OLD, the previous owner of our home bought it and we are not the original owners, despite us paying more than asking price so the owner would leave the hot tub with the house. We have all the original paperwork and warranty's and have a brand new hot tub that doesn't work. Things go wrong sure, but good companies stand behind their products no matter what. The hot tub, the customer experience, the "warranty" is all a let down. If you are looking for a hot tub and want it to work longer than 6 months, do NOT get a 4 winds.

Nothing comes on at all not even the display panel?  If. That's the case it's probably just a blown fuse

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 10:33:56 pm »
 I don't know of any "mfg."  that covers the warranty to a second owner.  That being said, the dealer could fudge the warranty paper work and cover the spa.  Strictly up to the dealer though.

And Hottubguy is probably right with a blown fuse.

av8r

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 08:20:02 am »
I don't know of any "mfg."  that covers the warranty to a second owner.  That being said, the dealer could fudge the warranty paper work and cover the spa.  Strictly up to the dealer though.

And Hottubguy is probably right with a blown fuse.

Hot Springs claims the warranty can be transferred to a second owner for a fee.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 10:57:18 am »
Our hot tub is less than 6 months old and has just quit working. Despite being "under warranty"

What makes you believe it's under warranty?

You say you have a copy of the warranty? The very first sentence of their printed warranty says "as long as the spa is owned by the original purchaser.":
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 04:55:38 pm »

Sounds like you need a new repair guy. I would never let a potential customer hang for 3 days.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 04:55:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42