What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Being Bought Out  (Read 3982 times)

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Being Bought Out
« on: October 11, 2006, 09:54:42 am »

In Canada eh

Re: Jacuzzi Being Bought Out
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:13:01 pm »
I wonder whats going on over there, about 2 years ago they sold off their pump division to franklin/schaeffer(sp).  I was kind of shocked considering it was pumps that started the company.
Bullfrog 451

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 02:13:31 pm »
What gets me is, Jacuzzi was/is 257 MILLION in debt.......... how can I get this kind of line of credit?  ;D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 02:21:37 pm »
What gets me is, Jacuzzi was/is 257 MILLION in debt.......... how can I get this kind of line of credit?  ;D

My firend Ken Lay says  incorporate. Sell stock.   ;)

Appollo is buying them. Anyone know what Appollo does? And I gather from the other thread that this is NOT thier hot tub/spa division?????
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 04:10:04 pm »

Appollo is buying them. Anyone know what Appollo does? And I gather from the other thread that this is NOT thier hot tub/spa division?????

I think they just own stuff- per the CNN article they're a private equity firm or something.  They must see some potential for the company if they paid almost a billion dollars for it.  

It sounded like it was just their plumbing stuff- Zurn, etc....
Never knew Jacuzzi owned Zurn.  

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:11:05 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 05:51:25 pm »
The private equity markets are ON FIRE right now.  So much so that the SEC is currently considering raising restrcitions on the way they function.  Think of it as only needing about 20% to buy your house (instead of paying cash for it).  The deal may be an "all cash" offer, but someone is funding it.    That's what's happening with these private equity firms.  It may seem that they are paying a large amount but if you generate revenues, you can extend that debt payback period for something like 8 years.  257mil/8 yields only 32mil/yr that needs to be generated to fully fund.  Some here appear to think that this isn't "all" of Jacuzzi but rather a sub-set (like before) but if that was the case, I think the initial write up would have been different.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 05:52:27 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 06:57:32 pm »
My impression is the entire company, Jacuzzi Brands, is being aquired.  Two brands specifically mentioned in some articles are Jacuzzi and Sundance.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 06:57:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42