What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Reasonably priced tubs  (Read 5025 times)

mcrofutt

Reasonably priced tubs
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:53:49 pm »
I'm a little ways into my search for a tub. So far I've liked the Hydropool Serenty 6000, and the Hot Spot Mallorca, both in the 5500-6000 range.
As you can see, I want a tub with a little room, quality build, and not a lot of whizzers and bangers. Many I have seen are in the 7000-10000 area and not only do I not want to spend that kind of money, they have many features I don't want.
So, what's good at the more reasonable end of the spectrum? I don't need tons of jets, massive horsepower, timed mood lighting, aromatherapy, sound systems, you get the idea.

Hot Tub Forum

Reasonably priced tubs
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:53:49 pm »

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Re: Reasonably priced tubs
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 04:02:12 pm »
Others who are smarter than me can chime in but my recent research suggests the Sundance Bahia is a good tub that could be had for just over $6K.  Perhaps the Hot Spring Sovereign could also fit the bill.

Check the review section for more.

Marc

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 05:41:48 pm »
Artesian Island tubs might fit the bill (especially the ones with one pump and few jets).

Most major manufacturers have a "lower end" of tubs that should be in your price range.

Artesian Island Antigua (7ft x 7ft) was advertised at $4,999.   Check this link out for the PDF attachment.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1147719598;start=4
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 05:53:29 pm »
Check out the Marquis Everyday line:

http://www.marquisspas.com

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 06:07:35 pm »
recent research suggests the Sundance Bahia is a good tub that could be had for just over $6K.

The Sundance 780 Series is a lot of bang for your buck. The Bahia(as mentioned above) or the slightly smaller Cayman. Also check out the new 680 Series Burlington.

Good Luck
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 06:37:25 pm »
I'm sure that there are some tubs in the $6K range unfortunately as the price of oil goes up so does the price of spas.

Back in Oct 2004 (which as I write this realize we're getting to the 2 year mark of my shopping for a tub) you could get a few tubs for slightly over $6000 and a few at that mark, but I think it is becoming a rarity depending on where you live.

Take a look at Beachcomber 300 series, Down East, LA Spas and Artesian Island series. Try to see the secondary lines of the manufacturers - they tend to have less features than the primary lines and shorter warranties, therefore cost less. One reason I choose the Island series is because they had more cosmetic choices than most of the secondary lines out there. I believe LA does as well.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 07:16:58 pm »
We've sold alot of Mallorcas for that reason. Big spa for the money. Try it, think you'll like it. Great jet pressure and comparable to other spa features. Comes with the subpanel. Good choice.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 07:46:45 pm »
I think you would be happy with the Mallorca.  It is a great spa from a great manufacturer.  You can get more jets and flash if you want to substitute quality.  Remember, everything in a spa costs money.  When you start moving down in price, you start trade-offs.  

If you want lots of jets, you trade quality.  If you still want good quality, you'll lose some jets and flash.  You have to decide what you want more in a spa.  Don't let someone tell you can have everything for a low price.  It just doesn't happen.  It doesn't happen in cars, houses or hot tubs.

The Mallorca is comfortable, good power, great quality.

Good luck in your search!!
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 07:50:10 pm »
The L.A. Spas Tropical series has a model called the San Juan that would be perfect.
Measure once, cut twice.

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 11:18:59 pm »
Be sure and check out Marquis' 530 or 630 in the Everyday line.  They offer a great spa, complete with water maintenance system, still in the price range you are searching for.

MarKee

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 02:42:29 am »
The Marquis Everyday 418 is an awesome spa as well, it is a smaller 1 pump version of the 630.  Check it out, it is definitely in your price range.  It is the tub I'm about to buy.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 11:50:30 pm »
Jacuzzi makes a good spa for a competitive price. My J-370 is a 91"x91" spa and have three pumps (2 large and one of the circulating ones).  It also came with Ozone, STEREO and cover for under $6,500.  I know prices have increased but I am still seeing people buying the model below it for around $5,500 (the J-365) and to add to the confussion Jacuzzi now have added other variations to the product names (300-series, 400 series I think). In any case, many of us on here have discovered that Jacuzzi offers a good, quality tub and is (usually) super compeitive. Godo luck shopping!
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 11:50:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42