What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: steroe-light unit  (Read 2339 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
steroe-light unit
« on: June 09, 2006, 02:06:06 pm »
I was over at Doughboy pools website and saw they had these for above ground pools:
It's a radio/CD/XM satilite compataible unit. It sits on the edge of the pool has a solar powered light, and a waterfal (driblle) l feature

It looks like you can put multiple units around the pool:

Curious if there was a similliar unit for spas? (it would have to be something that could be taken on and off due to the cover, or put on a side shelf....

what do you think?  tacky? Cool? POS?

oh,to be fair, since I snatched thier pics... here's doughboys site:
http://www.doughboy-pools.com/?page=0
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 02:06:48 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

steroe-light unit
« on: June 09, 2006, 02:06:06 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: steroe-light unit
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 02:32:03 pm »
I'd probably go with a regular ol portable stereo/boombox.  Removing it everytime you want to close the tub seems like a pain.

Also...it kinda looks funny.

Lots of portable stereos these days have input jacks that make them compatible with satellite radios and iPods.

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 05:28:06 pm »
For an above ground pool - it looks kind of interesing but the dribble feature is lame IMO. It might be an interesting idea until something (everything ?) stops working.

As for the spa, my vote is boombox IF you want to share music and water resitant headphones for all the other times. My neighbors are a little too close to be out there at 9:30 PM + and having a stereo blaring. Maybe I could get away with it once or twice a year (I guess I'll find out as my sons grow up) but it really couldn't be something that is an all the time occurance.

I've also thought about powered computer speakers ... I figured spending $50 for them would be a fairly inexpensive experiment. Of course the first time I used them they would probably get water in them from rain or splashing and crap out.

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 08:58:06 pm »
For an above ground pool - it looks kind of interesing but the dribble feature is lame IMO. It might be an interesting idea until something (everything ?) stops working.

As for the spa, my vote is boombox IF you want to share music and water resitant headphones for all the other times. My neighbors are a little too close to be out there at 9:30 PM + and having a stereo blaring. Maybe I could get away with it once or twice a year (I guess I'll find out as my sons grow up) but it really couldn't be something that is an all the time occurance.

I've also thought about powered computer speakers ... I figured spending $50 for them would be a fairly inexpensive experiment. Of course the first time I used them they would probably get water in them from rain or splashing and crap out.

For $50 you can probably find a pair of outdoor speakers.  The quality would most likely be as good as a set of computer speakers.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 09:07:56 pm »

For $50 you can probably find a pair of outdoor speakers.  The quality would most likely be as good as a set of computer speakers.

I was thinking of a MP-3 player and connecting it to the powered speakers. I have stereo speakers outside already but not by the tub ... I was thinking maybe routing some wires to the tub area but it may be a little too much work and when the jets are on I would need to crank the stereo up.

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 09:15:53 pm »

I was thinking of a MP-3 player and connecting it to the powered speakers. I have stereo speakers outside already but not by the tub ... I was thinking maybe routing some wires to the tub area but it may be a little too much work and when the jets are on I would need to crank the stereo up.

Yeah, it's hard to hear the music with the jets on no matter how big the speakers are.  Headphones maybe, but regular speakers/boombox are a bit ineffective.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 09:15:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42