What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Relocation  (Read 3273 times)

willy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Spa Relocation
« on: June 02, 2006, 04:30:37 pm »
My father-in-law has a free standing hot tub that I was interested in relocating.  Does anyone know if you have to move it in 1 piece or can the cabinet be easily disassembled?  Also, if it can't be diassembled, can it be turned on edge without hurting it.  It is located inside a solar room(glass windows in aluminum frame) and I am trying to figure out if I can get it out without taking a wall down

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Relocation
« on: June 02, 2006, 04:30:37 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Spa Relocation
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 10:02:21 pm »
as far as it falling apart when it's moved, generally depends on the brand of hot tub. If it's a shell-in-a-box kind, then it may. In that case, you need to use 2 binder straps around the entire spa to keep the shell from moving much when you tip it on edge. get yourself some 2" pvc pipe cut to3-4ft lengths-use as rollers. some cardboard or blankets, not to scratch the wood. you may want to inspect the equip. to check to see if it's properly BOLTED down. If not remove it. Equipment end of spa is usually the heavy side. Don't lift spa on that side. oh, empty water. Have electrician or someone capable disconnect power. Couple strong backs, and a flat trailer and you're golden. THANKS DAD!
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 10:34:27 pm »
I've never heard of anybody disassembling a tub to move it.  They are usually moved in one piece.  IMHO

Mine was delivered vertically (on edge) and flipped onto it's base once we got it into the backyard.

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 08:40:24 pm »
Not sure disassembly for moving is even a good idea.
At least when moved as a unit, the shell is supported by the frame like it's designed to be, taking off the frame doesn't seem like a very good idea to me.  You'd be leaving the shell less protected and subject to damage, I'd think.  
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 09:13:19 pm »
There are several unknowns here. Most times spas are moved on their side, but we don't know how old yours is or the condition., I would take the skirt off and look at the condition of the structure. Rotten wood?  How solid does it look?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 09:13:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42