What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help! New Start Up & TOTALLY Confused  (Read 6181 times)

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
Help! New Start Up & TOTALLY Confused
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:05:10 pm »
Hi all,

New tub delivered today; electrician coming tomorrow.  It's a Sundance Majesta and it comes with a SunPurity Mineral Spa Purifier which the delivery guy put in.  I have just read the owners manual and there's a DVD that came with the Nature's Way Spa Starter Kit.

The owners manual tells you to add chemicals according to the Spa Dealers Instruction.  He told us what to do when we were looking but I only half listened--figured it would all be down in black and white!  

The Nature's Way DVD says to put in 1 Tbl. Sani Chlor-X, 1 oz Metal Control and 1 oz Sparkle -X per 500 gallons when the pool is half full.  But isn't Chlor-X chlorine?  I thought the SunPurity thing eliminated the use of chlorine?  The starter kit also comes with 2 oz. of Diamond Spa Shock.

The SunPurity instructions says use with 1 tsp of di-chlor.  I don't have anything that says di-chlor on it.

I have a call into the dealer but he hasn't called back yet.  Can anyone help me out?

Or could someone just tell me what chemicals I should use to start out?

Thanks!
'06 Majesta

Hot Tub Forum

Help! New Start Up & TOTALLY Confused
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:05:10 pm »

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
Re: Help! New Start Up & TOTALLY Confused
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 06:23:15 pm »
I'm pretty sure that whatever you put in you would need the spa turned on so you can run the pumps - that is not something that you should do with only half a tub of water - I'm pretty sure!!

Dichlor is the chlorine.  When I start up my Sundance spa I take a water sample to the dealer and they tell me what to put in - namely, TA increaser and Calcium hardness increaser - then chlorine.  

If you can, you should get your water analyzed and go from there.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:49:53 am »
Here is the Nature's Way website:

http://www.natureswayspa.com/instructions.htm
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 02:53:18 pm »
I'm assuming Nature's Way is similar to Nature 2.

You have to put in dichlor (chlorine) any time you replace your Mineral Cartridge. This makes sure that you get your spa started off right, with plenty of sanizier (minerals) in the water.

It's always good to have a bottle of chlorine at your house, this can be your "secret weapon". If you have  party or heavy use, or you just forget to add your shock to your spa, you can use chlorine now and then and help get it back up to speed without having to drain it.

As long as you're not using chlorine all the time, you won't ever notice a smell, just simply add the chlorine and run the jets with the cover off for 15-20 minutes.

watzup

• sipping suds
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 03:12:22 pm »
As a 1 1/2 month old owner, I still was unsure as to what chemicals to add and when.  My dealer had a "chemical seminar" today from 9-11 am.  He brought in a rep that explaned every chemical they used, its use, the amount and the frequency.  He talked about 3 sanitizer methods and explained the pro's and cons of each.  This was very enlightning, and I think I have a pretty good handle on it now.  I would ask your dealer for a similar seminar.  My dealer holds one every 4 months, just about the time you need to do a drain and refill and the adjustments needed to get proper water chemistry.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 03:12:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42