What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can I put a hot tub in my garage?  (Read 25020 times)

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
Re: Can I put a hot tub in my garage?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 07:06:40 am »
We considered building a sun room for our hot tub before we got it.  We also consisdered putting a roof & screening around the deck and setting it into the deck (as in on the ground).

We finally decided to put the sucker outside on the lawn for a year to see how we liked it, since everyone was always telling us it should be outside. We live in Canada, so it's cold here in winter too.

We have discovered some interesting things.  

1.  the only weather we will not go tubbing in is thunderstorms.  Everything else is fine.  The worse the weather, the better we like it.  A Tilley hat keeps rain & snow out of my face and ear muffs take care of the cold if it's cold & windy.  Just cold is fine.

2.  watching the planes go by and seeing the stars is great.  Sitting in the tub while it's snowing is sooooo cool.

3.  if we did have a t.v. out there, we doubt we'd hear it over the jets.

The tub we got is an Arctic spa, and one neat thing about this brand is that it comes with its own base, so if you don't like where it sits, you can move it. No concrete pads all over the place if you keep moving it.

We had it set up so the cover opens to the west, and blocks the west wind while it's up.

We plan to move ours about 20 feet to the east this summer, that's all.  It's staying outside.

So before spending a lot of money converting the garage, I would try it outside for a year.

We have a nice big garage too.  This is where we keep our cars & junk.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 07:06:40 am »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 08:30:46 am »
Hmmm, Christmas lights strung above the tub and the term "nice" in the same paragraph?   You wouldn't own a Mobile home and be from the south now you ye?  Just joking with you but honestly, people with christmas tree lights up (anywhere) well asfter Christmas is NOT a good sign. :o

Aww crap....I'm sure you're STUNNED....we put up a string of white lights around our living room, they're plugged into the socket that's worked off the light switch...we use those at night if we don't want to be blinded by flourescent lighting....nice low-light alternative for us......but the disco ball came DOWN right after new years.  ;D
RIP C-Rod

cappykat

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 09:24:31 am »
We were going to build a screened porch to put our hot-tub.  We ran into building codes, etc. so decided to landscape our backyard and do a paver patio and put the hot-tub there.  Yes, even in Florida we get a few cold days/nights and it's the best being outside under the stars with the cool breeze in your face.

No offense but I can't imagine a hot-tub in a garage.  An 8x8 room is going to be very small and like someone else said you might as well be soaking in your bathtub.  Actually, maybe you should get a Jacuzzi bathtub and save a heck of a lot of money.  

Somehow it just loses its appeal to me to be soaking around the cars, lawnmower, and all the other junk that accumulates in a garage.

Hey, "to each his own".
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 09:24:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42