What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: high pitched whine and slight vibration on high  (Read 5909 times)

big_nose

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
high pitched whine and slight vibration on high
« on: March 12, 2006, 03:43:39 pm »
howdy everybody,  I have a Beachcomber 520 manufactured in 1999.  Original pump & wet end.  It has just started a high pitched whine when the two speed motor is on high.  My guess is bearings in the motor or wet end are starting to go south.  Has anyone had a similar situation? ???

Hot Tub Forum

high pitched whine and slight vibration on high
« on: March 12, 2006, 03:43:39 pm »

J._McD

Re: high pitched whine and slight vibration on hig
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 06:28:16 pm »
Investigate your pump, look at the shaft where it goes into the wet end for any evidence of a pump seal leak.  If it appears wet or you see chemical residual or corrosion, have it serviced or you will be buying a new pump.  This is where it goes from a $70 to $100 repair to a $400 to 600 repair.

The other issue could be something has been sucked into the wet end and like a spinning tire could be oscilating or out of balance until you take that "something" out.  One way to check, you will get wet so turn the power off, is to open the suction fitting on the side of the pump and stick your finger in there, you did turn it off first didn't you, to clear or free any twigs or debris to come out with the water that is purging out and then close it back up being sure the "O" ring remains in place.

OR, call a service person.

big_nose

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 09:01:57 pm »
Thanks much! the shaft seal has been replaced once, but there is evidence of some corrosion close to the sling :Der and a little on the face of the motor housing.  I'll check the inlet...after killing the power.

pianoman

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 09:32:16 pm »
I just had to replace the motor on my pool pump. Started whining and every week it got louder and louder and it also had alot of vibration in it. Finally got so loud I just quit running it. Took it to the dealer and he said the bearings in the motor were gone. Thank goodness it was still under warranty. Hope that's not your problem cause the motors are not cheap, especially for a spa. I would difinitly let a tech check it out because it could be something else going on. Good luck, Dave
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 09:50:20 pm by pianoman »

big_nose

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 10:07:03 pm »
Thanks guys... appreciate the imput

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 10:07:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42