What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub Not Level - Problem?  (Read 9803 times)

paul

• New Optima Owner
Tub Not Level - Problem?
« on: February 11, 2006, 05:38:49 pm »
Are there any risks or possible problems caused by my spa not being level?  I filled it to a 1/2 - 3/4 inch under the headrests.  Now, on one side the water comes right up to under the headrest, and on the other side the water is about 1 1/2 inches below the headrest.  Other than the annoyance of a couple of neck jets that are loud b/c they are above water when someone isn't in the seat, could this cause any long-term or other problems?

I have my Optima on one of those $500 pads one can buy to use in lieu of a concrete slab.  I bought it from my Sundance dealer, who checked the spa location prior to delivery to be sure it was sufficiently level.

Hot Tub Forum

Tub Not Level - Problem?
« on: February 11, 2006, 05:38:49 pm »

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
Re: Tub Not Level - Problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 05:51:45 pm »
It shouldn't be a problem.  However check with both your dealer and the manufacture regarding the spa not being level.  If both say it's ok, then don't worry.  If the dealer says we will still warranty the spa, get it in writing!

Michael

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 05:55:59 pm »
Just curious... did you level out the ground and put sand down before you placed the pad?  Thats what we did and ours is perfectly level.  Has the tub always not been level or did it settle like this?

We've only had our tub 2.5 months, but so far so good.

paul

• New Optima Owner
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 06:52:21 pm »
We did not level out the ground with sand b/c the dealer said the spot was sufficiently level.  Do you have the pad as well?

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 09:10:53 pm »
Yes we have a pad as well.  Our grass appeared level, but I was told it was best to prepare the ground.  We removed all sod first, tamped down the dirt, put in pavers as a border, then added about 25 bags of sand, tamped it down then put the pad down.  Took us about an afternoon to do it, but it is perfectly level so far.

spiman

• Tub is in!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 09:36:58 pm »
I used to work for an excavator, so my plans are as follows; take out the existing joists for the deck, ( the decking has not been put down yet), rake and use a mechanical tamper to compact the dirt, add some pea gravel and do the same, put the generic patio bricks across the same and then build the decking face around the installed tub.

The most important part is to use something to compact the soil below and the pea gravel above so it doesn't move.
Have at it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 09:36:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42