What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: gummy substance in water  (Read 3214 times)

cyva

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
gummy substance in water
« on: February 11, 2006, 03:45:19 pm »
I have a Hot Springs Prodigy and switched to an enzyme based carefree spa program that resulted in more problems. Now we went back to our recommended program with mps etc but still have a gummy substance in the spa thats also stuck to the filters..... even though we totally emptied the spa through both valves and got new filters......very frustrated. Right now I am cleaning the stuff manually off the filters but don't know if the spa will continue to produce more or if eventually I can wipe them away. I am hoping someone can help me

Hot Tub Forum

gummy substance in water
« on: February 11, 2006, 03:45:19 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: gummy substance in water
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 04:14:03 pm »
is it something that you might be able to reduce by shocking the heck out of the water, run all jets, turbo, etc and make frothy on top of the tub, skim off, and reduce?
Seems most of the posts I've read (I'm a NEW-BIE) that have something to do with "crud" floating in the water, or otherwise being in the tub were recommended to do the shock, get all jets, etc working for awhile to loosen stuff up, skim or drain and refill.....
RIP C-Rod

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 06:42:17 pm »
I get it occasionally in my filter area when the water is close to 3 months old and ready to be changed.  Not sure what it is or what causes it, but it's gross.

rubiconruby

• id rather be happy then right
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 08:55:18 pm »
I had that kind of stuff in my tub too. I think it was a mix of my ph being off and some people being in my tub with soapy bathing suits and too much makeup. It got the Ph correct, rinsed my filters and got myself a scum bug and it cleaned it right up. Goodluck

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 08:55:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42